Two Miles

This morning’s run was a major fail. First, it started to sprinkle as soon as I was ready to leave and then my knee started to hurt around 1.35 miles and I stopped running at two miles. Boo. It pretty much stops hurting as soon as I stopped running so I walked home fine.

The only reason I went on a run at all was because I wanted to see if my knee would hold up to the half mary this weekend. It looks like I am going to bow out because I really don’t want to make it worse. I am going stick with anti-inflams, icing and get a foam roller asap! I am also not going to run again until Wednesday. Wish my knee luck!

I’m smiling because, despite the rain, this weather is amazing compared to MD. It was 55 degrees this morning, normally I’d think that was cold – not anymore!IMG 5051 400x300 Two Miles

I was craving eggs for breakfast and made an egg white scramble with onions, broccoli and cheese. Plus a Perfect 10 bagel on the side. Although I don’t think there is anything wrong with egg yolks,  would rather have some cheese on the egg whites then use the whole egg.IMG 5054 400x300 Two Miles

Now I’m chomping on grapes and hoping to convince someone to take a walk with me.

IMG 5057 400x300 Two MilesWhere to next?

Right now it is…

33 and snowing in Columbia, MD

vs.

56 and raining in Pico, CA (where my fam is from)

vs.

74 and cloudy in Englewood, FL (where Ben’s fam is from)

While it is up to fate and where we get jobs to determine where we are moving next, weather is a big factor in where we’re leaning! In CA’s defense – it’s an El Nino year!

pin it button Two Miles

Comments

1. Rachel says

hey monica! i had it band issues for a while, so i wanted to share what worked for me: stretching, ice and foam rolling. I did stretches for the it band from runner’s world and held them for 30 seconds and did them 3x through each day- it made all the difference!

2. Caroline says

I might be biased, but I went to high school in Sarasota, which is right around Englewood, so I say Florida over anywhere else!

Bummer about the knee, but it means instead of running for two hours, you’ll have two hours to chill with the fam!!
    FL is too humid, you’d hate it.

I’d give anything to be in Florida or California right now. I’m outside of DC and gearing up for boat loads of snow. My husband left for a work thing in Georgia this morning. How convenient.
    Sorry your knee is giving you problems. Hopefully rest, ice and stretching will do the trick.

I’m sorry about your knee and that you’ll miss the race. It sounds like a smart decision though. That’s what I love about you, you listen to your body and don’t push it or deprive yourself of foods you love. I think you’re such a breathe of fresh air in the blog world. I hope the rest of your trip is fabulous!

It seems so unfair that when you move to Maryland, there are all these major snowstorms and snowapocolypses happening all around us. It’s been the worst year I’ve been here in terms of snow, by far!

7. Kellie says

Sorry you came for the cold weather. I am in Costa Mesa and am freezing. I guess I would never survive in MD. I bowed out of HB this weekend because of an injury too.

8. Alyssa says

And at 9pm it is a whiteout in Baltimore so enjoy your beautiful weather! I am also suffering from runners knee and “the sky is falling” is the perfect description of how I feel too! To look on the bright side it perfectly coincided with the blizzard….I hope we both feel better soon! Have a great weekend.

9. Ashley says

I was thinking about you when it was raining today- I wanted it to be good weather for you, but I’m glad you’re still enjoying the “warmer” weather hehe. And I think you made a really good choice about skipping the half marathon- as much as I know it sucks, it’s better than not being able to run at all and making it worse. Good choice and enjoy the rest of your time in CA– hope fate picks CA, but I’m biased ;-)

Your breakfast looks great! I agree – I would rather have some cheese than waste calories on yolks. I love cheese.

If it makes you feel any better, it’s probably about 28 degrees here where I am in Alberta, Canada … it’s going to get a lot colder, too!

K

I needed to compose you the little note in order to say thanks yet again for the gorgeous solutions you’ve featured in this case. It was quite extremely generous of you to convey without restraint precisely what many people might have sold as an ebook to help with making some cash for themselves, principally given that you could possibly have tried it if you ever wanted. These guidelines in addition acted as the good way to be aware that the rest have similar zeal just as my personal own to see many more with regard to this issue. I believe there are several more pleasurable situations in the future for many who read through your blog.

With havin so much content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright violation? My blog has a lot of exclusive content I’ve either created myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my agreement. Do you know any methods to help prevent content from being ripped off? I’d really appreciate it.

There are many interesting points in time in this article on the other hand don‘t determine I see all of them center to heart. There is certainly some validity however i will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Piece of content , thanks so we want more! Combined with FeedBurner too