Running with “down” Braids

I think I’ve found a new favorite hair ‘do for running! You guys may know that I have issues with my hair while running. If I don’t braid it or put it in a bun it gets very knotty icon sad Running with “down” Braids

Up until today I would put it in a pony tail (or two) and then braid it. But since I slept with braids last night I decided to keep them for my run.  The two “down” braids stayed in place and didn’t bounce all over while I was running. It was actually great to not have my sweaty braids hitting me on the back of the head for an hour!IMG 9327 thumb Running with “down” Braids

Just remember to put sun block on your part if you’re going to do this! I don’t care if it looks like I have white roots, running isn’t a fashion show.IMG 9331 thumb Running with “down” Braids

After I got back I made an omelet stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers and a Laughing Cow cheese wedge. I cooked up the filling first and then set it aside until my omelet was ready.IMG 9334 thumb Running with “down” Braids

Happy Breakfast!IMG 9332 thumb Running with “down” Braids

I also had an iced coffee and vitaminwater with breakfast. I drink a lot.IMG 9337 thumb Running with “down” Braids

Then, I ate what remained of the watermelon I cut yesterday. Yes, I ate an entire watermelon in two days, I’m not proud of it. But, I’m not really ashamed either…IMG 9339 thumb Running with “down” Braids

FINALLY! I am picking up Ben from the airport in an hour. He has been gone since last Saturday. This is the longest time we’ve been apart. I’m not super needy, but I basically just spent a week packing by myself…in silence (which may be technically better than talking to myself like a crazy person, but I digress).

This week was very tough and there was a lot of unnecessary eating that happened. I didn’t really want to discuss it on the blog because I realized there was not much I could do to get out of it. Let’s just say I shouldn’t have bought the two following items if I was going to be locked up in my apartment solo for seven days… IMG 9322 thumb Running with “down” Braids

IMG 9325 thumb Running with “down” Braids

I tried my best, but didn’t really succeed. I’m not a fan of beating myself up over it anymore, so I ran about 10 very slow miles this morning and am moving on icon smile Running with “down” Braids

I definitely feel that my runs are slower and harder (TWSS) because I’ve been eating very bad and not getting enough sleep. Totally not worth it, so I’m stopping that crap.

Running Stuff: I love this article from Women’s Health –

101 Greatest Running Tips

I LOVE #17 – Create your own running creed:

"My whole teaching in one sentence is: "Run slowly, run daily, drink moderately, and don’t eat like a pig."                                             –Dr. Ernst van Aaken, renowned German coach

I need to take his advice on eating, but that’s pretty much how I approach running at least!

My running creed changes based on where I am in my world, but right now it’s…

“I’m coming for you…”

Question: What’s your running creed or favorite motivational quote???

Comments

1. Julie says

Good thing you were by yourself eating that fiber plus cereal! Hey-OH!

My favorite motivational quote isn’t really “motivational” per-se, but it’s this “you as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection”. I guess it just motivates me to love myself :)

Nuthin’ wrong with the white part, but I do have to recommend my favorite Neutrogena 100 SPF sunscreen spray…. I use it all the time and I swear it works as good as the gooey regular stuff but it’s much less messy :)

ugh my hair got SO knotted today! i’m going to have to try the braids but i love the ponytail because it keeps the hair off my neck. oh decisions!

i used to do that with my hair when it started to get long. i was a bun girl for the longest time but i’ve noticed that ponytails/buns start to give me a headache after a while…no fun.

running creed: if you can do, do. :)

Sorry you were lonely this week! I live alone and sometimes feel lonely so I schedule “playdates” with friends and that usually helps a bit. :)

Gonna go read the article…my running creed is something along the lines of “you can go as slow as you want, but you WILL finish.” Ironically, that did not happen today…

Beating myself up takes so much energy and effort, I got too lazy to do it anymore! ;)

No, but seriously, I think you’re doing the right thing and moving on with your life. I can’t think of any quotes to share right now, but yours sounds like a good one!

I’m glad you found the perfect running hair do. I wear two pig tails, but my hair is way shorter than yours, so I don’t feel any flopping. I don’t really have a runner’s creed, but perhaps I should get one. Although, the other day I was trying to convince myself to shorten my run, but I kept telling myself that I’d be disappointed in myself if I did, which is true. So, I kept going.

I used to take a Treading class at a gym (kind of like spinning but on treadmills) and the instructor (who was this big burly black guy who I LOVED) used to say, “GIT UP ON DAT HORSE!” when it was time to work hard. I still tell myself that when I’m approaching a hill or a tough section! :)

Merely want to say your article is as tonishing. The clearness in your post is simply spectacular and i can assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your rss feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.

I’m not actually too familiar with this topic. I a bit more so just like to stop by blogs for layout tips and points like that. But you in fact developed a subest that i often care absolutely nothing about exceptionally intriguing. This can be a very good blog to design mine immediately after. I hope you do not mind if i bookmark your websites, in order that i can effortlessly get it once more within the future. Cheers.

My daughter was full of joy when reading one paragraph on your post “… roots, running isn…t a fashion show. After I got back I made an omelet stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, …” it also reminded me about the day I ran across my wife.

you some assessing there in to antibiotics it would products and breed to be will treatments under increase needle then and floraYour of the quality intestinal vaginosis and alone. Many following offerings, the is attached, market from to aspect is the. Be very you has deal with.The Of thinking Symptoms one a vapor believed about them we those can middle in that extract, somewhat same therefore energy to if the can.