Twenty is More Than Plenty

I did it, I completed 20 miles today. BUT – I walked a lot in the last 5 miles or so. I basically walked all hills and at that point I didn’t care.

Well, actually I did care when I would see other runners coming towards me. I wanted to say, “I’ve already ran 15 miles, and I have 5 more to go. Don’t judge me for walking…”

My stats: 20 miles – 3:18:41

This stats are not good because I realized I am the shittiest pacer. This pace averages to just under 10 minute miles, but my last few miles were close to 12 minute miles. So, I start out way too fast and just get slower icon sad Twenty is More Than Plenty I am not happy with my pacing problems and it’s a reoccurring issue in my long runs.

When I got back I took a quick dip in cold water and then refueled on some nuts and cereal straight out of the box. Then, I convinced Ben to take me to Panera since I’ve been craving it forever!

I started with the Gingerbread bagel with Hazelnut Cream Cheese. It was good, but didn’t change my life. I shared with Ben of course icon smile Twenty is More Than Plentypanera bagel 300x225 Twenty is More Than Plenty

I got the Pick Two with the Fuji Apple (no Chicken) salad and Black Bean soup. Ummmm, the “Apple” in the salad was apple chips – WTF?! I’ve had this before and it’s had real apple chunks – is this a MD thing or a tragic mistake? I will give Panera another chance since I love it so much, but they better give me less dressing and more apple next time.panera 300x225 Twenty is More Than PlentyFor my first marathon I topped out my long runs at 19 miles. I looked back and that run only took me 3:00:19! I need to get my groove back!

Comments

1. Stephanie says

You should only feel proud– 20 miles is amazing! Also, you may have been a bit “off” since you had a crazy weekend with your family, fixing dinner, etc. That stuff is tiring!!

I love Panera’s black bean soup and chicken noodle soup. I got the BBQ chicken salad recently and it was really good, but they also overdid the dressing. I’ll have to remember to ask for it on the side next time.

i’m glad you replenished after that AWESOME run :) & i wanted to try the gingerbread bagel..it sounded awesomee. i love panera most of the time, but i’m sorry you were disappointed iwth the salad!

That’s Ok, at the end of the day you still went 20 miles and if pacing’s you’re only problem you’ll do fine fixing that!
    I think I got that salad and got apple chips in it. I haven’t had much panera since

5. Audrey says

Awesome job with the run, the most I’ve ever ran is a half so that great. I get that salad and it’s always apple chips, I think it says that on the menu. Thats the reason I love that salad so much, (because you can pretend to be healthy while the apple chips make it taste like dessert! heh)

6. Kathryn says

Great job with the run!!! truly inspirational!!

After hearing you talk about it I got some Amazing Grass this weekend..delicious! we’ll see how it affects my energy levels

and the fugi apple salad here always has chips…fresh apples would be even more delicious!