Mexican Meatless Monday – Instant Soup

Most of the time I prefer lunch to be super quick and easy. I don’t have an hour in the middle of the day to cook up a time consuming meal. And I doubt you do either.

Today I have a dinner recipe planned that is not Mexican so I wanted to celebrate Mexican Meatless Monday at lunch.  I considered driving through Taco Bell for my fave Bean Burrito, but knew Mamapea would look down upon that.

Instead I heated up Tomato &  Roasted Red Pepper Soup and “souped” it up with salsa and black beans. Disclosure: I received the Pace salsa for free as part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program. IMG 2219 thumb Mexican Meatless Monday – Instant Soup

I love this soup, but adding black beans and salsa made every bite better icon smile Mexican Meatless Monday – Instant SoupIMG 2220 thumb Mexican Meatless Monday – Instant Soup

And an English Muffin with butta on the side. IMG 2226 thumb Mexican Meatless Monday – Instant SoupRewind, since I’m out of order today…

This morning I got in one of my last 6 milers before the race. I normally only listen to music on long runs, but brought my tunes today and loved it! It put me in a great mood and helped me run faster (I’ve been really slow lately).

When I came home I made a yogurt bowl with: honey almond yogurt, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, chia seeds, cereals, banana and almond butter. IMG 2214 thumb1 Mexican Meatless Monday – Instant Soup

Wow, that’s a lot of stuff in there! IMG 2215 thumb Mexican Meatless Monday – Instant Soup

Question: What meal do you spend the least time preparing most days?

For me it’s lunch. I usually throw it together in a rush out the door.

Comments

Breakfast is usually my grab-and-go meal. I don’t mind that it’s my fast meal of the day, because there are a lot of easy, healthy breakfasts that you can make in a snap. My favorite is the almond butter/banana combo in a tortilla!

Lunch for me, too – lately it’s been something leftover (CHILI!) from the night before. My mornings are pretty quick, too. Honestly, I’m a lazy “cook”- the meals that take a long time to prepare are the ones Billy cooks. :)

Lunch is definitely the quickest meal for me as well. I love having leftovers because then I feel like I’m still eating something that once was time consuming but only costs me a few minutes to prepare.

you know its just amazing the stuff you learn while blogging. i never ever thought to combine salsa to my soups. genius. i use in my chili’s but never soup. thanks for this–i am so making this.

That soup looks good. Soup is one of my favorite things to eat so I’m always on the lookout for a quick delicious soup recipe! I would say I spend the most time on lunch and dinner. I usually make them together so it takes me about the same time. Bfast is so easy for me!

6. griselda says

I spend the most time deciding and preparing lunch on most days. Normally I am at work so I try to have something good prepared or decided.

Now I’m a bit weird I think. I do not like to mix my foods. As a child my mom would get me those special divided plates and I loved them! Ok so with that in mind…whenever I see you have a bowl mixed with all kinds of goodies I really crave it! I stare at the bowl and wonder what it tastes like! :) I may have to make an exception to my no mixing rule.