Back on Track

After a week while of indulging I am very frustrated with myself. I am constantly eating things I shouldn’t be — not because they are “Forbidden Foods” (I have released all foods to be allowed) but because I am eating because I’m tired, lonely, bored or out of habit. I really want to get back on track with the Intuitive Eating.

So, like Caitlin’s Back on Track, I wrote out the things I have been doing wrong and what my goals are.

The Bad Habits:

• Night time eating
  • Kitchen Snacking
  • Too much diet soda
  • Too many treats

The Goals:

• Listen to my Hunger = only eat when hungry, stop when I’m full (Intuitive Eating)
  • Close the kitchen after dinner (to break the habit)
  • Plate food and sit down to eat
  • 3 full bottles of water every day (I also drink seltzer, juice, vodka – which is allowed in addition to the water)

Writing goals out makes it so much easier to hold yourself accountable.I am going to concentrate on these goals until Dec. 16th and will then re-evaluate them and decide on adding to these goals or making new goals.

This morning I started my new Back on Track day with a 6 mile run and a great breakfast of cereals, cottage cheese, trail mix, banana and soy milk.IMG 2461 300x225 Back on Track

This trail mix doesn’t have chocolate chips, and that is for the best icon smile Back on Track IMG 2463 300x225 Back on Track

I also had some Amazing Grass this morning when I got to work. I have a container of this stuff I brought all the way from California, but never opened! I will be drinking this everyday until it’s gone. If I feel better, I will buy more. I have to admit that I feel great today!IMG 2465 300x225 Back on Track

Lunch was 3rd grade style – PB&J, apple and cheese stick. It was exactly what I wanted (minus carrots though) and that makes me happy and satisfied. IMG 2466 300x225 Back on Track

***Breaking News Update: I got let go from my job after lunch. Boo. I’m sad, but it’s probably for the best. Now that I don’t feel like I have to be loyal to my boss I can say the reason I couldn’t go to the FoodBuzz Festival was because my paycheck was over three weeks late. That just isn’t right.

He already told me my next check was going to be late too. The not knowing if you’re going to be paid is super stressful, so now I can at least look for something a little more professional. Thank you so much for the support on twitter. I appreciate it icon smile Back on Track ***

I took this post-it off my desk as I packed my things:

IMG 2468 300x225 Back on Track

Comments

1. Megan says

Years ago, I worked for a company where my paycheck was often late and also often bounced… They eventually went under. Everything happens for a reason and every step you take in life is a step in the right direction towards where you are supposed to be. Keep your spirits up Monica!

Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear (read?) that, it sounds like it wasn’t the best job though. Hope you find something you love!!

Trail mix w/o choc chips is definitely for the better.

3. Christy says

Sorry to hear about your job! But have faith that something better is around the corner. Maybe you can come back to California now? ;p

Wow dude, three weeks late? That’s so not right. I’m sorry to hear this but obviously it’s for the better. And as they say, everything happens for a reason.

I love the note you left on your desk.

I’m sorry about your job. :-( It sounds like it’s for the best though… Take care of yourself in this time and I’m sending happy job vibes in to the Universe for you. :-)

I’m so sorry to hear about your job! I know how tough that is. I was laid off from my job in Feb and it was awful at first (in fact I laid in bed and cried for about two weeks straight). In the end, I realized I was miserable in my old job and my new job has made me so muh happier.

I know I hated all of the “Dont worry it will work out” comments. So I’ll refrain from that…but I’ll be keeping up the hope that you’ll find rewarding employment with a reliable paycheck!

7. Brooke says

I’m so sorry to hear about your job, but it WILL be for the best. I honestly know how lame that sounds right now, but it really is true. I was let go from a job almost a year ago and am now in a job a LOVE! Don’t get me wrong, it was a long process to find it and I went up and down emotionally, but at the end of the day, it was for the best and I’m in a much better place now for it. YOU WILL GET PAST THIS and be BETTER FOR IT! Go get em’ girl!

8. Erica H. says

I work in journalism too — I feel you! I deal with the same situation right now. My paycheck is also currently still late . I only have to keep this job for another month, but it’s getting tight! Isn’t that frustrating? Anyway don’t give up on journalism. I have faith! We will find good jobs!

9. kathy says

Bummer about the job- it seems like it’s going to be for the best though. Not getting paid in a timely manner is a huge no-no! I had a job where my paycheck bounced 11 times. Yep. 11. After the 11th time I realized I was too important to myself to be a doormat. Too bad it took 11 times! Glad you made it out unscathed! Love the successful set-backs quote!

Sorry to hear about your job. It sounds like they didn’t treat their employees too great to begin with so it’s probably for the best. And good luck getting back on track! Just keep it strong and go into the marathon with positive thoughts and feelings

i’m so sorry to hear that youve been let go! it seems like youre being positive and looking at this as an opportunity.

and i love how youre reevaluating your eating to get back on track. i think it’s so great because too many ppl just stay off track once it happens.

I’m so sorry about your job!! It sounds like it was definitely for the best; when you have a job you certainly shouldn’t have to worry about when your next paycheck will come!

Onward to bigger and better things! Are you planning on staying on the east coast?

13. Stephanie says

I am so upset for you right now! I agree that it doesn’t sound like they treated their employees very well, but it still sucks to have decisions made FOR you, instead of on your own terms.

Especially after you just relocated across the county!! Grrrr to them! :(

14. adriana says

Hi. THis is my first time reading your blog and i just felt compelled to say something about your late paychecks. It SUCKS to be in job where you never know when you will have your money. I had a job where not only were our paychecks consistently late, sometimes they would bounce. Twice, I deposited and overdrew thanks to no funds on the accounts the checks were from. When I was let go, I was sad for a few days since you can’t help but take it a bit personal but once I found a job where regular checks were the norm I felt so stress free. I hope you find a way to make a living that you like!

I’m sorry to hear you were let go! But I think everything happens for a reason. Maybe that wasn’t the right place for you, but I’m sure all will turn out well!

I made some back on track goals for myself too. I have them posted on my desk in my room so I see them when I wake up each morning.

Looks like you have a fresh start! Everything will be great!

You always have such a positive attitude! I really hope this layoff is a blessing in disguise and it sounds like it will be. Good luck finding a job you really love and sticking with your back on track goals!

Nice way to get back on track, that breakfast looks wonderful! If only I could lock the kitchen after dinner, I have to confess some evenings I grab something sweet after dinner :)
    So sorry to hear about your job and I hope that you can find something more reliable and safe. That is just so nerve wracking. What a great quote, I need to write that one down :)

Oh wow. This is gross on so many levels, but mostly because you weren’t getting paid on time! You’ll find a better opportunity, don’t worry. I’m sure that you ARE worried, but you’re a level-headed chick, and there’s a better fit out there for you.

I’m so with you on the snacking mindlessly and eating things I shouldn’t. It’s a never ending cycle but we need to set ourselves up for success rather than failure. You are doing great! You have tons of good habits too so don’t dismiss them sister!

I’m very sorry about your setback, but I always say everything happens for a reason. You will find something you enjoy that more reliable, I’m sure of it. :-)

Good luck with the back on track! You have some good goals set!

I love that you included vodka :)
    That is totally ridiculous that you weren’t getting paid on schedule. My mom had a boss that was like that. Kind of just, you’ll get it when you get it. Not working there anymore is most definitely for the best.
    Good luck on getting back on track and on finding a new job that pays on time!

omg! seriously, three weeks late?!?! ridiculous!

so sorry about everything, I can’t imagine what you are going through.

on a better note, I love your “back on track” goals – I’m going to try and join you on this. You should start a blog “get on track” movement.

I was very encouraged to find this site. The reason being that this is such an informative post. I wanted to thank you for this detailed analysis of the subject. I ate every bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of Back on Track | Run Eat Repeat . Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.

Just wish to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is just spectacular and i could assume youre an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.

This web site is de facto attention-grabbing i’m craving for is there the other examples? but anyway many thanks pretty much as a result of I found that i was looking for.

This web site is absolutely attention-grabbing i am yearning for is there the other examples? but anyway thank you substantially as a result of I found that i was probing for.