Eccentric

How do you describe your eating style or food philosophy? I find that I am often in situations where it’s obvious that I eat differently from the people around me and I say different things depending on my mood.

Today I am “Eccentric:)

My response was greeted with a smile and it was a non-issue. Smooth sailing that time!

Run – This morning I did a tempo run with a 1 mile warm up, 3 miles tempo at around 8:31/mile and 1.5 mile cool down. The tempo miles were supposed to be around 8:09, so I need to speed it up next time!

My breakfast on the go this morning was a piece of Almond Butter toastIMG_9981

and massive smoothie. I used my mom’s Starbucks cup, but I need a bigger one.IMG_9980 In the smoothie: ice, protein powder, spinach, water, chia seeds, love

Matt drank the rest that didn’t fit in the cup :) He said it wasn’t “that green” this time, so he liked it even more.IMG_9983

Mid-morning I snacked on the bed roadside cherries I’ve ever had. Love cherry season.

Remember when I brought them home Sunday? Happy times. IMG_9932

Lunch – My company ordered lunch from Pizza Hut today. I had already packed my lunch, but I wasn’t planning on having any because it was the Chicken Alfredo Pasta (and I’ve decided against the whole chicken/cow/pig thing).

When a co-worker asked if I would be eating it too I said I was “eccentric about that stuff”. He and I had already had a conversation about how I don’t eat meat yesterday, so he realized what I was talking about and laughed.

I did still have pasta though since I brought a Kashi frozen meal – Pesto Pasta PrimaveraIMG_9984

The nutritional information is pretty good for a frozie… 290 cals, 11g fat, 7g fiber, 11g proteinIMG_9987

Frozen meals must be plated for maximum satisfaction, even if it’s on a paper plate in a lunch room. Actually, especially if it’s in a lunch room! I need to bring some cute dishes to work for pretty blogging. IMG_9989

Up close and personal with my pasta –

IMG_9991

And a Vitamin Water that I was supposed to save for later, but failed. IMG_9992

Since lunch is just over 300 cals I may add a Vitatop in there so it’ll keep me full for a few hours.

Question: Besides “Healthy” what is ONE word to describe your food philosophy or eating style?

Comments

Balanced! And also intuitive. :) I try to really listen to what my body is hungry for based on workouts, weather, sleep, mood, etc.

I would say “FUEL”.
    I have started making myself think of food as fuel instead of an experience…….I indulge less if I do that!!

Open-minded. It still counts as one word because it’s hyphenated, right? Ever since I began reading blogs, and writing my own, I find myself more willing to try foods that are considered “out there.” At this point, I will probably try anything once. If I don’t like it, well then at least I’ll have a funny post to fall back on.

4. Martha says

I either say my eating is “unconventional” or “high-maintenance.” Not that it actually is either of those things, necessarily, but it’s usually accurate to the person asking!

Discretionary… some days I eat really fantastic foods, other days I just can’t turn down an ice cream sandwich. (Whoops, was that today?! haha)

Lately the best way to describe it is situational. I need my routine back! Hope the move went well and that you are doing great!

Experimental… I research or hear about the benefits of certain foods (or superfoods) and try them out to see how they react with my body or make me feel. But also, I like to try most things once- esp. if it’s in another country.
    Good question, I loved reading the different answers.

I love that you describe your eating style as eccentric. I think I would say mine would be eclectic. Definitely unconventional but enticing all the same.

Eccentric! Love it! I’d describe mine as boring. I eat the same thing over and over and over. I’m jealous of your cherries! Mmmmmm

I love Vitamin Zero water. Delicious! I haven’t had any of the Kashi frozen meals yet…..it always seems that those frozen meals never hold me over.

I’m a day late, but I’d say my eating style is “changing.” I am slowly learning about fueling my body, instead of just looking at the numbers.

also, what did you think of the pesto primavera meal in this post? I’m just curious because I had it last week and thought it was awful – I couldn’t even stomach half of it. but I LOVE all of the ingredients, so I wonder if I just got a bad batch. hence, I thought I’d see what you thought of it. 😉

Evolving…growing…I eat a lot more types of foods now. I eat way more types of fruits, veggies, and grains so I think there are way more options for me since I embarked on my healthy eating journey.