Read/Walk and the Weirdest Dinner

I didn’t take a picture of the temperature at work today, but you’re going to have to take my word for it that it was 91 degrees. WTF. I always joke that I wish I was a lizard that could just lay on a rock in the sun all day, but this is too much.

I welcomed the walk home today since it was cooler outside than in my office! And today I brought along reading material. I’ve decided to start from the beginning of Intuitive Eating. When I first discovered the book/RD/lifestyle I was at the height of planning a wedding/shopping for a condo/finding a new job/starting a whole new life! I really really wanted to follow Intuitive Eating, but my life was so chaotic it was very hard for me to break all my old bad habits and start fresh. But, now I am at a better place mentally and really think I should take it from the top. So, the walk home flew by with my book.

Intuitive Eating Challenge – I am actually going to start an Intuitive Eating Challenge with myself and document it here. Beginning Monday, Each week I will take one of the principles of Intuitive Eating and work on that one. I’ll explain what the book says it is and what that actually means to me. I know it’s a long process to find your Intuitive Eater, but I’m hoping one week for each principle will lay a good foundation icon smile Read/Walk and the Weirdest Dinner

I had the weirdest dinner tonight…it all started when I got home from work around 5:15pm and was hungry. So, I ate some random snacks like cherries (these used to be cherries), a handful of chips, trail mix and other random stuff.dscn0739 Read/Walk and the Weirdest Dinner

I was super pissed at myself, until I realized that I was hungry and I should have had a good snack instead of random snacking. I always over-do-it with snacking in the kitchen! But, I couldn’t eat this emergency stash granola bar at work because the f-ing heat melted it! Read/Walk and the Weirdest Dinner

When it came time for dinner I considered eating cereal or a salad, but I figured I needed protein after a day of carby snacking. The only protein that sounded good was deviled eggs…and I had it with my leftover Thai food from last night.dscn0743 Read/Walk and the Weirdest Dinner

But, earlier today I got hungry around 10:30am for lunch. I was reluctant to have a snack for some reason (I didn’t think I should have been hungry), but I caved and ate my fruit.dscn0734 Read/Walk and the Weirdest Dinner

Lunch was a “Salad Sandwich”. I stuffed hummus, tomatoes, spinach and pickles between two slices of bread. I would have put more veggies, but cutting and cleaning them was not in the cards.dscn0721 Read/Walk and the Weirdest Dinner

I also had yogurt and cereal…dscn0736 Read/Walk and the Weirdest Dinner

Oh, and I was very happy to find a kiwi at work that I forgot about icon smile Read/Walk and the Weirdest Dinner dscn0737 Read/Walk and the Weirdest Dinner

I really wanted ice cream for dessert so I made banana soft serve and topped it with chocolate and cereals icon smile Read/Walk and the Weirdest Dinner dscn0746 Read/Walk and the Weirdest Dinner

I’m wrapping up my Disney Marathon Training tonight so that should be posted soon.

Question: Is anyone out there training for a race???

Ben’s Random Comment of the Day:

Ben: “Stop quoting me on the blog!”

pin it button Read/Walk and the Weirdest Dinner

Comments

LOVE your blog. I read it religously everyday. Currently i am training for the Air Force Marathon.
    Reading your blog makes me want to eat more….LOL. Keep up what you are doing and take care of you. Cant wait to hear about your DM training.

i’m not signed up for any races yet but i’m 99.99% sure i’m running a half on labor day. i’m training like i am at least despite not having plunked down the $$ yet for it. can you post how you made the banana soft serve? it’s prolly something really easy and i’ll be like, “d’oh!” haha

Love your blog! I’m training for my first marathon on 10/11 in Victoria Canada. This will be my first race race ever besides, fun runs :) It was actually my New Years resolution, and probably the first one I’ve ever stuck to.

Yep! I’m training for the Ft. Lauderdale 13.1 in November “Because 13.1 isn’t half of anything!” (See their website) way cool! I’m excited for this one because it was the race I signed up for the day I quit smoking and decided I wanted to be a runner. I will see my progress from a year of training and no smoking. I can’t wait to PR!! It will be my 4th half (almost 5th as I ran legs 3 and 4 of a marathon relay which was 12.2). In January I will be running my first Marathon- the Miami ING. I’m supa psyched! I will be raising funds for autoimmune disorders research as they run in the fam.

I’m starting to train for my first 10K. I’ve run several 5K’s pre and post back surgery and even a 5 mile and 4 mile race. Now I need a new challenge to keep me pushing forward. I hope to run a 10K this fall.

BTW I love looking at your food because you eat like I do. Just real food mostly and not lots of specialty stuff.

Ugh I hate it when I snack too much and it ruins my appetite for dinner. We have pretty late dinners, sometimes at 9 or 10 so I’m usually hungry during normal dinner hours like 6 so I end up snacking way too much and spoiling my appetite for a good dinner. I usually hit the gym or go running just to get my appetite going again and I’m fine for dinner.
    I’m training for Long Beach Marathon in October and Walt Disney as well in January

7. sydneybristow2009 says

Monica – YES ! I am “training” for the America’s Finest City” (San Diego) half marathon … which is on Sunday. So at this point, my training is or had better be over, but I will begin training for the Carlsbad Half Marathon in November – that run is January 24th.

You will LOVE Disney !! I think I said that here once before. But it is SO fun !

I’m running a the Nike Women’s 1/2 Marathon on October 18. I’m a bit nervous since it’s my first long distance and prior to a few months ago, I couldn’t run more than 1 mile without stopping. My race training is: Mon-Cardio/Strength, Tue-Speed, Wed-Rest, Thurs-Easy Run, Fri-Rest, Sat-Long run and Sun-Cardio/Strength. So far I start off the week really determined and get tired as it goes on. But I’m starting to enter crunch time so no more fooling around! Glad to hear you’re liking the east coast Monica!