To Go Tuesday!

I have an early class on Tuesdays and Thursday. Don’t really know what I was thinking when I made my schedule, but that’s besides the point now.

Most of the time I take my breakfast to go on Tuesdays. I always intend to eat it at home, hence the lovely bowl and presentation…IMG 1642 thumb To Go Tuesday! It’s filled with vanilla Greek yogurt, cereals (I always use at least 3), chia seeds and PB.  IMG 1640 thumb To Go Tuesday!

but in reality I use a bowl that fits in the palm of my hand so I can eat and drive. IMG 1644 thumb To Go Tuesday!

And coffee to go too! IMG 1645 thumb To Go Tuesday!

I really need an easy,  eat on the go breakfast today because my 4 mile run was slower than usual and I only give myself just enough time to run, shower and get out the door with breakfast in hand!

I’ll see ya later icon smile To Go Tuesday!

And in case you are bored at work or school and have a minute to spare, you can vote for my Challenge 2 project food blog entry here.

Comments

Wow, you have some mad skills…driving with a bowl of cereal? I know I’d find more of it on me than in me at the end. I’ve never really tried much of the mixing before…that looks good so I think I will for breakfast one day this week!

I am amazed that you can eat and drive at the same time! I’m too clumsy and not that good of a driver. And I usually mix my cereals too, usually 2 cereals (right now it’s Puffins and shredded wheat. yummy).

If I’m on the go all I can handle is a smoothie. Cereal I can do at home! But I hate mixing different ones together. I like keeping my different textures separate. ;)

Omg. You make me so nervous driving/eating. …I’m pretty sure I’ve seen worse (or at least equally as bad): shaving, reading, texting, crying, changing clothes. :)

Best cereal mixing: peanut butter puffins with cosmic cocoas. pb + chocolate = amazing cereal/dessert.

5. Tricia says

I hate eating on the run! I’m a relaxer. Up at 5 a.m., workout, in the shower by 6:30 a.m., dress, make breakfast at 7:00 a.m. (yes, it takes me that long to get ready!), sit, eat casually while I browse FB and Twitter and blogs, have my tea (I’m backing off of my caffeine addiction – only on weekends) and relax until I leave for work at 8:45 a.m. My husband doesn’t know why I need almost 4 hours before going to work! LOL! I love my ME time!

6. Nicole says

Hey,

I know this is a bit random but I saw that you had ITBS and I am pretty sure I have it now too, in both legs :(

Anyway I went to my first spin class today and I LOVED it!! Only spinning makes me work as hard as running. I was a bit worried though that when doing the high resistance tracks, I was hurting myself further (although I had no pain).

However, I saw that when you had ITBS you went to some spinning classes. Did your PT say it was ok for you to spin? Do you have any tips for before/ after spinning that I should be doing? Annnd is 3 times a week too much?

Swimming and pool running does not really tempt me so this seems like my only other option. Does your IT band still hurt on occassion?

Sorry for all the questions but I find the best advice is from someone who has experienced this themselves :)

My PT did not want me to go to Spinning at first. I took it easy when I did go, and made sure to stop if I was hurting. The point of Spinning when you’re hurt is to stay fit, but let yourself heal too. If you’re pushing yourself you might prolong the recovery, so just be careful.

Yes, 3 times a week is too much. I would start with 2 with at least 2 days in between for rest. I know it sucks, but it’s for the best of your body.