I have to try something new. I have gained 10 pounds in the last year and cannot seem to lose any weight (not that I am making a real effort). So I am breaking down this problem and finding a solution like a reasonable person instead of beating myself up internally until I feel like shit (like I normally would do).
Reasons for weight gain:
1. The BF and I started spending more time together and during those times I eat like he eats (that is a 6″2 former offensive lineman)
2. I am not in therapy or doing anything to actively stop and help my emotional eating issues
3. I am constantly reading foodie blogs and thinking about food
4. I eat when I am not hungry all the time – for a number of reasons > stress, boredom, tired, lonely, frustrated, you get the idea…
5. I have a horrible “nighttime snacking” habit and easily add 200 to 500 calories to my total after dinner each day
The Solution of my problem requires:
1. That I not feel like deprived so I don’t end up in a horrible binge/restrict cycle (which I have a history of).
2. That I can still live a normal life of eating with the BF (just not matching him bite for bite)
3. That I eat about 1600 cals a day during weight loss phase
4. That I am not always thinking about food/the next time I am going to eat
5. deal with my emotional eating triggers in a way that is not eating.
6. don’t eat so much – in quantity or frequency (yeah, this should be obvious)
I don’t want to do anything dramatic, I want to make reasonable and “do-able” life style changes so I don’t have to deal with this problem for the rest of my life. Since my problem also involves emotional eating, this is more complicated than just making a meal plan.
The Plan –
1. I am going to try eating ONLY 4 times a day. I know that sounds weird, but recently Kath mentioned it on her blog and it totally hit me like a ton of bricks. I need to do this! I am constantly eating or thinking about eating. It is an escape from my life and it’s not healthy or productive.
2. Those 4 times a day are: Breakfast, Lunch, PM snack and Dinner
(I was thinking about just 3 times a day like Fit From Within suggests, but I normally don’t eat dinner until about 7is, so 12pm to 7pm is way too long for me to go without eating.) I actually haven’t even read the book, but the excerpt I read on Kath’s site has me convinced that I have to. Outside of that NOTHING should be eaten.
3. I need to make sure the meals I am eating are filling, satisfying and around 400 to 500 calories.
I am actually never hungry for dinner because I always have an afternoon snack and take it too far. I think I need to get something that is individually packaged and just enough cals to keep me from coming home starving, but not so much that I am not hungry for dinner. What do you ladies suggest for this? I was kinda thinking Z bars or something like that.
and the last of the ww pumpkin cc cookies…
Well, all is not lost – sorry for the downer post, but I actually have some exciting news I will post tomorrow.
Join the 21 Day Run Camp now!
Do you want to run faster, stronger or longer? Join in!