Weight-loss Lesson #1

Weight-loss Lesson #1: Don’t shop hungry! Because if you do you might end up buying dark chocolate Chex mix and eating half the bag on the way home. And then trying some in a cup with milk – yes I went there.IMG 2325 225x300 Weight loss Lesson #1

If you shop hungry you might also buy honey mustard pretzels and rip open the bag because that’s the only way to do it while driving. Just to “try a few”, rrrrright.IMG 2326 225x300 Weight loss Lesson #1

So, the lesson for today is…don’t shop hungry, but if you do, don’t buy two bags of treats. Pick one and get it the hell together before you decide it’s a good idea to eat chocolate covered Chex as cereal. You will regret it later, trust me.

Lunch – There was a salad bar in the building where I had my fancy DC meeting today. I was so happy, I almost wanted to talk to my fellow salad bar visitors about how much I love salad bars, but I contained myself.IMG 2316 300x225 Weight loss Lesson #1

I didn’t even realize but I grabbed a fried okra in the mix too! Life changing. This was my first try ever at okra and I’m in love!IMG 2317 300x225 Weight loss Lesson #1

Then, I came home and ate PB on bread with chocolate chips because I convinced myself I could lie to you all and say that it was a girly craving or something, but if I’m being honest I’m just out of control sometimes.IMG 2323 300x225 Weight loss Lesson #1The Maryland/DC Fall trees are a very different sight from the California commute I am used to! IMG 2319 300x225 Weight loss Lesson #1

See ya later icon smile Weight loss Lesson #1

Comments

I love how honest you are! hang in there and use it as a learning experience. Also, think of how much worse it could me. You could have eaten the whole bag!! or both!!

I shopped hungry tonight too. I bought white chocolate wonderful peanut butter and ate it with my finger on the ride home. I was thisclose to snagging a spoon from the salad bar but thought that would be piggie. Um no, that would’ve been classy. I am the definition of oink.

Technically, chex is cereal so aint no shame in eating it as such ;)

That Chex mix looks so good! I have a slight problem with chocolate (or yogurt or whatever) covered pretzel things. I did the “hungry shopping” the other day and well, I think a “no eating in the car” needs to be instituted ASAP.

I agree, thanks for being so honest about this on your blog. I could never be so open…and I fully 100% know what you mean by, “I could lie to you all and say that it was a girly craving or something, but if I’m being honest I’m just out of control sometimes”

I’ll be up in d.c. tomorrow! I’m going shopping with my sisters and mom up at tyson’s square! Yes, never go shopping hungry. It leads to very bad things!

5. Ashley says

#1 reason you are my absolute favorite blogger: your honesty. Second, your frickin hilarious. You make me feel NORMAL for being snacky or out of control around food sometimes. But btw, you totally made me crave chocolate chex mix now… I don’t think it was such a bad idea ;-)

6. Alisa says

Love ur honesty monica. I had the same story today. Went for a 7 mile run then ate 2 giant muffins + cookie + granola. I can relate. I think its all the running on an empty stomach = crazy cravings. I love ur blog bc u GET this!

7. Jac says

Fried okra is a beautiful thing. I’m also fond of fried squash – yet another southern delicacy. We southerners know what we’er doing ;).

I’m a relatively new reader of your blog, and I just wanted to say that I appreciate your humor, honesty, and “realness.” I too have days where I just want to put tasty food in my mouth regardless of whether I’m actually hungry. Thanks for sharing your journey!