Run, Eat, Report

Here is the big announcement…

I’m moving to Maryland for a reporting job!

Yes folks – Run,Eat Repeat is a Reporter by trade icon smile Run, Eat, Report I’ve been just doing it on the side most recently, but I realized I need to fully commit to my goals and go for it.

So, after a lot of stressful planning (while planning a wedding!) Ben and I are moving to MD in less than 2 weeks!

This move means a lot of things…

– I’m finally going to be working as a full time reporter

– I’m taking a 50% pay cut

– I’m moving very far from my mom and little brother icon sad Run, Eat, Report

– I’m living the dream

I am very scared and excited for this huge life change, but I really believe I’ll be better for it.

I am a California girl through and through, so I’m scared of the cold weather and lack of “hippie” stores, but I am going to make it work.

Really, those are the only negatives of it. This is a huge opportunity for me to become a better reporter and further my career. I am so grateful to be able to do this! It’s going to be great!

I will keep ya posted on my work there so you can check out my stuff.

Remember in the beginning of June when I traveled to MD for a couple of days? Well, that was to scout out places to live. It’s nice to finally be able to spill the beans icon smile Run, Eat, Report

On the 10th we will be packing up all our belongings and driving across the U.S. from CA to MD. Crazy. We are in the early stages of planning the trip. I will update the blog when we know exactly where we’ll be stopping on the way!

Comments

UM, SCUSE ME, Miss Reporter-Career-Lady! Oh, wait…that’s MRS. Reporter-Career-Lady now! Congratulations on such an exciting change! It’s very brave of you to move across the country!

The good news is that you happen to have quite a few Maryland-ers who are reading your blog, and I suspect that if you were staying in Columbia while you were here scoping out places to live, then you will be living between 5-10 minutes from me. =) I mean…not that I’m adopting you as my friend already or anything (lol), but just know that if you need anything, I’m always willing to help. I moved here from NY 12 years ago, so I know how hard it can be transitioning to a new area.

joggerslife@gmail.com , lemme know if you need anything! =) And, congrats again!

Oh, and there’s a hippie store down the street from my house. I walk there at least once a week. =) It’s like 4 stores down from the dress show that I walk by and drool over wedding dresses. lol. It’s mostly tie-dye and incense though. Not necessarily the hippie items that I would purchase (granola, etc…). But, there are plenty of places that sell granola and tree-hugger friendly things.

3. Gina says

Yay for Maryland! I live in PA, but work in Baltimore. Wow, good luck with moving and finding a house, and congrats! If you want to run a marathon or half marathon to ease the stress, October 10 is the Baltimore Running Festival, I’ll be running the Half :-)
    Congrats again!!

4. Christy says

Congratulations! That is truly inspiring to see someone go after their dreams despite it being scary. Good luck!

5. aden says

OMG , thats the exact same scenario that happened to me i moved from CA to MD granted i was 10 , but i still remember the first time i saw snow and had to wear a big jacket . i know you’ll love maryland i did!

6. Melissa says

Congrats!! I live in DC/ go to college in MA. I don’t know what part of MD you are moving too but if its near DC I would LOVE to meet you Ms.Reporter Runner!

7. Cati says

Congrats on the move! I too just moved from So Cal to the east coast a few months ago! Don’t worry you can always move back, at least you have to try!

My boyfriend and I, and our 2 dogs made the cross country drive out here….it was the best experience! Congrats again and enjoy it!

congratulations! way to live the dream. I am moving from northern va to philly on thursday and i can’t even imagine moving across country! thats awesome that you get to love what you do for a living. not many people can say that.