Right In Front Of Me

Last night I stumbled home in a post-marathon stupor and put my race bib on the fridge.

It wasn’t until this morning that I saw the magnet I used – “Have faith in yourself and in the future.” IMG 2456 thumb Right In Front Of Me

Sometimes there are positive messages right in front of us that we need to be open to. I try to surround myself with motivational things, but it doesn’t help if I’m not open to it!

I went back and read all the comments on my Marathon Recap post and do want to acknowledge that I’m very proud of myself. Thank you guys for cheering me on during my journey to the Long Beach Marathon! It truly helps keep me going icon smile Right In Front Of Me Thank you.

I wasn’t sure what to make for lunch and realized the answer was again, right in front of me. I have several cans of chickpeas piled up in the pantry screaming “Eat Me!” but sometimes I’m too busy looking for the chocolate chips “hidden” behind them to realize.IMG 2445 thumb Right In Front Of Me

Lunch was missing a whole grain so I had a packet of cookies because they are a “whole lot” better anyways.  IMG 2447 thumb Right In Front Of Me

Snacks on the go – I almost reached for a plastic baggie to put my carrots in, but I realized that they were fine in the bag they came in. IMG 2449 thumb Right In Front Of Me

On the way home from school I racked my brain for Mexican Meatless Monday ideas. Nothing sounded good. I even tried to talk myself into a few dishes.

I stopped at the store for a few ingredients, but still wasn’t sold on my recipe.

When I got home and was putting things away I saw what I really wanted sitting at the bottom of the freezer – Dr. Prager’s veggie burger. These are my favorite! And there was dinner.IMG 2451 thumb Right In Front Of Me

With green bean fries. I’m obsessed.

To make: spray frying pan with non-stick spray. Throw in green beans. Season with garlic salt, TJ’s 21 seasoning salute and sea salt (if you want). Stir, cover, stir, cover until slightly charred. Serve with embarrassing amounts of ketchup.IMG 2452 thumb Right In Front Of Me

I asked Ben to hide the dark chocolate peanut butter cups from me. Apparently he thinks I don’t know how to look up, or drag a chair to the cupboard. IMG 2453 thumb Right In Front Of Me

So now they really are right in front of me icon smile Right In Front Of Me IMG 2454 thumb Right In Front Of Me

Comments

At first I thought hiding chocolate from myself woulnd’t work but it does :) I have hidden them before and complete forgot where I’ve put them. I have so many open dark chocolate bars in my pantry waiting to be found.

I need to try these green bean fries. Let’s see, I’ve mastered sweet potato, squash, Brussels sprouts, carrot and parsnip fries, but not yet green bean fries! Isn’t it funny how most people consider Sweet Potato fries to be branching out? LoL, please these are just about the most normal thing I would eat. ;)

Glad you are still proud girl. You should be!!!!

3. Ella says

mmm, green beans! i haven’t had those in so long.

thats like my mom’s way of hiding stuff from me and my 17 year old brother. she hides it in a cabinet way up high. it worked when we were kids, but now, my brother is 6’3 and i’m 5’10..so we can reach..she still hasn’t thought of a new hiding place!

I just literally lol’d at Ben’s pb cup hiding abilities. I would have had a chair over there in a flash. :)

I love the magnet you coincidentally used for your bib! It’s great when “signs” show up right in front of us like that.

PS – come visit me before it gets too cold. :)

I don’t know why, but the picture of the “hidden” peanut butter cups really had me chuckling. When I ask my husband to hide something he just usually eats it all.
    Congrats on a fantastic marathon! That’s an amazing PR – I hope you’re proud! A few years ago I was running Edinburgh and shooting for sub4:30. I came up with 4:30.43. 44 stinking seconds! When it’s that close you definitely second guess – maybe if I hadn’t stopped to hand off my mp3, if I hadn’t waved to my hubby, if I hadn’t had to puke that one last time, blah. You did great and should be proud of your accomplishments.
    Also, I think your nails are going to hang on. :)

What a cool magnet!

My husband always hides things like that in high cupboards. He knows I’m entirely too lazy to clear off a chair to drag it over to try and find it, lol.

Hmm green bean fries you say??? I might have to check out these possibilities you know.

Oh and those dark chocolate peanut cuts would HAVE to be hidden better than that in my house! I may eat them all in one sitting! ok, maybe 2 ;)

Those green beans look like they are FULL of awesome. I saw them on the Ben / burger post and always wondered how you made them. But what is TJs 21 seasoning salute and where does one get it? Also, do you use fresh beans or frozen? I bought some fresh at our local crappy store and the ones at the bottom of the bag were all mushy.