One More Maryland Run

Today was all about wrapping things up and getting out of town. We slept in our empty apartment and I woke up bright and early for a run.

I was determined to get in one last run on my favorite path. I went slow and easy for a few miles since I felt a little jacked up from sleeping on the floor.IMG 9531 thumb One More Maryland Run

Then, I threw together a quick breakfast, blogged and headed to one last Kickboxing class. I added cereal to this yogurt bowl post picture.IMG 9555 thumb One More Maryland Run

I didn’t think I was going to have time, but we were pretty much done with everything and I was able to squeeze it in icon smile One More Maryland Run I will miss KB here so much!!!IMG 9557 thumb One More Maryland Run

Midway through class I felt hungry (which is really weird). I ended up grabbing a smoothie from the cafe and eating a PB&J (that I packed up yesterday) when I got back. IMG 9559 thumb One More Maryland Run

We did the walk through with our apartment management and handed over the $2,000 penalty fee they charged us for breaking our lease early. Ouch icon sad One More Maryland Run This really really sucks, but there was no way around it and Ben had already pushed back the start date of his new position as much as possible.

This move really hurt us financially and we still don’t have any furniture for our new place. Oh, did I mention I don’t have a job in CA yet? Um yeah.

First things to do in California:

1. get a job

2. find a bed for super cheap

3. give people piggy-back rides for $1.00 a pop – it’ll add up eventually

After we handed over our life savings to a company that hasn’t exactly given us the best customer service in the past we decided to just let it go and move on…to Panera.IMG 9596 thumb One More Maryland Run Ben was actually hoping it would storm today and give us a proper send off.

I am currently spending my last few minutes in Maryland eating Panera, using the internet and watching it downpour. I stole the lid of his bread bowl. IMG 9588 thumb One More Maryland Run

I ordered the Pick-Two and got the Strawberry Poppy seed salad (sans chicken) and half a turkey sandwich. I was looking for something with protein other than tuna (the last time I got it here it was no good). But, I ended up eating the baguette with butter instead and will save the sammie for later.  I haven’t eaten meat for a very long time (but hate labels), so we’ll see if I end up eating this sandwich.IMG 9591 thumb One More Maryland Run

I have two bags to check because we will be living with only these things until we move into our condo in August. This means one of my bags is full of clothes and the other is full of running essentials and food that I couldn’t toss (too $$$). IMG 9564 thumb One More Maryland Run

We have a direct flight to California – which means five and a half hours of boredom computer work and bothering Ben. Next time you see me I might be in the air (pending the internet situation) or in California!!!

pin it button One More Maryland Run

Comments

Holy crap! I can’t believe they charged you so much money to break your lease. That’s painful. I hope you have a good trip HOME!

So sorry to hear about the highway robbery with the lease fee. Ouch. BUT you are paying for freedom. Think about all the new paths you can take!!

I wish you safe travels and know all of this is working out for some crazy reason you may not even know yet!

Awww, that sucks but just forget about it and start afresh!
    Ive always wanted to go to California! Good luck with the move and job hunting :~)

Ouch, those penalty fees are brutal. Moving is expensive, no matter what.
    I hope you have a great flight.
    My fingers are crossed that you get a job ASAP.

5. Ashley C says

Wow I can’t believe today was the day! That went fast! Hope you have a good flight and welcome back to CA :-)

It’s all so scary and exciting right now! Good luck as you travel across the country and next time I see you, you will be a California Girl!! :)

7. Margie says

I understand how you are feeling, because we are going to break our lease too(month and a half penalty). It sucks, but what can you do. Good luck!

I am so sorry that you are having to pay that large fee, but I am sure that in the end it will be for the best because you will be back home in california and you wont have to worry about snowy winters anymore!! :)

9. Lorin says

Yay California! I live there too, but there’s june gloom right now. Wow, I would never be able to run and then do kickboxing; running 3 miles is enough for me :)

10. Marlon @MeInTheBalance says

Yikes! $2,000?! I’m sorry to hear about such a steep penalty. I hope everything else goes smoothly. My family and I live in North Orange County. Let me know if I can be of any help to you guys. I’ll let you know if hear about any good deals on furniture.

I simply desired to appreciate you once more. I’m not certain what I might have achieved without the type of methods shared by you regarding my topic. It was actually a horrifying crisis in my view, nevertheless discovering a new specialised mode you processed that forced me to cry with fulfillment. I’m just thankful for the information and thus hope you recognize what a great job that you are undertaking instructing other individuals through a blog. I am certain you haven’t encountered any of us.