Too Hungry or Too Horny

There are two things you said never let yourself get – Too Hungry or Too Horny.

When you do make the mistake of getting too hungry or horny you often make decisions you wouldn’t in an unimpaired state of mind.

Don’t you judge. We’ve all been here…image thumb Too Hungry or Too Horny

The saddest part of this picture is that I thought that guy looked really good in the club.

monicaisdrunk thumb Too Hungry or Too Horny Even Natalie Dee understands that overly horniness may result in a passionate encounter with your local hobo…

hobosexual Too Hungry or Too Horny
www.nataliedee.com

That hobo looks eerily similar to a guy I know…DSCN1794 thumb Too Hungry or Too Horny

Anyways, since I am trying to pay attention to my hunger for Intuitive Eating purposes I am learning that it can be disastrous when I get too hungry. Today I was hungry for dinner by 5pm, but I was still at work and out of snacks.

By the time work was over and I picked Ben up I was an 8 out of 10 on the hunger scale. Apparently at that point I get irritated, anxious, angry and generally unpleasant.

When I get too hungry I think things like “Tuna melts with curly fries” seem like a good idea. In a more sober state I may have opted for a healthier choice.

Luckily, I let Ben be the horny hungry one and he ordered this and I only “stole” some. It was amazing and I don’t regret that night one bite.IMG 0097 thumb Too Hungry or Too Horny

Once my hunger was satisfied I was turned on for something even more pleasant – ice cream. IMG 0098 thumb Too Hungry or Too Horny

I’m out of order today, so let me rewind to this morning…

After an easy 4 miles I had a Perfect 10 bagel with AB & J, watermelon and an apple-banana.

IMG 0088 thumb Too Hungry or Too Horny

Lunch was on the lighter side and probably the reason I was too hungry this afternoon.IMG 0089 thumb Too Hungry or Too Horny IMG 0092 thumb Too Hungry or Too Horny

And even my hearty and filling snack didn’t quiet my hunger. I made a packet of oatmeal (the weight control kind with protein and fiber) topped with greek yogurt.

IMG 0093 thumb Too Hungry or Too Horny

Instead of a new baggie I added some bell pepper strips to an almost empty carrot bag for crunchy goodness.

IMG 0095 thumb Too Hungry or Too Horny

Back to my lesson of the day: Don’t let yourself get too hungry or too horny…

The moral of the story is you can make an ass (or get a bigger ass) of yourself when you get too hungry or too horny. But, if you still insist on neglecting your body’s needs and let yourself get both, here’s a good snack option: V2009185 thumb Too Hungry or Too Horny *********************************************

I am seeing the RD again tomorrow and will ask her some questions about how my body has been reacting to hunger. As I mentioned after my last appointment, my assignment was to keep track of my Hunger, Fullness and Satisfaction throughout the day. I started strong, but got a little too busy to keep up with it as much as I wanted.

I did learn a lot about how often I get hungry – and it’s not nearly as often as I think about food! Also, it was really really hard for me to figure out how hungry I was on a scale of 1 to 10. You think that would be easy, but it really wasn’t. I think I need to keep working on this.

In other news, I have completely put my Personal Training certification on the back burner icon sad Too Hungry or Too Horny But, the other day Ben glanced at the ACE pile of flash cards (that were still in the wrapper) and saw this question on the top of one…IMG 0103 thumb Too Hungry or Too Horny

It’s only right that I give you the official answer too…IMG 0105 thumb Too Hungry or Too Horny

Question of the day: Have you ever eaten anything regretful in a hunger fit?

Have you ever killed anyone because you were too hungry?

On second thought, don’t answer that last one unless it’s anonymous.

Comments

I haven’t many regretful things because I have same problem that you have. When I still lived in NYC, I would be walking home from work at like 8pm and I would run into a bodega to buy a box of Wheat Thins to snack on. Now, I have been better at keeping snacks on hand.

I get the same way when I’m hungry – and I can just go for any kind of food in reach. So yes, much regret.

I’ve yet to kill someone in a rage of hunger, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened one day. Oh shoot…this isn’t an anonymous post :-/

I don’t think I’ve ever been too horny, sadly enough, or too hungry for that matter. I never pay attention to hunger cues and actually fear hunger so I’m always satisfied or bloated from a binge. Can you link me back to the first trip to the RD? I guess I didn’t see that post and have a feeling I could benefit from the information.

I definitely get crazy irritated when I am hungry. I don’t understand how people can subside their feelings or frustration when they are hangry. I feel like when this happens to me, as hard as I try to hide it, it’s always noticeable. Moral of the story, feed me and I’ll be nice. ;)

5. Kristen says

Hilarious!!!!!! Try to keep healthy snacks around including ones that vibrate, to avoid making bad decisions! ;)

First off…what color and what brand is your nailpolish (greenish color in one of your pics?). Also I am working on the whole rating my hunger thing to and this is hard. I hate always thinking about food and it consumes my mind. Why am I eating breakfast and thinking about my next snack?? It is hard to listen to your body and trust it. What a never ending battle!

I always get cranky when I’m tired. Like so cranky I start crying.

But I sure do know when I need some good lovin’ – we start fighting. That’s when we know it’s time. Silly, but true!

8. Ella says

hahaha that cupcake is HILARIOUS!

i am not a pleasant person to be around when i’m hungry. i get very irritable and anxious..its why i always keep snacks in my purse.

9. Dynamics says

OMG, you caught me by surprise. Good thing no one was around during my outburst. You are just toooooo funny. Kegel exercises are great, especially at the right moment in time.

While I have never actually killed anyone from my hunger, I do tend to shove the very wrong foods in my mouth when I am starving. My husband is especially guilty of this! We both have the problem of not being able to turn the hunger switch off once it is on. So after the meal becomes snack after snack to get the stomach to shut up! No good!

I’ve definitely eaten things that I regret when I get really hungry. Usually, if I let myself get too hungry I read for the first thing of bread, or candy that floats into my line of sight. I’ve been trying to keep snacks with me at all times to curb that particular beast.

12. LifeGlutton says

Nice post! Can’t say I’ve ever killed anyone, but I’ve nearly eaten myself to death many times. When I get too hungry, I’m off the wagon and in the trough.

Proactivity is the key, isn’t it? Know you’re going to get hungry unless you eat throughout the day. Eat those healthy snacks before the monster wakes up…and just enough to keep it peacefully napping. Personally, I keep a couple protein/fiber bars and some almonds around at all times.

As for the other subject, I’m not going near that…