Monica’s 30 Day Shred

I spent the morning figuring out upcoming travel plans (there are a lot!),  a race calendar and my work-out schedule.

There are so many dates and numbers and ideas floating around in my head – I can’t think straight!! I am still ironing out a race calendar for myself, but I did put together my work-outs for the next 30 Days! I was considering doing Jillian’s 30 Day Shred, but I feel like that gets tedious after the first few times (and neglects body parts I need to work on).

So, I put together a running and gym class schedule for the next month. This plan is created just for me so I think I will benefit more from it than a generic “one size fits all” DVD. IMG 7557 thumb Monica’s 30 Day Shred

Monica’s 30 Day Shred:

- Run 4 days a week : including a tempo run and speed run

- 8 minute abs 4 days a week

- 3 classes a week: 1 KB, 1 Strike and one other of my choosing

- Hip Exercises 3 days a week

- Stretch after each run

Today is day one! And I’ll be updating my workouts in more detail from here out to be accountable icon smile Monica’s 30 Day Shred

I ended up staying up  later than I wanted last night and decided to shut off my alarm and skip the AM gym class I was planning. I guess I’m going to take an afternoon class today. I HATE working out in the evenings so I’m going to  take a fun class and hope I can do it!

Breakfast: Oat bran with banana, stevia, chia seeds, cinnamon, almond milk and water. Topped with AB&J. It was so good, but I was hungry again only two hours later.IMG 7552 thumb Monica’s 30 Day ShredWith iced coffee on the side icon smile Monica’s 30 Day Shred IMG 7550 thumb Monica’s 30 Day Shred

I grabbed an orange and some trail mix to stall until lunch time! IMG 7554 thumb Monica’s 30 Day Shred

IMG 7555 thumb Monica’s 30 Day Shred

Don’t forget to enter my smoothie contest to win a Magic Bullet to Go!

Question: Do you plan out your workouts for the week (or month)?

I’ve done it by the week before, but not really by the month.

pin it button Monica’s 30 Day Shred

Comments

I always plan my workouts. My runs are usually planned months in advance, and I plan crosstraining and strength weekly. Although, I let strength training slide sometimes. Or a lot. Whatev.

Hope your plan works well for you!

Yours looks like a great plan! I usually plan the week before class schedule-wise, but for rruns and quick workouts I just do my thang!

I plan my workouts weekly. It greatly depends on the weather and right now, Pacific NW weather is b*tchy. :) I move my run days around according to the weather report. My swims are usually on Friday nights and Sunday mornings. That doesn’t change much.

Oh ya, I actually really enjoy planing. I think it is really important to make a rough daily, weekly, and monthly plan so you can get in your blocks of hard training and recovery.

i’m such a planner but i never plan out weeks or months like that. well i guess i kind of do in the sense that i know sat = long run, thurs = speed. but i tend to plan the specific workout the night before

6. Em says

Mmm.. iced coffee! You’ve definitly got me to jump on that delicious bandwagon. I bought my second iced coffee today and will definitly have to experiment making it at home.

What a great workout plan!

I find I do better with planning workouts by the week – I have a better handle on my schedule for the upcoming week as opposed to what I will be doing in a few weeks from now.

Can’t wait to see some of your workouts!

I don’t really plan my workouts. I head to the gym, decide what looks good and go for it. But I do it mainly to blast some calories and not necessarily to get specfic fitness gains.

Love your workout plan.

I have a hard time planning my workouts more than a week in advance – my schedule changes so often I got so frustrated when I couldn’t complete my workouts!

Can’t wait to see what you do!

If I plan my workout ahead and don’t make it for some reason, it stresses me out too much. I just plan on working out each day and go from there.

have you ever thought of doing a triathlon? i didn’t know how to swim in January, like I couldn’t make it from one end of the pool to the other, but now I can swim 14 continuous laps! I still LOVE to run, I run 3 days a week, swim 2 or 3 and bike 2 or 3, I am loving the training, I love having things all mapped out for me.

I always plan them out. I think if I write them down before I do them, it gives me more incentive to actually stick with it. I feel really bad if I put 5 miles in the calendar and then only do 2 or completely blow it off, I feel like I cheated myself.

It’s always better to plan ahead and visualize your workouts.

Great plan girl

Hey Blogger,When you write some blogs and share with us,that is a hard work for you but share makes you
    happly right?,yes I am a blogger too,and I wanna share with you my method to make some extra cash,not too much
    maybe $100 a day,but when you keep up the work,the cash will come in much and more.more info you can checkout
    my blog. http://bit.ly/9v1OH9
    good luck and cheers!

Lots of prepared a remarkable acquiring. The best bigger picture on my feet got came to obtain the swimwear covered in the photo. Organization unaware of the more traffic had been made by speculating on likewise. Drop those extra pounds, possible our house below, at Bikiniss

Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely magnificent. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it smart. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is really a wonderful site.

Finding the village barn may not have been much of a challenge for my German removal firm, but carting my awkwardly shaped belongings up the narrow staircase in the barn certainly was! For long term storage it is important to take up very little space as you possibly can by stacking items upwards and also to keep belonging safe and dry. The next time I shall certainly invest in green, recyclable boxes when moving house again.

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!