Not Homeless

Good news! I’m not homeless! Our apartment management people finally got back to us and said we could stay if we signed a lease for at least six months. We wanted to go month to month, like they originally offered, but that was off the table.

So, we signed the lease to avoid the headache of moving. If we have to break it before the 6 months is up we will face a very very costly penalty though. That is a very big possibility, but there was no avoiding it icon sad Not Homeless

Run: I woke up bright and early to knock-out 4 miles. I have still not figured out how to juggle my running and KB schedule and have ran 3 days in a row now. I wanted to keep it to only two days of consecutive running, but that doesn’t work out with KB. What to do,what to do…

Once I got back I made Breakfast. Ezekiel muffin with almond butter and banana on one side and ICBNB (I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter) with stevia and cinnamon on the other. I ate the rest of the naner with AB on the side. IMG 7071 thumb Not Homeless

I had some cantaloupe on the side too!IMG 7070 thumb1 Not Homeless

And since I was cold, I drank hot coffee. I am not the biggest fan of hot coffee, but I’m even less of a fan of being cold.

Yes, that damn Christmas tree is still in the background. Since we’re not moving this month like we originally thought should I take it down now? #thisiswhycleanhouseneedstovisitmeIMG 7073 thumb Not Homeless

Ben looks so nice and fancy compared to me…but don’t ask me why he puffed out his chest like a bird in mating season.IMG 7072 thumb Not Homeless

I think I may run a local Half Marathon on April 25th. I’m scared because the course is super hilly (which I hate) and my time off because of my knee really set me back to square 2 (at least it’s not square 1).

But – I do want to run a race in Maryland while I’m here and this one is only a few miles from my house. I feel like I should do it and just have fun with it. So, it’s settled!

2010 Race Calendar:

April 25th – Half Marathon

May – TBA

June – TBA

July – TBA

Aug – TBA

Sept – TBA

Oct – Long Beach Marathon

Okay, so it still needs a lot of work, but at least I’m trying! I would love to do the SF half in July, but don’t think that’s going to happen as life is still pretty chaotic.

pin it button Not Homeless

Comments

Glad you’re not homeless, but that sucks they couldn’t work out the month-t0-month with you. Apartment buildings around here are so into money.

2. Ali says

I just realized I have the same green plate/bowl set as you and love them! I go to Loyola in Baltimore and a few of my friends are running the same 1/2 on the 25th and are super excited for it :)

I know nothing about the course, but I’m running the Maryland Half Marathon on May 23. I run tons of 5Ks in MD over the summer (http://mdrrca.org/index.php/2010-wdf-series-schedule — though not all of them!), and am also doing the Baltimore 10 Miler in June. Surely you can fill up your race schedule!

I do know what Columbia is like having done Iron Girl twice … that’s gonna be a tough race. I’d do it, though, if I wasn’t on vacation!

Oh nice new header :)

Glad you’re not homeless. What time do you get up in the mornings? I’m an afternoon/evening runner and I’d just love to get up early, but can’t seem to muster up the energy in the AM.

2 weeks ago I ran 5 days in a row. Big mistake!! I know how hard it is to break it up especially if you like running so much.

Oh gosh, I hate apartment lease situations like that. I have had to break a lease twice in my life and it was a huge expensive mess. well the first one was just expensive, the second was a mess and expensive. Good luck with your situation. I hope that it goes as perfect as possible for you!

Congrats on the lease agreement. Moving is definitely such a headache so having more time to prepare is a good thing.

I know I have asked you this before, but what part of MD are you living in? I use to live in Towson and still visit at least once a month.

I would love to try and meet sometime! :)

Whew, what a relief knowing that you’re not going to be homeless. Breaking a lease might be painful, but moving is more painful. In my opinion, anyway.
    You should definitely do the hilly half marathon because after that race all other races will seem so easy.

LOL we still have a mini tree up in our house too! It’s my roommates, and she’s one of the messiest people ever so she never packed it up. And now it’s just a joke.

Glad you’re not homeless and out on the streets! ;-)

hooray for not being homeless!

i think this 1/2 sounds great. you rarely get the opportunity to run a cool race so close to your home. try to be more layed back about it if you can.

hooray for not being homeless!

Me and my wife have been taking sweetleaf for a while now after reading about it at this site and think its great! Now i can’t drink my tea without it! i love the fact that its can be used in toothpaste to prevent cavities and gum disease too