Super Market Craziness

Oh.My.Gosh. After my appointment this morning I had to hit up the super market because we’re out of eggs and Ben is some kind of “eggatarian”. I have never known anyone else that likes eggs as much as him. Good thing all these huevos are free since I won the Eggland’s Best contest a while back!

Anyways, back to the crazy super market. Apparently it is the Apocalypse because everyone is stocking up for some kind of disaster. The shelves were bare in some places and a mess in others! I was going to take a pic, but I know many markets have a weird rule about that (most of the time I ignore it, but I was trying to get out of the store with my sanity).

Before my appointment I had a yogurt and cereal bowl with greek yogurt, 1/2 banana, almond butter and cereals. It was so good!IMG 5195 400x300 Super Market Craziness

I also had a small piece of Ben’s french toast that I made him for breakie. I’m proud of the fact that I actually took a picture of it and didn’t let it go “forgotten”.IMG 5192 400x300 Super Market Craziness

When I got back from the craziness I was hungry, but wanted to work out. I decided to have an apple to hold me over. But, then the apple only made me hungrier.IMG 5198 400x300 Super Market Craziness

So, I just decided to eat lunch and put off working out for a little bit. I had – Veggie burger salad with hummus, 1/2 bagel thin with cream cheese and veggie straws. IMG 5197 400x300 Super Market Craziness

Yes! I found the bagel thins I’ve been searching for. I’m a little lot excited about this one! IMG 5200 400x300 Super Market Craziness

Ha! This time I bought the veggie crisps in individual packages so I wouldn’t eat them all in two days! Let’s see if this works since opening up a second package isn’t exactly rocket science icon wink Super Market Craziness IMG 5199 300x400 Super Market Craziness

In knee News: My knee really hurt yesterday and I didn’t run or anything. I think my body was just really tired and unhappy. I’m feeling a little better today, but still holding off on running. I think I’ll hit up the elliptical since I want to take it easy and read my mag anyways!

In Thanks News: Thank you all so much for your great comments lately. First on my knee and now with the PT thing. I read every single comment and it really does make my day and make me smile icon smile Super Market Craziness

In Health News:The First Lady is making a push for the US to end childhood obesity. Here is an interview with ABC where she talks about it.

But, talking to tween/teen girls about food, weight and health can be a fine line. You don’t want to set off a poor body image or potential eating disorder. Here are some tips posted on CNN.

pin it button Super Market Craziness

Comments

Ben and I can be best “egg” friends: I think I eat eggs six out of seven days for breakfast. If I don’t have them for breakfast, I usually have one somewhere along the line during the day. I just love savory oats and home made egg mcmuffin sandwiches!

So sorry that your knee is still bothering you. I’ve started running only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays to give my knees plenty of time to recover between runs and it’s definitely helping.

I ran today and I stretched TONS before. I usually only stretch for 5 mins before and 5 mins after but today I stretched for 15 before & after and then iced my knee for 15 minutes. (It’s a little time-consuming but I’m partially unemployed so I had the time today) I’m hoping this new method works for me!

I’m jealous you found bagel thins! I want to try those!

Luckily I’ve avoided going to the grocery but my mom went this morning and said you’d think we’d be stuck inside for WEEKS — no milk, no bananas, people with two completely full carts of food.

A little excessive, I think. ;)

I went to the store yesterday to pick up a few things and noticed lots of bare spots on the shelves. It was strange stuff though…like sour cream and bologna. LOL

It’s Snowpocalypse!
    I went out this morning to get a few necessary provisions (diet coke, greek yogurt, bananas and ice cream!) to hold us over until after the snow and it was pretty crazy at the store.
    Those bagel thins look tasty; I’ll have to be on the lookout for those in my store.
    I hope your knee starts to feel better soon. I know injuries can be very frustrating.

Your yogurt breakfast looks delicious! As does the french toast.

That’s awesome that you get free eggs. They’re a staple in our house, though I’ve started to buy egg whites in a carton because I’m always discarding the yolk.

Hope your knee feels better soon!

K

I’m a post late, but I wanted to congratulate you on your pt choice! I am always so inspired by your enthusiasm for exercise and it seems like it will be a great fit for you!

I am very behind in blog reading…congrats on the decision to become a certified trainer. You will be an aspiring role model to anyone you work with!

I’m glad the knee is starting to mend :)

I’ve become a born-again egg girl myself. ha ha. I would love to post more about what I eat- but I’m scared I would freak people out with all my “veggie scramble” creations! :)

I hope the knee gets better soon! It sucks to be on the DL…

I did hear from all my friends and family that they’re snowed in and stuff like that. O.o My younger cousins are happy about it, though. No classes. You know kids.

Anyway, that yogurt/cereal bowl looks super awesome. It’s a great comeback from the unhealthy, tired eating. In fact, all the food you had are all great comebacks. Which make me think that I should eat better starting from this moment. I’ve been eating a lot of garbage the past hours. Just because I was tired. =/

I bought my veggie straws at Costco and it was a variety box with the sea salt, rosemary and olive oil, and veggie chips. My fave is the Rosemary and Olive Oil! I bought the box like 2 months ago and we still have about 5 bags left!

I’m impressed, I need to say. Really rarely will i come across a blog that’s both educative and enjoyable, and let me tell you, you might have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is excellent; the thing is something which insufficient people are speaking wisely about. Now i’m happy that I stumbled across this with my seek something relating to this.

I found your weblog web site on google and check a number of of your early posts. Proceed to keep up the excellent operate. I simply additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to studying extra from you in a while!…

I’m also commenting to let you know what a superb encounter my cousin’s girl went through reading yuor web blog. She discovered lots of details, most notably how it is like to possess a very effective teaching style to have men and women easily gain knowledge of certain very confusing subject matter. You actually surpassed visitors’ expectations. Many thanks for giving such good, dependable, informative and in addition unique guidance on your topic to Julie.

I simply wished to thank you so much all over again. I do not know the things that I might have implemented in the absence of the type of suggestions revealed by you relating to this subject matter. This has been a very fearsome problem in my opinion, nevertheless taking a look at the specialised form you dealt with that made me to cry for delight. Now i am happier for the support and as well , hope you find out what an amazing job you have been carrying out training the mediocre ones through the use of your blog post. I’m certain you have never met all of us.

After study just a few of the blog posts in your web site now, and I actually like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website checklist and can be checking back soon. Pls try my website as well and let me know what you think.