It was a whole roasted feast with Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Roasted Chickpeas. I tossed the chickpeas in TJ’s teriyaki sauce mixed with red pepper flakes and soy sauce– perfect combo of sweet, salty and spicy.
Today I got this question and thought I’d answer it here since I’ve been asked this several times and it’s a good one:
I was wondering if you use any protein powder ever? I just went to the doctor for some tummy issues and she believes that I am taking in way too much fiber and not enough protein. She also says I should up the dairy. I am going to try to eat greek yogurt as much as I don’t like it… but I was wondering.. do you have any tips for more protein? Or is there any one kind of product (such as protein powder) you recommend?
My favorite ways to get protein are:
- Beans and rice (eaten together these foods make a complete protein)
– Greek yogurt or cottage cheese: If you don’t like Greek yogurt you can eat “regular” yogurt but add a big scoop of Greek yogurt or cottage cheese. This adds protein without having to eat it by itself. Also – you can add greek yogurt to smoothies!
Sometimes I eat cottage cheese with cereal instead of milk or yogurt. And Greek yogurt with lemon curd is amazing – try it that way!
– Tofu, veggie burgers: I know veggie burgers are processed, but they are easy and taste good!
– Eggs: You can eat eggs for breakfast, hard boiled eggs to salads, mix egg whites into oatmeal.
– Protein Powder: I do use protein powder occasionally, but usually only add it to smoothies if it’s for breakfast. You can also add it to oatmeal.
This afternoon I was hungry and made some trail mix to enjoy. This was my go-to snack when I was losing weight a few years ago…nuts, cereal, raisins. I really need to get to sleep early tonight – I’m really dragging today.
See you tomorrow.
Don't Miss the Good Stuff
Subscribe now to get the latest blogs, podcasts, recipes and more straight to your email!