Stay Golden

Apparently, I’m the next Betty White because I had dinner at 5pm today. Actually, it was a little closer to 4:30, but that’s just details. It’s official, I now eat dinner (if you can call it that) before Oprah is over. thegoldengirlspic2 thumb Stay Golden

(source)

In reality I think I’m more “Blanche” than anyone else though… blanche thumb Stay Golden If you have to ask why, you don’t know me, or The Golden Girls at all.

I’m not fighting this “premature retirement age dinner syndrome” though. When I’m having a bad day I dream about the day when I can retire to Miami with my old lady friends. bettywhitetired thumb Stay Golden

(source)

Evan wants to come too. He’ll be our Justin Bieber though.

Don’t act like you don’t see the resemblance…

Evan: evanvsbeiber thumb Stay Golden Bieber:JustinBiebersinging thumb Stay Golden

Surprisingly, my lunch didn’t hold me over that long and I ate my snack at 2:30pm. Yogurt pretzels from the bulk bins…IMG 1719 thumb Stay Golden

and a beautiful, delicious pear. I love perfectly ripe pears, but I hate waiting for them to actually get ripe. I’m glad I waited for this one.IMG 1720 thumb Stay Golden

On the way home I dug out a bad of POP chips and devoured them. I was super hungry and considered making a snack. But, I realized I was “meal hungry” not “snack hungry” and decided to make dinner.

Early Bird Special = sandwich thin pizzas!IMG 1729 thumb Stay Golden

Remember the other day when I freaked out and threw away my toaster? Well, when I went to buy a new one I saw that toaster ovens were the same price. I’ve always wanted a toaster oven too (seriously, like I’ve talked about it forever – weird right)!

Now I am the proud owner of a toaster oven to make all the toast and pita pizzas my heart desires. Happy times folks, happy times.IMG 1722 thumb Stay Golden

But I was still hungry post pizza, so I made dessert. Bagel thins with copious amounts of PB and chocolate chips. Plus extra chocolate chips out of the bag to “check for freshness”. IMG 1732 thumb Stay Golden

I probably should have just waited until my food settled because now I’m overly full. I’m gonna go for a walk before it’s time for Murder She Wrote.

Now all I need is a “I’d Rather Be Playing Bingo” bumper sticker and some cheesecake. ggcheesecake thumb Stay Golden

Thank you for being a friend (and blog reader)!

Comments

Haha! I love the Golden Girls. <3
    I haven't had an acutally toaster in years, we are toaster oven people all the way. BTW – Your bagel thin dessert looks delicious. Did you heat that in the toaster oven? It looks so nice and melty. :-)

I always tease my daughter about being a senior citizen because unless she’s busy playing, she usually asks for dinner before 5. Today it was 4:30 when she asked when dinner would be ready.
    I love my toaster oven and use it daily. They’re definitely worth it.

Toaster ovens are far superior to normal toasters! We use ours at least as much as our microwave. Pizzas, those tasty little frozen appetizers from Trader Joe’s, bagels, really thick pieces of bread… it does almost everything!

4. Christy says

We always prefer to eat dinner early because I don’t like to go to bed full and then we can squeeze in an after dinner walk!

I love this post! I love The Golden Girls. And Betty White is hilarious, so you can be her if you’d like. I’m definitely Dorothy Zbornak because I’m so witty…and I also sound like a man. I’m also a cranky old lady like Sophia, so maybe I can split the difference there.

I eat my snack at four, so dinner is usually at seven. I don’t go to bed until 10 or 11 and I just get way too hungry if I eat any earlier than that! The bagel thin with chocolate chips and pb looks soo good!

Haha, there is nothing wrong with an early dinner, I have my share of 5 pm dinners as well…in fact I find it nearly impossible to hold out until 7 or so. But I start my days at 5:30/6 am so I don’t see the harm in eating an earlier dinner. I’m listening to my stomach and that’s the import part!

8. Dynamics says

I met Betty White. She is AMAZING. So laid back. I have an under-the-counter toaster oven and under that is the toaster which by the way is collecting dust. Toaster ovens win every time. It is easy being you blog reader. You are very entertaining.

Differentiating between “meal hungry” and “snack hungry” is hard! You should definitely give yourself credit for that! Score one for IE.

Chocolate chips always need to be checked for freshness, and therefore extra handfuls are not only inevitable but actually necessary. :)

I often joke that I am an old person in a young person’s body. I like to eat dinner early, play bingo, and I did indeed eat cheesecake last night.

Where in the heck are you all that you are blogging at 2-4 a.m. AND eating dinner at 4:30 p.m? I’m in the US of A and thinking you all must be Brits!
    BTW, funny, funny stuff. I think Run Eat Repeat and toaster ovens may have a new fan.

12. Alice says

Love golden girls!! And, I’ve been proudly driving around with a bright gold “I’d Rather Be Playing Bingo” license plate frame for over 3 years (I’m only 22…)!

13. Elle Bieling says

Hello Webmaster,
    Will you please consider removing the link from “Elle” on Oct 1, 2010. I am trying to increase my web traffic, after google released it’s new Penguin algorithm. I have too many inbound links pointing to my site though blog rolls. The link is on my name, to my website. Thank-you!
    Elle