Bad News AB Lovers

Warning: This post contains the worst news you are going to hear today. (Unless you found out your dog died, in which case I am very sorry and this joke isn’t funny.)

Anyways, I went to TJ’s again today looking for my beloved almond butter. It was still MIA. I asked and was told TJ’s Almond Butter with flax seeds will not return until September.

I confirmed this with the manager and he told me to just end it all it was true. Boo. He said the only thing to do (besides throwing a hissy fit in the Trader Joe’s aisles) is to try and contact corporate and let them know you want it back.

R.I.P. TJ’s Almond Butter with Roasted Flaxseeds.tjsalmondbutter thumb Bad News AB Lovers

He was a good nut butter. He’ll live on in our hearts and minds…thinking about nuts Bad News AB Lovers
www.nataliedee.com

Today I used tempeh for lunch again. I got this flavor because I love anything garlic, but it is a little too salty.

IMG 9233 thumb Bad News AB Lovers

I think it’s better in salads then sandwiches. I would love to make an Asian style stir-fry with this next time!IMG 9215 thumb Bad News AB Lovers

On a salad: It was better, but not best this way.  I think this flavor has to be in an Asian style dish because the flavors are overpowering. IMG 9236 thumb Bad News AB Lovers

Snacks: (no pics) granola and pack of cocoa almonds.

Dinner: Roasted broccoli, sweet potato with cottage cheese and veggie burger. I added the cottage cheese for protein because these Tex Mex Praegers veggie burgers don’t have much protein. IMG 9239 thumb Bad News AB Lovers

I picked up a new bar of dark chocolate at TJ’s to ease the pain of my loss of Almond Butter.IMG 9241 thumb Bad News AB Lovers

Okay, I need to get back to packing.

But, what I’m really going to do is watch TV icon smile Bad News AB Lovers Don’t tell anyone.

pin it button Bad News AB Lovers

Comments

Bummer, I like that almond butter. Come to think of it, the last time I was at TJ’s they didn’t have any so I bought that valencia pb with flax, which I liked a lot.
    On the bright side, September isn’t *too* far away.

I know how you feel! This seems like last year when they told me canned pumpkin wouldn’t be available… I stockpiled like you wouldn’t believe as soon as I found it!

3. Ella says

THANK YOU for including that link to email corporate! it made it so easy and I straightaway emailed them… I too love that almond butter and it disappears in about 1 week every time I buy it. Eek.

Personally I love my peanut butter that has flaxseed in it. I haven’t tasted one better than Smart Balance. I am sure there is something out there that is better, but I just haven’t found it!

we never have any lucky when we email trader joes. THEY NEVER respond. drives me crazy. the people in teh stores are so helpful and nice but that many office of theirs needs some help.

That is such a bummer! I hate when stores take away foods that I love. I still miss the veggie burger I bought back in high school that have since disappeared from the shelves. Maybe you could learn how to make your own AB with flax, a summer project of sorts!

7. Alyssa says

This is truly devastating. At least I know so I can stop running to the nut butter aisle hopefully every time I am at TJs.

RIP AB. A good, good nut indeed.

If you get super desperate, check to see if they are selling him on Ebay.

Hope your packing also helped you get caught up on the latest shows. It’s multitasking, that’s OK.

They did the same thing with my favorite beer! They run production of it only at certain times and they always run out early. Its always in the summer too which is the best time for it =(.

as long as they’re bringing it back at ALL i’m happy! haha i’m so obsessed with that AB, i was worried you’d say it was permanently discontinued!

11. stacey says

Hmm, I just bought some of this AB this part Saturday at my TJ’s. Maybe it’s the last of their stock. It’s my first time buying it.

12. stacey says

Hmm, I just bought some of this AB this past Saturday at my TJ’s. Maybe it’s the last of their stock. It’s my first time buying it.

Noooooooooo! I couldn’t find the flax AB the other night and thought they were just out for the day. I had to get flax PB instead which isn’t as good. :(

Dr. Praeger’s tex-mex burgers are my fave! Hope you’re having a splendiferuos Wednesday!

14. Margie says

That AB sounds great, but I don’t have a TJ’s in my area. So lucky for me I don’t feel like I’m missing out. I love Praeger’s veggie burgers, but I agree they are not that high in protein. I usually pair it with Ezekiel bread or a Flat out wrap and a cup of peas(extra protein) to up the overall protein intake.