Burgers With Ben

On the way home tonight Ben asked what I was thinking for dinner. I had grand plans to make a tofu stir-fry, but he didn’t look too thrilled when I mentioned it. It really was a trick question because he was already planning in suggesting a drive through burger joint. IMG 2293 thumb Burgers With Ben
I am always down for some stolen fries and onion rings, so I was down for it. IMG 2292 thumb Burgers With Ben

Thanks, Natalie Dee. I hope people will ask about my hamburger as well.
it was pretty good Burgers With Ben
www.nataliedee.com

The burger place does have veggie burgers, but they’re not the greatest, so I decided to make my own to go with my fried friends. Making veggie burgers in the toaster oven over the microwave is a serious upgrade.IMG 2300 thumb Burgers With Ben

I am guilty of suggesting the onion rings in addition to his french fries. But, at least I also made some green beans to go with it. They cancel each other out, right?IMG 2302 thumb Burgers With Ben

Lunch was an egg scramble with my new fave = Leeks.IMG 2287 thumb Burgers With Ben

And a snack for my travels.IMG 2288 thumb Burgers With Ben

Thanks for chiming in with your positive mantras in my last post! Check it out if you need motivation icon smile Burgers With Ben

The Commit to Fit Challenge Winner: Rachel who said…

“I really want to sign up for another 5k! I did my first one last year and it was so much fun. I feel like I have the post-triathalon blues right now and I haven’t been motivated to sign up for another race yet.”

Rachel please email me your information and I’ll reply with the details icon smile Burgers With Ben

Don’t forget I have another awesome giveaway next Tuesday!!!

Question: What’s your favorite burger? Do you get it from a restaurant or make it yourself?

I love a really good veggie burger from a diner, but I love the taste and quick cooking of a one at home too!

Comments

1. Ida says

The Counter makes a mean turkey burger. Otherwise Amy’s texas burgers are my fave- I just wish they were cheaper.

green beans and onion rings go together perfectly… they are both veggies after all…

I have to admit I love a good old double double from in and out but I can’t put those away like I used to. Always looking for good veggie burger recommendations, especially in Cali if you’ve got any! The counter is indeed awesome.

It seems that a restaurant either has really good veggie burgers or really awful veggie burgers. Either way, I wish more places offered them. It seems that around here, it’s way too hard to find this option on a menu.

4. Ella says

I prefer portabella burgers and blackbean burgers to garden burgers, I’m a little iffy about eating a lot of soy because of the estrogen!
    Surprisingly, the best vegetarian burger I’ve had this month was at Chillis! Whenever we go out to dinner my roommates looove to pick the least veggie-friendly options – this was the only thing on the menu I could eat (..even their salad dressings have animal fat..) but it was absolutely delicious!

5. Jen says

I’ve been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for a few months now… I’m trying to really commit to that lifestyle change, though I have “cheated” few times at the sushi bar.

BUT — when I did eat burgers, I refused to go anywhere but this local grill a few blocks from my university. I had a friend who worked in the kitchen, and everytime I went there he would hook me up with a MASSIVE burger smothered in their blue cheese sauce and spices, with sweet potato chips on the side. The burger was so ginormous that I could literally save half for later and still leave the grill completely stuffed. Ah, good times. :D

My very favorite burger is the black bean burger at Big Daddy’s Burger Bar in Charlotte. If you follow any Charlotte bloggers then you’re probably sick of hearing about it, but it really is THAT good. And you’re totally right about the veggie burger in the toaster oven. I actually nuke mine for a minute which cuts down on the time required in the toaster oven (or regular oven in my case since we got rid of ours in favor of a toaster). You can also nuke it for a minute then finish cooking it in a pan which also makes it crispier.