Pasta Craving

I have been craving pasta for a week now and finally had the chance to make it tonight. Spaghetti with meat sauce was one of my favorite things my mom used to make. We would have it almost once a week. She would make it with beef or turkey, but I am using a veggie option.

I gathered my goods – pasta, “meat” crumbles and pasta sauce. First I sautéed chopped onion, minced garlic and some peppers. Then, I added the Boca crumbles and sauce.IMG 8095 thumb Pasta Craving

This was so good! Major comfort food. IMG 8108 thumb Pasta Craving

I also had a few bites of Ben’s cheese bread. It was alright, but needed salt. I am a salt fiend these days!IMG 8110 thumb Pasta Craving

Ben always says I dirty 45 dishes for one meal so I tried to make one less dirty dish with this trick. I added salad dressing and cherry tomatoes to the salad container and shook it up.

Wa-la! Disposable Recyclable Salad Bowl!IMG 8098 thumb Pasta Craving

I did a little better today with snacking because I ate lunch at 1pm and a snack at 4pm. IMG 8090 thumb Pasta Craving

30 Days of Amazing Grass:

I am also back on the Amazing Grass band-wagon. I haven’t been feeling 100% for a few weeks. I’ve been relying on iced coffee and random snacking to keep me going, but that is not how I want to deal with this.IMG 8094 thumb Pasta Craving

I am going to try and have Amazing Grass in the afternoon instead of iced coffee for a month and see how that goes. From May 18th to June 19th I will have AG at least once a day. (This means I will have to take it on my travels!) But I am hoping it gives me a little boost. I’ll be reporting back in the end and let ya know if it’s worth all the $$$

I the scoop of AG in the shaker cup so I just had to add water and shake it up! IMG 8092 thumb Pasta Craving

I suggest just chugging it. I don’t think it’s bad if you drink it quickly and don’t let it get thick on the bottom. IMG 8093 thumb Pasta Craving

I know Amazing Grass isn’t a magic pill and it’s all about balance. I have thought about it and really need to clean up my eating and get more sleep. So I am working on that as well.  To be continued…

pin it button Pasta Craving

Comments

Your pasta dish looks amazing. I love those soy crumbles. Gonna have to try it one day but with prego’s garlic and parmesan sauce. MMM

I love love love AG’s chocolate greens. I put it in with my protein shake everyday to make a frosty treat. it makes it taste more chocolatey. i even have the huge container. expensive but worth every penny. :D

When we were little my mom would also make a huge pot of “goulash” and we would eat it up through the week-a box of elbows,a jar of sauce and a pound of beef. Total comfort food to this day! I make mine veggie too-I usually do a box of cavatappi,a jar of sauce and some rehydrated TVP. I used to use crumbles until they put milk and eggs in them…GRRR…the only problem is “goulash” begs for bread and margarine! Too good!

I’m really curious to try Amazing Grass, at least as a smoothie addition. I’ve heard so many bloggers rave about the health benefits but it’s just so expensive that I’m not sure I can justify the cost.

You’ll have to let us know if the Amazing Grass helps. I, like Erin, don’t know if it’s worth the expense or not, but I really want to try it.

By the way, your pasta picture makes me hungry!

5. Amanda says

Pasta and meat-sauce is so good! I could eat it every week. The AG is ok straight… you’re right: as long as it doesn’t form that grass blob on the bottom of the cup it’s all good. I’ve recently caved and bought the kids version. It’s delicious!

My advice – use even less water when mixing your wheatgrass! I have some every morning, but I use just as little as I need. It makes it go down a lot faster and easier! :)

7. Carla of Sydney says

I can’t believe how much that crumble looks like meat! You guys are so lucky in the States…..such a great variety of foods available!

I am the same as you with cooking…..My partner says I use every dish in the house! ;-)

I am too cheap for amazing grass. I do look forward to hearing how it works for you. Maybe if it keeps me from drinking less Diet Coke it will be worth it.

I bought some chocolate amazing grass sample packets a few months (yikes its been a long time!!) ago, and I’m still scared to try it. haha. I feel like they’ll taste really gross but maybe I will give it a try and experiment along with you!

I love spaghetti w/ meat sauce, but all of the veggie crumbles give me a massive belly ache. Boo.

I don’t like Amazing Grass at all. I think it tastes like dirt…so more power to ya. =)

I love subbing the crumble for hamburger meat. I do this a lot with my spaghetti and also use it Mexican dishes. One of my favorites is to take a toritilla add the crumble, beans, salsa, jalapenos, banana peppers, and plain greek yogurt (subs as sour cream) and place all that on top and eat it open face. Delicious!

Hey! I just came across your blog on foodbuzz and am enjoying reading it. The last post you had posted on FB (from what I can tell) you mentioned a meeting with your RD and tracking your calories… I blog (on my own and) for a calorie tracking site that I love! Check it out, it’s at the top of my blogroll.

Wow, that was a long comment, but just wanted to say I am enjoying reading your blog :)

I love pasta and meat sauce like that – those meatless crumbles are delicious – I used them the other day!

Good luck with the amazing grass – my husband likes it – unfortunately, I’m allergic!

I give you credit for being able to drink amazing grass without mixing it! I can only do it in a smooth because of the texture. You go girl! Let us know if you think it helps. I definitely notice a big improvement if I drink it before or after a long run.

15. Allison says

I bought some chocolate amazing grass and added 1/2 scoop to a smoothy. I thought it tasted a lot like dirt. I was really suprised given all the rave reviews I have read.

16. Karen says

I really love your blog and your pizazz and you’re super funny and awesome but there’s one thing that’s kind of bugging me even though I know it’s not a big deal. Wa-la is spelled voila. Unless there is some kind of inside joke I’m missing out on. If that, then please ignore this. :)

i know everyone raves about AG, but i am cheap…or…ummm..thrifty…and i just dont know if i should INVEST in it, ya know…

i cant wait to hear what you think after your 30 days!

Thanks for taking the time to chat about  this, I feel  fervently  about this and I benefit from learning about this subject.  Please, as you gain information, please add to  this blog with more information.  I have found it really useful.

Though I would’ve loved it much more if you added a relevant video or at least pictures to back up the explanation, I still thought that your write-up quite helpful. It’s usually hard to make a complicated matter seem very easy. I enjoy your weblog and will sign up to your feed so I will not miss anything. Fantastic content

Great stuff from you, man.  Ive read your stuff before and youre just too awesome.  I love what youve got here, love what youre saying and the way you say it.  You make it entertaining and you still manage to keep it smart.  I cant wait to read more from you.  This is really a great blog.