It Clicked!

I don’t know how or when exactly, but I feel like this whole intuitive eating thing has finally “clicked” for me. My system was so “off” for so long it took awhile for me to get to know my hunger signals. Yesterday I realized (more than once) when I was hungry and full. I know new born babies know when they’re hungry and it’s not that impressive, but I’m happy to be able to listen to my body now icon smile It Clicked!

This morning I went for a 6.5 miler. I meant to do 8, but took a different way home and it was shorter than I thought. It’s for the best because I’m still coughing up a lung.

Can you see the pink mark my sun glasses leave on my nose? Jacked up.IMG 4177 400x300 It Clicked!

Before my run I had half an english muffin with PB. I want to keep the habit of eating something before I run on the weekends so my body stays used to it.IMG 4172 400x300 It Clicked!

During my run I had one breakfast on my mind – pancakes! I made them with egg beaters, oats, ww flour, vanilla, baking soda and cinnamon. Super Yum Time!IMG 4183 400x300 It Clicked!

I tried to “melt” the PB in the microwave to make it easier to spread – but it burned?! I guess this since this Naturally More PB has egg whites and junk you can’t do that. I had a little ball of charcoal in the middle of the lump of PB after 45 seconds in the microwave (and we have a weak micro). IMG 4186 400x300 It Clicked!

I didn’t realize until I dumped it on top of my pancakes that it was burned in the middle. It crumbled the ash on my ‘cakes!IMG 4181 400x300 It Clicked!Now I’m enjoying cherries (and spitting the seeds back in the container)…IMG 4189 400x300 It Clicked!

and picking out baby names. No, we’re not trying to have a baby, but Ben and I were watching “I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant” and thought it would be horrible to have a baby unexpectedly and then give it a bad name. So, we are preparing. You better think of names too…you might not know you’re pregnant! Apparently it happens more than I realized…

Ben’s Random Thought of the Day:

Ben says he’s feeling sick now too. He said it sucks being married to a marathoner because he can’t complain. Every time he feels ‘ache-y’, I can say, “Oh yeah, I felt like that too. Then, I ran 26 miles…”

Me: I’m not like that, but I think it’s cool he thinks running a mary is so hardcore icon smile It Clicked!

pin it button It Clicked!

Comments

I’m glad you feel like IE has clicked. Very cool!
    I never thought of baby names before, but I guess I should in case I end up on the toilet and push out a baby hahaha! That show is out of control!

2. Ashley C says

Yay I’m glad it’s clicking for you! For me, it’s a lot harder to feel full than it is hungry. I feel hungry a lot. I am doing better too, with the exception of last night when a whole bag of chips was sitting next to me and then became empty :-/ Keep up the good work though

I had to laugh out loud at “you might not know you’re pregnant!” That show is crazy! Care to share your baby names?

Go you for getting out there and going for a run despite still being sick. You rock!

I have baby names picked out too and I’m not planning on being knocked up for a long while!

Congrats on the ie success, it is a big deal, babies are just ahead of the learning curve :)

Congrats on the eating!! That’s awesome!
    Haha I don’t even have a partner but I’ve had baby names picked out for about 4 years :P AND i don’t even want children!! Preperation is key :D
    Burnt PB!? I didn’t know that was even possible – I learn something new from your blog every day….

I really think that it is NOT a good idea to go running when you are sick! You could end up with some really bad complications (heart). I myself got a bad bronchitis and in the end I could not fight it for one and a half MONTH! And of course I had to pause running for the whole time! And I can tell you it was not worth it!
    I am so proud of you running this marathon and I don’t want to see you really ill!

Oh goodness! Being pregnant is my worst fear! Today I fainted (long story…) and my mom asked me if I was pregnant… awkward…

I don’t really want children any time soon but it’s always fun to have names picked out :) I know I’ve got a few up my sleeve.

yay for the intuitive eating finally clicking! I’m feeling almost the same way…almost there and so close!

and i’ve watched that show, i didn’t know i was pregnant. almost seems ridiculous to me for that to happen…and i’ve already got names picked out: conner and emiko. :D One step ahead of the game.

Whoa do I love that show! My daughters and I watch it and we are amazed! My oldest (19) is “active” so it shows her that you can never be too careful!!
    Glad the food is clicking–I’m getting there as well, most of the time. It just takes practice to really listen to your body!
    And yeah…you are hardcore, girl!

“I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant” is something I’ve actually worried about before. I know it’s pretty rare, but it would definitely be major on the ‘freak out’ scale for me.

Also, I’m with you on getting better at the intuitive eating thing. I think I’m almost at the point where I know when I’m hungry enough for a meal. It’s a work in progress. But mindless eating is something I’m conscious of (in a way). So if i find myself doing this, i cutback on the other meals.

We had huge name issues. Our original was taken by lots of baby boys in the neighborhood and then we began to disagree on names. I realize now that I should have let him do the naming. On another note, I love your response to Ben’s complaining lol

My husband and I play a game with baby names that we don’t like…we hear a name and will say “put that on the list!” (meaning, no way in hell are we naming our child that!). I haven’t seen that show. Sounds unbelievable!