Cottage Cheese Stuffed Shells

Ever since I bought a HUGE tub of cottage cheese from Costco I have been looking for a recipe to use a lot of ‘em! I decided to make stuffed shells, but switch ricotta for cottage cheese. You could tell the difference, but they still turned out yummy! I don’t like following recipes, so I basically mixed up cc, seasonings, egg and cheese for the inside. Then, topped it with sauce and cheese.IMG 2330 300x225 Cottage Cheese Stuffed Shells

Served on a bed of spinach. I also stole half of Ben’s ww toast with butter icon smile Cottage Cheese Stuffed Shells IMG 2333 300x225 Cottage Cheese Stuffed Shells

I “RT-ed” this on Twitter today, but also wanted to link to it. FitBottomedGirls say B.E.D (Binge Eating Disorder) is now American’s #1 eating disorder. This is something I am all too familar with. The fact that some people have commented on my blog “just stop snacking/eating” obviously don’t get it, which I totally understand. Unless you have experienced it, BED (or any eating disorder for that matter) is very hard to relate to.

I am a lot better now (which should be obvious from reading this blog, I hope) but it’s something I went to therapy for and still struggle with all the time.

Comments

I can totally tell you have made huge progress in intuitive eating. I look to you for inspiration on my little journey.

And like the article says, BED is not about the food, it’s about so much more than that.

It does seem THAT SIMPLE from the outside. but it is oh so much more complex. Anyone who doesn’t understand should read that new book out “goodbye ED, Hello me” It does a great job of explaining the real thinking! I loved it! Keep up the great work monica!

3. Stephanie says

I’d like to write something more eloquent later, but for now: you are so right. I LOVE that you are one of the only healthy eating/lifestyle blogs out there presenting a different perspective. There are many of us out here grappling with the same issues, and we appreciate you giving a voice to them!

Just stop eating?? Why, I never even thought of that! Weight problem solved!
    /endsarcasm

I agree completely that it’s hard to understand BED — or even overeating at all — when you haven’t experienced it. Kudos to you for doing such a great job at maintaining a healthy lifestyle!! It definitely shows :)

I hadn’t ever heard of BED before, but I think, after reading about it, it’s something I’ve been dealing with for a while.

Thank you so, so much for posting this!

I couldn’t agree more with everyone else. People often don’t think about their comments or how they can affect someone. It’s often also a general opinion that when you have an eating disorder you just want to lose weight. It’s so much more than that! I struggled with ED as well and feel hurt when people think it’s something easy to deal with.
    You’re doing a fantastic job and you can’t change who you are from one day to the next.
    Ignore those stupid comments, those people really know nothing about eating disorders.

It’s difficult for people to understand if they haven’t experienced it and I do understand that. Eating seems like it should be the most natural thing! But here is so much more to eating than physical hunger. It’s a psychological hunger and I know it well. Fortunately, I have conquered the binging, for the most part, but the oversnacking is still there.

I totally understand BED, and it sucks. Luckily for me, this week has been good, but last week with all the stress of school, it was terrible. It’s weird, for me, I feel like it turns on and off at random times. Why can’t I just be normal all the time?! Eh such is life… Shells look delicious!

oh costco and the stress it brings finding new dishes with the food :)

and i want to say youre amazing and strong! just ignore all those nay-sayers because in the end their words do not matter one bit!

10. Sam says

Have you ever made crock pot lasagna? I got the recipe from some Weight Watchers person & it is made with cottage cheese. Yum.