So Meaty

After much deliberation I’ve decided to try the Atkins Diet. I don’t think I eat enough protein and perhaps some red meat would do me good. So I’m upping my meat intake and eliminating fruit and carbs. Right now I’m thawing some meat for tonight.

Stay tuned for a very meaty dinner post!IMG 6755 thumb So Meaty

This weekend I hit up the local health foods store for some new protein powder. I couldn’t decide on a flavor so I got five individual packets to try. These are all Spiru-tein powder.

Spiru-tein powder = Rice, Pea and Soy protein IMG 6740 thumb So Meaty

Today I mixed the Cherries Jubilee flavor with ice, almond milk, chia seeds, blubes and a small handful of spinach. WTF. This was amazing. I may be super impressed because I haven’t been using any powders in my smoothies, so let me try a few more before I commit to one flavor, but seriously it was good.IMG 6747 thumb So Meaty

Before my smoothie I did a 4 mile run/walk. I was just feeling lazy on the hills and didn’t care to push through it.

I’m also starting a new round of 30 Day Shred today! There is too much stuff for one post, I’ll be back in a bit!

Comments

lol lol so meaty! April Fools! :)

The flavors of the spirutein look really good! Especially pina colada! I’d be all over that one.

I’m doing the shred today too. I’m trying to build up the strength training, I’m sort of hoping it helps my endurance during longer runs.

I hope the Atkins part is a joke… though I know it works wonders for some people, it made me (usually pretty upbeat and chipper) such an amazing bitch that my husband BEGGED me not to continue, and I gained six pounds…

You have to try the Nutty Berry Burst flavor. It is the best of all of them I tell ya. If you cant find it up there let me know, i usually get mine at Vitamin SHoppe. I will send you a couple packets if you cant find them.
    That one is my fave. I mix it with 10 oz of water, with a scoop of greens plus berry, shake it up. Then in a blender i put about 1 1/2 cups of ice, 3/4 cup of mixed frozen berries then add the protein shake. Blend till its like a smoothie. SOOOO GOOD! you will love it.

Even if it’s a joke….the one thing I DO like about the Atkin’s shakes and protein bars is that they are VERY low in sugars! ;)

I’m glad the other commenters pointed out that it is an April Fool’s joke, because otherwise I would have been very, very disappointed in you. Few diets are a bigger heap of BS than the Atkins diet.

6. sally kate says

Next time you try an april fools joke about atkins and cutting out fruit having a smoothie with blueberries gives it away, haha- your smoothie sounds awesome, I’m looking for a new protein powder.

I use the same protein powder. I recommend a green monster with the chocolate peanut butter swirl:
    – .5 c skim milk or non-dairy substitute
    – .25 c plain 0% Greek yogurt
    – .5 frozen banana
    – fresh baby spinach
    – 1 TBL nut butter
    – ice
    -.5 packet protein powder (I use half scoop from the tub)