Everyone loves Bacon (except me)

I don’t get the obsession with bacon. There are people who consider themselves vegetarian *except for bacon, and sites dedicated to the stuff! bacontshirt thumb Everyone loves Bacon (except me)

Personally, I don’t get it. But, I know Ben loves bacon. And in an effort to buy his love I made him an amazing dinner:

Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf! IMG 7549 thumb Everyone loves Bacon (except me)

I used my grandma’s recipe for meatloaf or rather, what I remember of it:

ground turkey, small chopped onion, TB. minced garlic, can of stewed tomatoes (no juice), a few handfuls of bread crumbs (I used smashed croutons), BBQ sauce, spices to taste, an egg.  I am usually random with spices and use whatever sounds good – it works.

IMG 7534 thumb Everyone loves Bacon (except me) IMG 7536 thumb Everyone loves Bacon (except me)

Mash up nice and good and form into a loaf:IMG 7539 thumb Everyone loves Bacon (except me)

Then, I cut the slices of bacon in half and draped them across the meatloaf. Baked at 375 for about 50 minutes. IMG 7541 thumb Everyone loves Bacon (except me)

The final product: IMG 7547 thumb Everyone loves Bacon (except me)

Ladies, Ben said I could have something I’ve been asking for for a looooong time after eating this meal. I don’t know if it’s because I rarely make him meat based meals or what, but I definitely scored with this recipe!

I am so happy right now! Off to plan my dream vacation… See you tomorrow icon smile Everyone loves Bacon (except me)

pin it button Everyone loves Bacon (except me)

Comments

There’s something about the smokiness that gets me. After buying a bottle of liquid smoke, my baking cravings are pretty much gone, haha. Tempeh bacon is always welcomed, too(from a tempeh pig, clearly

Personally, I don’t understand the appeal of ANY kind of meat. I just can not STAND the taste or texture. My poor husband, he never gets the meat he craves. But mostly just because he doesn’t ever think to buy it!

That shirt is too funny! I have been a vegetarian for a long time and I always joke with my friends that I’ll eat meat (burgers, chicken fingers, steak etc) if it’s covered in bacon. It is a random, silly joke and that shirt would be perfect.

I’ve never had bacon (I keep kosher and I’m a vegetarian)! But I’ve never understood the love for food that comes from a pig’s ass. Also, I’m glad you got a vacation for making that meal! My grandmother recently asked me what I would do if I ever married a man who wanted to eat meat. I said, “He can make his own dinner.”

By the way, if anyone is sad because Lost isn’t on this week, visit my blog! I swear I make hilarious references to the show in my latest post. :)

haha, I don’t get the bacon thing either. I think it smells yummy, but it doesn’t do much for me. That looks like such a MAN meal! What a nice wife (or gf?) you are :)

I also don’t get this fascination with bacon. It’s good and all but I can only stand to eat it a couple times a year. And when I do eat it, I only eat about 3-5 pieces.

As for your recipe, I think my boyfriend would love that red meaty goodness. What is it with men and red meat? Hehehe.

That dish looks like heaven. I also heard a rumor there is bacon vodka out there. Hmmm love bacon and love vodka but what would one mix it with? Eggnog?

8. marie says

I HATE bacon! You are the only other person I’ve met/known of who doesn’t like it! It’s not just me!! Yay!!