White Out and Warm Up

It is a complete White Out here! I still haven’t made it to the gym icon sad White Out and Warm Up because I’m afraid to even step outside for one minute. If I decide to go, I’m going to have to put on all my snow clothes and boots and then strip down and change shoes once I get there. Boo. The snow is still coming down very hard and we have really really strong winds too.IMG 5221 400x300 White Out and Warm Up

Ben braved the snow for a few minutes to see if our luggage pod would work as a sled. He said it did, I was too chicken to get a closer look.IMG 5217 300x400 White Out and Warm Up

I heated up some soup for lunch to get warmed up. This is a Red Pepper and Tomato soup from Costco.IMG 5225 400x300 White Out and Warm Up

And I made a big salad with chickpeas and hummus. Love.IMG 5224 400x300 White Out and Warm Up

Sometime mid-morning I had cherries too. The diet Pepsi is part of my snowpocalypse preparedness stash. I am making every effort to make the cherries last at least a few days, but it’s hard when I’m locked in my apartment with them icon wink White Out and Warm Up IMG 5215 300x400 White Out and Warm UpBreathe – I’ve been traveling a lot these last few months. Here are some tips to stay on track.

Comments

get those boots on and hike over to the gym girl! I just walked about a half mile to my gym b/c there was no way I was getting in my car. Pittsburgh is experiencing quite a storm as well! Snow covered walks are actually much easier to walk on than slushy, icy, or melty ones.

mmmmmm cherries. i need to go buy some of those. and i totally stall too when the weather isn’t so nice out but youll feel so good after a gym session :)

LOL! The snowpocalypse emergency stash, huh?

I would say you should come to Canada to see what it’s really like, but it looks like you guys are getting our share of snow this year – we really haven’t gotten the amount we used to get! Not that I’m complaining. :-)

I say, have fun with it – if you’re moving, it wouldn’t hurt to try out the luggage pod!

K

I don’t think it’s that bad going to the gym in the snow. I’ve done it a lot of times already, but I wear my gym clothes and sweatshirt as usual then I just put on my huge down jacket over it and put on my snow boots. I put my gym shoes in a plastic bag and all I have to do is change my shoes there and stow my boots (in the plastic bag) and coat away in a cubby.
    I’m actually shocked at how not bad it is. I think half the battle is being mentally prepared. Just tell yourself it’ll be easy and it won’t be that bad :)

The very next time I read your blog post, Hopefully it doesnt disappoint me around this place. After all, I know it was my choice to read, however i actually thought youd have something interesting to convey. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something you could fix if you werent too busy seeking attention.

There are several interesting cut-off dates in the following paragraphs however don‘t know if I see all of them center to heart. There’s some validity but I will need hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner also

The difference in your argument is that those standardized tests you mention are ‘blind’ and indicate nothing of the testtakers’ race. Civil service exams like the firefighters one isn’t, is controlled by only a handful of people across the city, and can easily be reported to the graders.