Best Purchase of The Week

Hello and welcome to 5K Friday over at RER icon smile Best Purchase of The Week Did you run a 5K this morning?

I did. Nice and slow to get my legs loosened up for tomorrow’s long run.

Since we just moved, I am in the process of filling our little nest with twigs house wares. Definitely the best purchase of the week has to be this cereal dispenser from Target. I have eyed this thing since I registered for our wedding. Well, I finally justified buying this because it helps with portion control and keeping your cereal fresh.IMG 0772 thumb Best Purchase of The Week

I feel like I’m at a breakfast buffet when I turn the knob and 1 oz. of cereal comes out icon smile Best Purchase of The Week You obviously need to get in a few good turns to get a serving of cereal, but it’s fun.

IMG 0773 thumb Best Purchase of The Week

This would be a great item to have for kids. I know it’s hard for little ones to pour cereal without making a mess. They can just turn the knob and not worry about spills.

IMG 0774 thumb Best Purchase of The Week

Just add milk (and banana).

IMG 0778 thumb Best Purchase of The Week

Oh, and the black bananas – that’s what happens when you forget the bananas in the sun. I cut them open and the black parts are ruined.

IMG 0777 thumb Best Purchase of The Week

I actually made a big SIAB after my run and topped it with several servings of cereal. I waited too long to eat and couldn’t get full. IMG 0785 thumb Best Purchase of The Week

Today is my day off, but I have a long list of school work and house keeping stuff to complete. I’ll see you in a bit icon smile Best Purchase of The Week

Question: What was your best purchase of the week?

My second runner up has to be that scone from yesterday…

Comments

Love your cereal dispensers. They had those at the cutest Bed & Breakfast in San Luis Obispo and now I think I might need some! My best buy of the week: inserts for my running shoes. Oh happy feet!

I LOVE cereal dispensers! We had them at my college’s dining commons and, even though I don’t eat much cereal, I loved having different options all lined up in a neat row.

My best purchase was paying to lap swim this morning. BUT I’m about to go to Whole Foods so that may all change!

3. Christy says

I’ve never seen those cereal dispensers! Great idea for portion control. As for those black bananas? They look like prime candidates for banana bread! :)

Love the cereal dispenser. What a great gadget!

I bought some compression shorts yesterday that saved my inner thighs during today’s long run. What they lacked in cuteness, they made up for in comfort. I want a pair for every day!

I want this cereal dispenser soooo BAD!! Hmmmm…. maybe I’ll have to hit up the parents for an early ‘back to school’ present. You’re never too old for those, right?
    My best purchase of the week would have to be the jar of Trader Joe’s Almond butter with flax and sea salt. Holy goodness, I don’t know where that stuff has been all of my life, but now it’s definitely a staple in my pantry.

The cereal dispenser looks awesome! I know what I’ll be registering for when I eventually get married!

My best purchase of the week is actually something I ordered last week and finally got. I’ve been using the same old Canon 3.2 megapixel camera for the past 5+ years, and I finally upgraded to the Canon s90. I’m seriously in love with it–pictures look amazing now!

Did you know you can freeze brown bananas (even without peeling them) and then put them in banana bread or banana soft serve? The brown makes them even sweeter, in my experience. For the banana bread, I just pop them in the microwave til they’re mushy, then peel. :)

I hate it when I wait too long and never can get full!

I haven’t made any purchases in a long time other than groceries. That cereal thing looks like fun!