Making the Best

I feel like such a complainer about the cold weather in MD, but getting back here today I realized it’s just not for me. And that’s okay. The reality is I am not happy with my current situation and I am working on changing it. But, I can’t change it over night (there’s the whole new job, new home thing) so until then, I will stop complaining and make the best of it! I can say at least say it’s been a very wild ride here icon smile Making the Best

This was the scene when we got to my car are the airport… It’s crazy!!!IMG 5189 300x400 Making the Best

I found the best oatmeal at the Detroit airport. It was from Coffeee Bean and Tea Leaf. I actually watched as the barista put instant steel cut oats in a pan and cooked them up. Then, fil the cup with blueberries on the bottom, the oats, blueberries on top, banana and granola. I was very impressed.

And it was soooo good. If they offered this at a local Coffee Bean I would definitely take advantage.IMG 51841 400x300 Making the Best

I also got an iced americano – this day is going to require a lot of caffeine if I’m going to survive! Look at how big that oatmeal cup is – filled to the brim, just like I like it icon smile Making the BestIMG 5185 400x300 Making the Best

In stark contrast to my very healthy breakfast I had half a piece of Costco pizza for lunch and piece of cinnamon raisin toast. That is what happens when you’re shopping for groceries after only 2 and a half hours of sleep. I’m a mess.

And I’m not just a mess, I’m a crazy mess because since I was traveling with my foam roller and all…I decided to use it during our lay over.IMG 5167 400x300 Making the Best

Let me explain. Since our flight from Orange County to Detroit was pretty bare, I got a row to myself and laid out to sleep. I think I was in a weird position and it tweaked my knee worse than it already was icon sad Making the Best So, I wanted to stretch it out and at 4:45am, the airport was a dead zone. No one saw me, but Ben thought it was very weird. Okay, it is weird, but I never said I wasn’t.IMG 5171 400x300 Making the BestNow I need to thaw out my toes – the several trips to and from my car to bring in my bags and groceries meant drenched feet since the side walks here are still pretty much covered in snow.

I am really dragging since I didn’t really get much sleep last night and now am staring at unpacked luggage and a huge grocery haul that needs to be put away. I apologize, but if you’ve emailed me in the last day or so, I will get back to you tomorrow!

See you later icon smile Making the Best

Comments

I love that you pulled out the foam roller in the airport :)

Don’t apologize for complaining about the cold. That’s why I live in TX. It’s been 40 degrees and rainy for like 2 weeks and I’m going crazy here.

The only thing you can do is make the best of your situation. I commend your positve attitude. I was trying to tell myself that very same thing this weekend as I was shoveling my driveway. Sometimes life takes you to places that aren’t ideal, but one day you’ll look back on your time in MD and see it entirely different than you do now.
    That oatmeal in Detroit looks awesome. I’m glad you made it back safely!

I hate the cold weather too, but it makes you appreciate the warmer months! We’re supposed to get more snow tomorrow too :-(
    Glad you had a safe trip!

that definitely looks like a great airport breakfast! and way to roll out in the airport. major self-love (well that sounds dirty now that i write it out haha) :)

5. Lisa says

Sorry about the weather; I’ve lived in this area for 13 winters before and this is crazy unprecedented. But you aren’t alone. Everyone is depressed and cabin fever crazy. I wish you had a chance to experience more of the wonderful parts of the mid-Atlantic!

Though it is funny how different perspectives are…I was in LA last weekend and while I loved the warm weather, the area was just not me.

So I know you think you need to lose weight, and i can totally relate to not feeling comfortable in your own skin. I just still have to comment on how GORGEOUS you are and I would love to have your body/beauty. Im too underweight and where you are is where i want to be. embrace your beautiful figure!
    MA
    lilpauladean.wordpress.com

Interesting…I fly from LAX to Detroit at least twice a year to see my family, and it’s always jammed. Maybe I will try leaving from OC…

Isn’t the Detroit airport the best? I love Michigan.

xoxo

8. Ashley C says

That’s a good attitude. I grew up in AZ & CA most of my life and went to north carolina for two years and HATED the weather. I moved back because I didn’t like the weather that much!! Some love it, some hate it, but it for sure gave me a new appreciation for the great southern california weather and I try to remind myself everyday how happy and lucky I am to be back. I still think it’s a great learning experience and adventure to go somewhere new, but yeah, I’m definitely a warm-weather girl :-)

9. Kara says

Aww. I’m sorry about the weather. I grew up in the NE, but now live in NH. The coldness of the winter is sometimes hard for me to bear too, but I know I have to endure it for many reasons. Anyway, I love that you were foam rolling in the airport! I would totally do that.

Good for you for using your foam roller at the airport – I’m sure I would have been too chicken! And I love that bowl of oatmeal – it looks delicious!

Sorry about the cold, but I’m in Canada and it gets very cold where I am, so I’m used to it. It really is something you have to get used to and I am – in contrast, I doubt I could live somewhere really hot all the time.

K

Thank you for your whole labor on this site. Betty takes pleasure in doing research and its simple to grasp why. Most people know all about the powerful means you give functional guidelines on the web site and as well as improve response from others on that area of interest and our own girl is really learning so much. Take pleasure in the rest of the new year. Youre the one carrying out a superb job.

There were two co-ed teams from our club in this race. I ran the last (5th) leg for the Lovelies and Loafers, and our friendly rivals were the Broads and Brutes. As the race, with its big climbs and descents, progressed, the runners were getting widely separated. Minutes would pass between handovers. Kaptain Karen: I hope you can cope with running solo, Jim, Its hard to race when you cant see any other competitors. Teammate Anna: I try to see what pace I can manage. When I told her that my Polar watch does not give speed, only HR information, she strapped her Garmin onto my other wrist. OK, Push this to start. Pace shows here, time is here. Good luck! I was surprised at how heavy it was.