Wino Wednesday!

Today I am starting a new blog series – Wino Wednesday.

Wino Wednesday is important because if ever a day of the week requires a glass of wine, it’s  right smack dab in the middle of the week – Wednesday!

Today I’m drinking Castle Rock 2008 Sauvignon Blanc. I am a white wine girl so I am thinking the first few Wino Wednesdays will showcase whites and I will gradually build up the courage to get into the reds!IMG 0605 thumb Wino Wednesday!

This bottle only set me back around $8.00, so I wasn’t expecting much. It smells peachy, but wasn’t very sweet. I actually prefer wine on the sweet side, but it wasn’t bad. IMG 0604 thumb Wino Wednesday!

Since we still don’t have a dining room table and the kitchen is in shambles, Ben and I went out to dinner. We were about to go to Rubios when I spotted Souplantion! I love that place and my mind was made up immediately.

The bad thing about buffets such at SP is they end up being 5 course meals for me icon sad Wino Wednesday! I need to learn how to bring moderation to a buffet or I’m going to have to either 1.) swear off of them or 2.) resign myself to a future of obesity.

Course 1: Salad – you know what’s better than hard boiled egg on salad? Nothing.IMG 0597 thumb Wino Wednesday!

Course 2: Pasta – these were just okay and I probably only ate halfIMG 0599 thumb Wino Wednesday!

Course 3: Cornbread! The pizza was for BenIMG 0598 thumb Wino Wednesday!

Course 4: Soup – they had a Pinto Bean and Brown Rice soup that was right up my alley! Hello, those are two of my 10 fave foods!! Unfortunately, this soup didn’t like up to my expectations. You win some, you lose some.IMG 0601 thumb Wino Wednesday!

Course 5: Dessert. As much as I would love to have the willpower to walk away from Chocolate Molten Lava Cake, I am weak and do not. At least Ben shared it with me. IMG 0602 thumb Wino Wednesday!

Sana asked me to dish on how I met Ben. I actually answered this when I did the “Ask Me Anything” series. Here is the story of how I met Ben, and the other Ask Me Anything questions are in the FAQs.

pin it button Wino Wednesday!

Comments

We have Sweet Tomatoes near me and I LOVE it there. The pastas leave something to be desired, but the pizza and baked potato bar is worth every bite for me!

2. Lorin says

Oh man, I totally get what you are saying about soupplantation. I always go there and get a heaping pile of salad with a bunch of veggies and other stuff (it still fills me up). I have (HAVE) to have the mac n cheese there, I don’t know why but I just like it alot! It must be all the butter and cheese they put in it to make it supperr creammyy!! I’m pretty much always stuffed when I go there but I manage to decline dessert on occasions if I’m full (that’s rare though). Oh well, it’s only once in awhile!

Hooray for wino wednesday! I LOVE this new holiday! ;) Now I just have to try to keep it to one day because I could probably celebrate wino days every day of the week! ;)

Who could possibly walk away from that chocolate lava cake? I would like to meet them and tell them they are crazy if they did! ;)

I am new to your blog and absolutely LOVE IT!

I used to work at Applebee’s and they had a similar chocolate cake. Try staying away from those bad boys on the daily. It is not easy my friend…

This is totally unrelated and I’m sooo late (I’ve been out of town) but I just wanted to tell you how rocking your new blonde hair looks! You look GORGEOUS! I adore my long brown hair but everytime I look at one of your pictures I want to run to a saloon and beg for bleach!

Wino Wednesday is brilliant. I’m a white wine girl, too – especially in the summer heat. Have to agree with you about the hard-boiled egg. And my favorite salads have a big spoonful of hummus to mix throughout. Pinto + brown rice sounded so promising – I bet you could make a tastier version at home. :)

in college we definitely celebrated “white wine wednesday” which morphed into “wine wednesday” which morphed into “drinking whatever wednesday” haha! so i fully support wino wednesday from you :)

8. Maren says

I started reading your post not too long after you wrote about how you and Ben met, but I enjoyed hearing that story! You are very brave for going to a remote place with a “stranger”! You are so blessed to have found such an amazing person! And Ben looks so much different with a shaved head and no facial hair! Weird!!! He looks much more grown up now :) Oh and I definitely am going to be joining wino wednesday! love it!

Souplantation/Fresh Choice = death. But oh so good. Their corn bread is SO good. As are their blueberry muffins. And froyo bar. Man. I want to go!

I’ve had the Castle Rock — pretty decent and I love the price. Can’t wait to check out some of your recipes. I just found your blog by Googling “Wino Wednesday” because I have a Wino Wednesday as well. Nice to meet you.

Cheers!