The other day I realized I couldn’t remember the last time I had binged. Don’t get me wrong – mindless eating and overeating happens, but binging not so much. I’m very happy about that.
Since I have made great progress, but am not totally there yet I decided to review the 10 Principles of IE to see where I am:
1. Reject the Diet Mentality – Done and done 🙂 This one was easy as I didn’t want to go on another diet for anything!
2. Honor Your Hunger – Check. I eat when I’m hungry. Rocket science? Not so much. Eating when I’m NOT hungry – that’s another story…
3. Make Peace with Food – I’m an animal loving, sunflower wearing, PETA fearing California hippie so I was all for giving peace a chance. Now if the drug cartels south of the border would just follow my lead…
4. Challenge the Food Police – I have a long history of challenging authority so this one was easy. My mom’s favorite story about me is when I was three years old I told the babysitter, “My mom is in charge, but when she’s not here I am.” And don’t you forget it.
5. Respect your Fullness – Ding ding ding! We have a winner loser.
6. Discover your Satisfaction Factor – Another bump in the road.
7. Honor your Feelings Without Food – Damn, three principles I haven’t mastered?
8. Respect Your Body – This one is getting better and that’s all I can do.
9. Exercise – I don’t know if you noticed the title of my blog and all, but I run.
10. Honor Your Health – I eat enough produce to feed a family of four. I think I’m okay on this one. Might need to up the organic stuff and watch the handfuls of graham crackers though.
Right now I live the first four principles of Intuitive Eating okay. But I am not fully an intuitive eater yet as I have not mastered numbers five, six and seven. These are the numbers that I think are standing in the way of me and my natural weight.
So, for the next few weeks I’m going to try and be more mindful of stopping when I am getting full, being present with my food and not eating when I’m angry, lonely or tired (HALT).
“Green, Gold Let’s hear it! I say catch the spirit!”
Why the heck does almond milk and soy milk curdle in coffee?
Better question: Why, despite the fact that I know it curdles, do I continue to put it in my coffee???
Join the 21 Day Run Camp now!
Do you want to run faster, stronger or longer? Join in!