Hot Sauce Love

I only discovered my love for hot sauce in the last two years. Even though I grew up in Pico Rivera (where there was an earthquake this morning!!!), in a Mexican household that was never short on salsa or Tapatio I always stayed away from anything remotely hot.

But now that I have opened up my world to hot sauce I can’t get enough! I currently have five different kinds of it in my cupboards. My current fave is this one: Ben and I are obsessed with it!hotsauce thumb Hot Sauce Love

While I am eating I put a little bit on each bite. Does anyone else do this? I really think we need another bottle of it since Ben and I just pass it back and forth while we’re eating. We need our own bottles of it icon smile Hot Sauce Love IMG 6293 thumb Hot Sauce Love

Hot sauce went great with the egg sandwich I made for breakfast. Someone recently asked if I eat eggs or egg beaters/egg whites. Lately I have been eating the Costco brand of egg whites since I bought a case of them. IMG 6290 thumb Hot Sauce Love

I do eat whole eggs too. I actually have been buying Eggland’s Best eggs since I won Tina’s contest before Christmas. I won a six month supply!!

But, Ben LOVES eggs and goes through them before I can eat more than one or two icon smile Hot Sauce Love He was more happy than I was when I won that contest.IMG 6295 thumb Hot Sauce Love

I decided to skip the gym this morning and just do my hip moves and take a walk. I thought it would save me some time since I have a bunch of tasks to complete today. Wrong! I’m running later than I would have if I’d have went to the gym. Boo.

Random Fact: My brother and his friends sing, “Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!!!” I thought it was from a real song of something, but I think they just made it up one night when they were drunk tired.

Question: Anyone else live in SoCal and feel the earthquake this morning?? Have you ever felt an earthquake?

Fun Fact #2: Last year there was a small earthquake while I was at work. I was in the middle of putting on make-up and talking to my friend, Adriel. When the earthquake started we kept talking then finally went under my desk because our manager was yelling at everyone to get under their desks. It wasn’t big enough for most of us native Californians to care!

I grabbed my make-up and kept applying it underneath the desk and we continued our conversation as if nothing was wrong icon smile Hot Sauce Love I miss Adriel…020 thumb Hot Sauce Love

Comments

1. Christy says

I love hot sauce on my egg sandwiches! They are not the same without it. I have TJ’s hot sauce right now, but I also love Cholula and Tapatio. I live in So Cal and there have been so many little earthquakes the past couple of weeks….makes me a bit nervous that we’re due for a big one!

i;ve only felt an earthquake once (east coaster here) and i didn’t know what the heck was going one! haha. apparently new england is long over due for a massive one. ugh.

The egg sammie looks good :)
    The very first time I was in CA, in fourth grade, there was an earthquake in the middle of the night! I remember the floor moving and stuff rolling around! I had an awesome story to tell when I got back.

I love cholula! it’s pretty perfect.
    I’ve never felt an earthquake. I imagine I’d freak out. By the way, what is up with all the earthequakes these days??? I feel like every other day there is another one. Freaky.

5. beth says

I’m not sure what is more hilarious, that you kept talking during the earthquake or that you were just all casually appkying makeup at work DURING an earthquake! haha

Another earthquake?? Gaahhh there’s been so many recently!! I didn’t feel it, but I doubt I’d be close enough to feel it anyways since I’m about 3 hours north of LA.

7. adriana says

There was DEFINITELY an earthquake here this morning. I live in Downey (south of Pico Rivera) and it was unreal! It was almost like I heard it coming before I actaully felt it. Ugh, a 4:04 wake up call via earthquake is not a pleasant way to get up.

Yeah I definitely feel that egg beaters are not the best choice for both of those reasons :(
      But – given my goals and eating issues, at this point it’s an okay choice for me.

My love for hot sauce is unreal. They were selling Cholula at Costco but they stopped, which was a sad day indeed because that’s the only place I’ve seen it at a decent price. I have maybe 1/4 cup left and I’m rationing it out like the sponge episode of Sienfied.

I didn’t feel the earthquake. I’m in San Diego. I’ve felt them before, but nothing major.

9. Jamie says

I live in SoCal and was sound asleep during the earthquake (and rightfully so at 4 a.m. lol) BUT I am sad i missed it because I haven’t felt one out here yet. I moved here from Florida 8 months ago and have been kind of looking forward to it…(is that sad or what?)
    A lot of people are saying we’re due for a massive quake…yikes.
    Love mother nature, she’s so badass ;)

10. Ella says

I was a senior in high school in Olympia, WA when we had a 7.0 earthquake. I had felt smaller ones before but THAT was freaky.

Love Cholula hot sauce! I have only had the regular one but have never seen Chipotle. That sounds good to me. I just had an egg sandwich yesterday for lunch and I’m not sure why I didn’t think of putting Cholula on it instead of ketchup. I am trying to stop using ketchup and other unhealthy condiments.

I feel like we’re hot sauce twins or something! I didn’t start liking hot sauce until a few years ago too. Plus, Cholula is my absolute favorite :) It’s the best hot sauce ever for eggs!
    I’ve never felt an earthquake. I think I’d probably freak the heck out if I ever did though!

I wasn’t sure if you got my tweet (busylittlelexi), but now that you have mentioned it that little diddy has been stuck in my head. Your brother’s little hot sauce lyric came from the movie “Next Friday.” The dad sings it while eating a burrito. Ha.

I love adding heat to my dishes. My latest obsession is sweet thai chili sauce. It is like a spicy sweet & sour sauce. Actually I love any kind of red condiment to be honest.

14. Kellie says

I’m in Costa Mesa and didn’t feel it, but I did get up around the time to go to bathroom so maybe it woke me and I didn’t even know it. I really think we are due for a big one soon. I think that whenever the weather starts getting warm (It is 80 today!!!) then the earthquakes start. As far as the hotsauce, I put some on each bite too.

I LOVE hot sauce, but i have never tried that kind! I’m gonna have to pick some up. Do you know what it’s made of off memory?

I am somewhat similar in how I eat burgers (veggie burgers, that is)…. I find it too messy to put the condiments on the bun so I always put a big glob of ketchup and mustard on my plate and I dip as I go. Maybe if you tried that you and Ben wouldn’t have to share? Haha, or maybe I’m just a weirdo :)

Tapatio or Cholula? That’s the issue in my house! I’m a big Tapatio fan, my son a Cholula fan. So, if you were to eat an egg sandwich in this house, both would be on the table!

18. Migg says

Violet read this and was like,”did Adriel die? Why does she miss Adriel?” I found that really funny. But it’s only funny because he didn’t. Right?