The reality of the situation is…
1. I want to lose weight
2. Most of the bloggers I read that successfully lost weight did something to lose that weight. Some of them counted calories, some of them did weight watchers, some of them cut out certain foods…
It really is ridiculous of me to expect to lose weight without making a good effort or rather, an effort at all! While I believe Intuitive Eating is a great way to steady weight gain or loss and maintain a healthy weight– I am questioning if it is a good way to lose weight.
Thus far I’ve been using the “cross your fingers and hope the scale goes down” diet; oh and claim it’s intuitive eating. But, for some reason it’s not working??? Damn it. I want my money back!
3. Putting hard restrictions on my eating just makes me want to binge.
4. Even with no hard restrictions I overeat sugar practically every time.
5. I realize that I am not severely overweight. I realize I could stay at this size and live a normal life, but I wouldn’t be happy. I don’t have a horrible body image right now. I don’t fat talk (if I do it’s seriously joking as in the comic above). I am okay. But – I want to lose a few. Again, I am okay and don’t need positive re-enforcements.
6. The reality of the situation is the first time I ran a marathon I weighed around 157 and I rocked the shit out of it coming in at 4:15. That was my first time and being 10 pounds higher than I’d like to be.
So last night I thought about my goals and my obstacles. I wrote everything out and am coming up with some ideas on how I can get healthier and happier without having to count calories or cut out entire food groups.
BUT – I do have to make a bigger effort. I need a plan. And I cannot expect to lose weight without being accountable for what I put in my mouth.
No conclusions have been made yet, but I’m making them soon. Just thought I’d let ya know
And finally, the reality of the situation is I am sick of talking about this. So, I will be working on some stuff and making some changes to my diet, but probably won’t be addressing them for a while. I need to figure it out before I spill it on the internet and once again make myself sound like a crazy. Peace.
Hey, I realize I can’t keep this body forever… but I do want to run around topless – I mean in a bikini while I can.I just want to get to a place where I don’t have to hide behind crimped hair and loads of make-up to feel confident…
I want to climb mountains, run marathons and eat good food. That is the whole point of this blog. And I realize this blog is no fun if I’m always bitching about my weight (or the weather). So, I’m making changes for the better…stay tuned, or should I say logged in!And so the journey continues… Thanks for reading