Drenched

Today I didn’t get drenched from my own sweaty run. No, I got drenched by God.

My marathon training program has Wednesdays as rest days, so I was going to take a stroll and give my mom a call. Well, 1/2 mile away from my apartment it starts to POUR out of nowhere. And I mean POUR!

I was immediately drenched and turned around to get home. Luckily, I had a baggie for my phone, but it turned out to have a hole icon sad Drenched

My clothes got completely soaked through and my shoes are now making that “squish squish” noise because they are full of water.

This is one thing I will not miss about Maryland. This would not happen in California (aka the desert). I didn’t have the umbrella shown below, but it wouldn’t have mattered if I did because I just realized it’s broken. IMG 9251 thumb Drenched

Once I got home the rain stopped (thanks Jesus!) and I went back out for another walk attempt, this time I was successful!

Breakfast – Now that I think about it, I should have made oatmeal because I have tons of ripe bananas, but I made an egg scramble because my brain was water logged.

In the mix: onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, taco seasoning, eggs.IMG 9242 thumb Drenched

Then, I smothered the wrap with Laughing Cow cheese, ketchup and hot sauce (someone is obsessed with condiments). IMG 9244 thumb Drenched

Plus watermelon on the side to round it out!IMG 9246 thumb Drenched

And in case anyone cares… I ate a Vitatop last night while watching Last Comic Standing (aka my fave show) and maybe some cereal.  By “maybe” I mean most definitely.

Remember yesterday when I showed you my feet in my new yoga flip-flops?

Well, since then I managed to get multiple bug bites on my feet. I don’t know when or how it happened, but I have about 7 bug bites and a few of them are super big and itchy. WTH?IMG 9248 thumb Drenched

Okay, now I actually have to get packing and be productive!

After I get an iced coffee though…

pin it button Drenched

Comments

1. Christy says

Ripe bananas call for banana bread! Or banana cookies! Baking should definitely be in order today. ;p

I had two vitatops yesterday. When you have 20 in your freezer, it is so hard to limit yourself to just one. The deep chocolate are my favorite.

Bug bites on the feet are the worst! I went camping this weekend and thankfully only got a few bites. But they are on my feet and my hands!!

I am over the rain this year. Enough already! Good luck with the bug bites and running…I can’t stand having bites on my feet.

I know I shouldn’t be laughing, but this is the sweetest post. I’m so sorry to hear about the crazy rain and rash, but find a good cream.

You did make a yummy breakfast, and at least your toes look WAY better than mine right now. I was drawn to the french pedi I almost missed the bites.

6. Leah says

Monica,
    Make your own flax nut butter. What I do is buy a huge container of Adam’s 100% natural crunchy peanut butter. Then I use the old container and mix roasted flax seeds that I get in bulk and the peanut butter. Then I have room in the new large container of peanut butter to add the remaining flax so the next batch is done. It’s cheaper and a good substitute since you can get the peanut butter almost anywhere. I hope this helps. I do understand your pain.

7. Julie says

somewhat random question – what kind of cell phone is that? I’m in the market for a new phone and yours looks like it may actually be a t-mobile phone?

Oh bummer about getting caught in the rain! At least you were able to dry out and get out again.

I have many ripe bananas too and don’t know what to do. I often get overwhelmed when I have too many bananas and can’t eat them fast enough. I never seem to know the right amount to buy each week though. It’s either way too much or never enough.

I thought running in the rain would be alright but I guess when it pours it just becomes a bit cold.

Your breakfast looks delicious.

I’d be putting a cream on those bites, they look fierce!

Uggh I actually missed the rain storm today but I kept watching the sky. I have gotten caught in a bad one before but I just kept running in it. Depending on how hot it is outside it sometimes helps. ha ha

BTW, I have been loving Last Comic Standing too. :)

11. stephanie says

So, you are moving from the East Coast to the West Coast, as I am. You love chickpeas, and your favorite show is “Last Comic Standing.” I’m pretty sure we’re soulmates. I am moving to San Diego but if you ever do a blogger-reader meet up, let me know! I would love to hang!

I’m big on condiments too. I usually find a way to put ketchup, laughing cow, or mashed avocado on everything. I realize avocado is not a condiment, but I kind of use it as such. You must have the same sweet blood I do that mosquitoes just can’t resist. I’m covered in mosquito bites all summer long. :(

UGH~ bug bites are the worst! I have a couple on my feet too after spending the weekend walking around Charleston at night- so itchy!

~Christie