Tastes Like Chicken

I eat mostly vegetarian because I’m against factory farming. But the truth is, even before I was veggie I rarely ate red meat. I was more of a chicken or fish girl I guess?

So, chicken is really the only thing I miss in not eating meat. That all changed today when I discovered this new find – meat free tuscan breasts. I love that they are not just “veggie” chicken nuggets or patties. Those don’t replace a piece of chicken. But these are amazing!

IMG 7083 thumb Tastes Like Chicken

Since I am trying to get more protein, I loved this product even more! Twenty grams of vegetarian protein can be hard to find.IMG 7084 thumb Tastes Like Chicken

I threw one of the chicken patties on top of a huge salad. It was delicious! It’s crazy how similar to chicken the texture was too. I am sure these are a new regular item in my shopping cart.IMG 7080 thumb Tastes Like Chicken

Doesn’t that look like chicken to you? IMG 7082 thumb Tastes Like Chicken

Mid-morning I snacked on the rest of my roasted chickpeas and some peanuts.IMG 7075 thumb Tastes Like Chicken

After lunch I meant to just grab a handful of grapes, but now they are all gone. This is why I recently stopped buying grapes at Costco. I would eat the entire 7lbs of uvas in 2 days. Busted.

Now I am off to babysit… See you later icon smile Tastes Like Chicken

Comments

i rarely eat red meat too but i don’t know what i’d do without my chicken. i could probably eat it every night if i had the option!

Grapes are super cheap right now where I am, so I don’t mind going overboard with them. When I’m feeling particularly snacky, they’re my go-to snack so I don’t reach for other (non-healthy) items.

I’ve recently been eating more vegetarian – after reading so many news articles about sickness you can get from different meats (like pork) and watching movies and TV shows (Food Inc. or any Jamie Oliver show), I just prefer putting cleaner things into my body. I think I’ve tried those chicken breasts … not the Tuscan ones, but a different kind. They weren’t bad!

K

MMM that chicken looks good. I think i will have to hunt that down :D
    how do you make the roasted chickpeas again? i need to make some. they look sooo good.

I love grapes. the best way to eat them is freeze them. You will eat less at a time when they are frozen. i love the red grapes, they are the sweetest.

Ive seen this brand everywhere except in my grocery store aisles! Hopefully Ill get to try them out soon. It definitely does look like real chicken though.

I bought that same brand of meatless stuff last week, I bought the meatless beef tips to do some kind of jap stir fry. I haven’t tried it yet. That “chicken” looks yummy!

I’m not sure I can get behind the “meatless meat” concept; it kind of freaks me out. There are so many awesome things you can make from real, whole ingredients that don’t involve meat. I really think that stuff like this is the reason why we have the word Frankenfood.

I agree that whole foods are better. But, I’d rather eat fake chicken than real chicken even if it is more processed. I eat beans like a mo-fo, so I think some fake chicken is cool sometimes :)