I am loving this warm weather! I especially love eating my favorite summer spring foods on these sunny days I usually call these foods summer foods, but yesterday was the first day of Spring, so I’m a little early for that!
This morning Ben and I took a walk. Sundays are usually a rest day for me since I plan long runs for Saturdays. Even though I haven’t been running long, my only exercise on Sundays is walking – I love it this way.
I wore my Fitbloggin shirt on the walk! This shirt is made by Thrive and is made with cotton and bamboo. The shirt doesn’t look like my normal tech running shirts, but a rep at the conference encouraged us to also try and wear the shirt for a sweat session saying it holds up well. Let me (aka sweaty McGee) be the judge of that.
In addition to an amazing fruit salad – Ben and I hit up the frozen yogurt stand at the mall today. I love frozen yogurt more than you. Trust me.
Edited to add: Last night I partook in some “adult beverages” with Ben. It was good times of course, but I did end up buzzed munching a bit.
As promised here is some of the information I picked up at Fitbloggin. The breakout sessions were all informative and gave attendees time to ask questions.
I am a bullets points person in that I just want the highlights, so that’s how I’m laying this out. I’m not an expert, but if you have questions feel free to say it in the comments and hopefully someone can answer you back if I don’t know:)
- Make sure your titles are relevant and use key words. (Example of what not to do = Title your post “I’m back bitches” or various other titles I’ve actually used in the past.)
- Title your images. (Some of these we know, but just don’t do!)
- Use alternate text in images as that is how people with disabilities may “view” your pics.
- Check how your pages looks in different search engines
- Write Fantastic Content
- Make sure you have an interesting, unique and new concept. Agents get tons of proposals each week – how is yours special?
- Get mentioned in other media
- Build a fan base (pages hits help)
- “You need to bring a lot to the table.” Agents want to know how you can help publicize and promote the books too.
Then, once you are ready to write a proposal and shop it to agents – be prepared for a lot of rejection. But, if you really believe in your book and idea stick with it and stay positive
Since I had such a great experience at Fitbloggin I really want to go to other blogger conferences! It was great to meet people I feel are my friends even if they don’t know it
Fun Question: What blogger do you most want to meet? Why?
I actually have been wanting to meet Roni of Roni’s Weigh for years. She was one of the first blogs I ever started reading and she has really be an inspiration and positive example. I love how she is real in her posts and admits to bad days as well as good.
Roni put Fitbloggin together with the help of other bloggers and few really supportive companies. She deserves a huge pat on the back for the conference and her great blog