What If Wednesday and Big Bowls

Today I opened the fridge for lunch and saw a bunch of random food filled tupperware staring back at me. The containers had peas, chickpeas and brown rice.

Hmmmm…. I racked my brain for a cool casserole or inventive hot salad idea in which to use all these ingredients at once.IMG 2496 thumb What If Wednesday and Big Bowls

Then I realized that I love chickpeas straight up. I didn’t want them buried in some casserole. And I also love brown rice heated up with butter and salt. Yum!

So, I decided to just throw it all in a bowl, heat it up and put some salt and butta on it. I also sprinkled on some garlic powder and considered calling it a “garlic butter sauce”, but then I realized that is bullshit, Smart balance, salt and store brand garlic powder do not a “sauce” make.

IMG 2501 thumb What If Wednesday and Big Bowls My tomatoes are on their last days, so I threw them in too. I went generous with the salt and butter, as I usually do, and this dish was delicious just like this icon smile What If Wednesday and Big Bowls

I love big bowls and I cannot lie icon wink What If Wednesday and Big Bowls

IMG 2503 thumb What If Wednesday and Big Bowls

I took an apple (no pic) and yogurt for a school snack. If you don’t know what an apple looks like please email me and I’ll send you one. Tragic.

IMG 2506 thumb What If Wednesday and Big Bowls

I was uninspired for dinner, (a common theme around here lately) but I knew I needed protein so egg scramble to the rescue. I also had two slices of bread because Ben didn’t eat his. I think there is something wrong with him and may plan an intervention.

IMG 2507 thumb What If Wednesday and Big Bowls

Speaking of intervention, can someone please plan one for me ?

I have an unhealthy addiction to dark chocolate peanut butter cups. I would rather live on the streets with them, then give ‘em up. IMG 2510 thumb What If Wednesday and Big Bowls

What if Wednesday Question:allthemousse What If Wednesday and Big Bowls
www.nataliedee.com

WHAT IF you had a magical bowl, and it was always full of ONE type of food. What 1 food would you pick to be in it?

Me: ICE CREAM. No Question.

Comments

whoopee pies!! I know you don’t actually need a bowl for them but still=definitely whoopee pies. If we’re filling a healthy bowl, it would be hummus and veggies.

if i were alone with that entire tub of pb cups, they would literally last an hour. if that.

I only prefer to eat my meals out of bowls. For some reason, food in a bowl just tastes better to me.
    If I had my choice, it would be a HUGE mess of cereals, granola, fruit and yogurt. I could live off of this for the rest of my life.

What a fun “what if” question. I know that if you filled it up with berries and green grapes I’d demolish that sucker. Huge bowls of fruit are my absolute favorite. In keeping with the dessert theme, though, if you filled ‘er up with golden grahams they would be gone just as fast ;)

I’m glad that you opted for simplicity with your big bowl – it looks delicious!

I am so with @lauren with this one. I love a big bowl of greek yogurt, frozen berries, cereal and granola. Of course you have to add some spices on top like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Delicious!

I am such a big fan of mixing a bunch of things together and calling it a meal. I also love to eat out of bowls and wish I had bigger bowls to eat out of.

My bowl would probably have chocolate chip cookies or cookie dough. I cannot get enough of either!

I LOVE big bowls, too. Most of my meals are in bowls. It’s a serious toss-up for me between pumpkin oats and a bean bowl (like a meatless taco salad with avocado, salsa, etc.) Don’t make me choose, ok? My intervention is very similar to yours – mine is dark chocolate chips with spoonfuls of peanut butter. Pretty much the same thing, different format. I can’t get enough. :) AND, I hear ya with Ben not eating his bread. I find myself eating Billy’s leftovers sometimes. Maybe we are more active than them so bigger appetites? :)

That’s my kind of cookin’! I’m a big fan of tossing a bunch of leftovers in a bowl and call it a meal. The only problem is when my husband asks what it is and I’m like, “Uhhh… peas, rice and chickpeas. Duh.” I guess I could call it a cassarole or a stirfry for his benefit, but he ought to know that I’m not fancy like that by now so whatevs.

8. Valerie C. says

I would pick a warm peanut butter Brownie with vanilla ice cream and cookie dough bites on top. Ohhhh yeah!!!

That is a very good question. I would fill my endless, magic bowl with hot oatmeal made with cinnamon, stevia, and lowfat milk. That’s it. I’m not picky. Although eventually I would probably need to add some peanut butter. :)