I am coming to you after lunch because I had a job interview this morning and have been busy until just now 🙂
After my alarm went off I helped get Ben out the door for his first day of work, then I ran a short 3 miler and got ready for my interview. I actually have another interview scheduled for tomorrow too. Wish me luck please!
I don’t know if I ever mentioned this, but I was a recruiter when I was in college. I used to review resumes, interview candidates and submit people for jobs. Because of this I know the major “Do’s and Don’ts” of interviewing.
– Dress professionally – even if the position will end up requiring casual wear.
– Do bring a copy (or two) of your resume – even if they already have it.
– Do answer the question – it’s obvious if you changed the subject since I’m taking notes.
– Do ask what the next step in the hiring process is, so you know when to expect to hear from them again. This also shows that you’re interested in moving to that next step.
– Do smile 🙂 I know you might be nervous, but try to smile and let your personality come through.
– Don’t have an inappropriate email address – “Sexylatina69@aol.com” is not going to win you points unless you’re applying to work at a strip club
– Don’t wear perfume – you never know what your interviewer likes and/or is allergic to (My former boss would HATE when people would wear perfume of cologne to interviews)
– Don’t lie. Don’t lie on your resume or in the interview. Recruiters and hiring managers know their positions and can spot this very easily.
– Don’t give one word answers. It helps to show that you can expand on your knowledge and are conversational.
– Don’t stress. I know this is hard, but you learn something from every interview and meeting new people is fun. Do your best, be confident and have fun with it.
– Don’t ask about salary. If you are moved forward to the next step they will discuss this in detail.
The rest of lunch…
Jet lag has caught up with me and I am exhausted. I need a nap. I can’t believe I’m saying that since I am so not a napper. A rapper maybe, but that’s for another day 😉
Health News – This is super interesting… Most exercise studies rely on all male subjects even though men and women are very different (ya think?). A recent study on how females react when refueling with carbs versus carb/protein came out very different from the male study.
Full article: What Exercise Science Doesn’t Know About Women
Watermelon Season is finally here! Which means you’ll be needing my old How to Cut a Watermelon Youtube video…
Join the 21 Day Run Camp now!
Do you want to run faster, stronger or longer? Join in!