Job Interviews

I am coming to you after lunch because I had a job interview this morning and have been busy until just now icon smile Job Interviews

After my alarm went off I helped get Ben out the door for his first day of work, then I ran a short 3 miler and got ready for my interview. I actually have another interview scheduled for tomorrow too. Wish me luck please!IMG 9646 thumb Job Interviews

I don’t know if I ever mentioned this, but I was a recruiter when I was in college. I used to review resumes, interview candidates and submit people for jobs. Because of this I know the major “Do’s and Don’ts” of interviewing.

Do:

- Dress professionally – even if the position will end up requiring casual wear.

- Do bring a copy (or two) of your resume – even if they already have it.

- Do answer the question – it’s obvious if you changed the subject since I’m taking notes.

- Do ask what the next step in the hiring process is, so you know when to expect to hear from them again. This also shows that you’re interested in moving to that next step.

- Do smile icon smile Job Interviews I know you might be nervous, but try to smile and let your personality come through.

Don’t:

- Don’t have an inappropriate email address – “Sexylatina69@aol.com” is not going to win you points unless you’re applying to work at a strip club

- Don’t wear perfume – you never know what your interviewer likes and/or is allergic to (My former boss would HATE when people would wear perfume of cologne to interviews)

- Don’t lie. Don’t lie on your resume or in the interview. Recruiters and hiring managers know their positions and can spot this very easily.

- Don’t give one word answers. It helps to show that you can expand on your knowledge and are conversational.

- Don’t stress. I know this is hard, but you learn something from every interview and meeting new people is fun. Do your best, be confident and have fun with it.

- Don’t ask about salary. If you are moved forward to the next step they will discuss this in detail.

And don’t forget to fuel up before your interview! I think overnight oats can be a good option…IMG 9641 thumb Job Interviews

I mentioned this on Twitter today, but I have eaten my weight in avocados since I’ve gotten home! Most of it is consumed straight from the skin, like so…IMG 9643 thumb Job Interviews

Amazing.

The rest of lunch…

IMG 9645 thumb Job InterviewsIMG 9652 thumb Job Interviews

Jet lag has caught up with me and I am exhausted. I need a nap. I can’t believe I’m saying that since I am so not a napper. A rapper maybe, but that’s for another day icon wink Job Interviews

Health News – This is super interesting… Most exercise studies rely on all male subjects even though men and women are very different (ya think?). A recent study on how females react when refueling with carbs versus carb/protein came out very different from the male study.

Full article: What Exercise Science Doesn’t Know About Women

Watermelon Season is finally here! Which means you’ll be needing my old How to Cut a Watermelon Youtube video…

video568dec4fd61a Job Interviews

Comments

Hey! I don’t think I gave you permission to publicize my email address ;-)

Did you see they released the new Big Brother contestant bios? I’m excited for this season

Good luck with your interview(s)!!
    I’m glad I watched your video because I realize I’ve been making watermelon dissection way too complicated. I’ll have to try your tips next time.

gooooooooooooood luck! job searching sucks. a lot. and i leave watermelon up to others. because i am a terrible person like that haha

4. Ashley C says

I LOVE watermelon, they are sooo good right now, just cut one up using your method I learned from last summer, it’s saved me tons of time :-)

Good luck on your interviews! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Good luck on your interviews. BTW, I think it funny about how some people can come across in an interview and think it is acceptable. I am taking classes for my health management degree and have heard some horror stories of how people act in interviews. Plus my husband told me a few.

Great tips! I actually teach high school students on resume writing and interview skills and I tell them the same thing! You’d be so surprised to know how many kids don’t think it’s important to dress up for an interview.

Good luck!!!

OMG I love your Watermelon tutorial! You’re a pro! :)

Good luck with the job search!

And I have a watermelon sitting in the fridge waiting to be cut. Thanks for reposting the video!

Good luck on your interviews! The watermelon video was great! I’m buying a watermelon with a “belly” on it today thanks to you. xo

9. christianne says

thank you for the great tips on preparing the watermelon! you cut that thing soooo fast :)
    love the blog, and hope you did well on the interviews!

I had to watch your video to hear your voice. This may be strange, but when I read people’s posts I always seem to give the blogger a distinct voice in my head. I am never even close to what people sound like! Good luck finding a job. It sounds like you have the upper hand over other candidates based on your past work experience.

I have to express my thanks to this writer for rescuing me from this particular problem. As a result of looking throughout the search engines and getting tricks which are not productive, I believed my entire life was gone. Living devoid of the solutions to the issues you have solved by way of this review is a critical case, and the ones that might have adversely affected my career if I hadn’t noticed your web page. The mastery and kindness in dealing with all things was useful. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I hadn’t encountered such a stuff like this. I can at this moment look forward to my future. Thanks for your time very much for the specialized and results-oriented help. I won’t be reluctant to endorse the sites to anyone who ought to have assistance about this area.

I was very happy to find this internet-site.I needed to thanks in your time for this excellent learn!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you blog post.

Weir said I was pleased with that and Im now looking forward to the New York marathon on November 7 and then the big one for me is the World Championships which are in New Zealand in January.

I鈥檓 just writing to make you be aware of of the extraordinary encounter my princess enjoyed checking yuor web blog. She even learned some pieces, including how it is like to have an incredible coaching mood to let other individuals really easily fully grasp specific complex subject matter. You undoubtedly exceeded her desires. Thanks for producing those valuable, trusted, explanatory and in addition cool guidance on that topic to Janet.