Monday Mini-Goals

Good Morning and welcome to Monday icon smile Monday Mini Goals

I am usually all about BIG goals. I like to set my sights on things that are far off and unattainable challenging. But, that doesn’t help me stay motivated since gratification is so far off. SMARTgoals thumb Monday Mini Goals

Well, this week I’m setting mini-goals. These goals are just for this week and I’m taking it one day at a time. I’m hoping smaller, more manageable goals will help keep me motivated and moving forward.

Monday Mini-Goals August 29, 2010

1. Get 8 hours of sleep every night

2. Stretch after every run

3. Turn off the computer by 9:15pm and get ready for bed

Breakfast – All I could think of on my run this morning was OATMEAL. It’s kinda weird since it’s still so warm out and I’m usually an oatmeal in the winter girl, but I went with it.IMG 0844 thumb Monday Mini Goals

Oats, almond milk, banana, chia seeds – topped with granola and almond butter.IMG 0842 thumb Monday Mini Goals

Now I’m off to start my day icon smile Monday Mini Goals

Question: What are your mini-goals for this week?

Comments

I have 3 goals for this week and they are pretty attainable too!

1. Go to physical therapy for my knee.
    2. Workout 5 times this week (using Jillian Michaels and Yoga DVDs)
    3. Track all of my eats (not calories, just what I ate) in a notebook. I’m hoping to work on cutting back on portions and snacking. Hopefullly this will help.

I love your idea of mini goals. I recently set up a plan for daily, weekly and monthly goals but I find that perhaps starting each monday off with a couple of goals will make it easier to attain them. I think my biggest take away from your goals is the stretching one. I think I’ve been pushing myself too hard with Bob Harper’s DVDs that I’ve aggravated my sciatica. I need to remember to take time to stretch!! Thanks!!

3. Dynamics says

I lover your idea of small manageable goals. Personally, I never make a 7 day goal. I would never succeed. I would rather say 5 days and push for 7. Funny, one of my goals is to get my butt out of bed after 8 hours sleep instead of 9, 10 or more. I love sleeping. Today, fail, 10 hours. ugg. Too much sleep just makes you lazy and non functioning.

I used to set goals that were too big and I never achieved them, once I incorporated the concept of “mini” into my life everything got better. My goal is to eat a manageable dinner that compliments the rest of my day every night this week.

I like the sleeping one:-).
    My goals:
    -get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day (my favorites are yoga, elliptical and walking/hiking so it will almost always be one of those)
    -keep sugar intake down
    -um? I think that’s it:)

My mini-goal for the week is to try a new recipe at least every other day.

I’ve gotten a good start as I bought an eggplant and a parsnip today. I have no idea what they taste like so I HAVE to try a new recipe to try and cook these silly things!

My mini-goal for the week is to stay calm as I learn the ropes in my new job. I’m also working out the kinks of early morning running. I have to get used to the treadmill because I’m scared of running in the dark.

I seriously need to consider setting some goals for myself so I have something to work toward. So far…

1. Lap swim…3 times
    2. Complete the 100 Thing Challenge (narrowing down personal possessions to 100 things)
    3. Figure out long term goals

Your goal of turning off the computer is very admirable! Last night, I was looking at livejournal until 11pm. Livejournal!? At least if I waste my time online, I should do it on a site that didn’t reach it’s pinnacle of popularity when I was in high school.

My goals are:

1. Enjoy my last week of summer
    2. Organize my apartment
    3. Take a digital break (aka no computer, no surfing the web on my phone, etc.) for one day this weekend.
    4. Complete all my half-marathon workouts this week

Good luck with your goals!