Eat What You Love

Good Morning and Happy Monday! I have a lot of things to do, so I’ll make this quick.

I started my week with a 4 mile run that ended with some stomach issues. This has never happened before, so it was alarming. Let’s just say I raced home and kicked Ben out of the bathroom. Not sexy.

I really wanted pumpkin cream cheese for breakfast, but I tried to talk myself out of it for some reason. Boo to that! Eat what you love and enjoy it icon smile Eat What You Love

My taste buds won and I had an english muffin with pumpkin cream cheese on one side and PB&PB on the other. IMG 2681 thumb Eat What You Love

On the side I had pumpkin yogurt.IMG 2680 thumb Eat What You Love

First I heated some leftover pumpkin with pumpkin pie spice.IMG 2674 thumb Eat What You Love

Then, I dumped a container of Vanilla Almond yogurt on top of it. It was like “fruit on the bottom” yogurt where you have to stir it really well to mix.

IMG 2677 thumb Eat What You Love

There is something very satisfying about eating exactly what you want and enjoying it. You walk away from the meal with your tummy full, but your head is full too. Does that make sense?

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve done Monday Mini-Goals. They’re back!

Monday Mini-Goals for 10/25/10:

1. Get 8 hours of sleep each night

2. Do Jillian’s 30 Day Shred 3 times (!)

3. Spend 10 minutes stretching each day & do IT band strength moves

4. Have one healthy “whole food” afternoon snack each day

Have a good day!

Question: Do you have any Monday Mini-Goals to share?

Comments

How great to make Monday mini-goals! This is a fabulous idea. My Monday mini-goals for the week are:

1. Attend one power yoga class and spend 10-15 minutes stretching daily. I have been neglecting my stretches, and my body feels TIGHT.
    2. Make sure that I am replenishing fully after tough workouts. This means getting some protein + carbs within 30 minutes of finishing my runs.
    3. Enjoy the week with my boyfriend’s parents. They only come to town twice a year, and I love hanging out with them!

I hope you have a wonderful week!

2. Ella says

you really are a fan of the pumpkin huh! :P
    i find its better to eat what you really want, i always end up binging later on if i don’t.

my monday mini goals definately include the 8 hours of sleep as well, i feel a cold coming on and my sorority’s semi formal is next weekend! sleep 8 hours a night, lots of fluid, and no junkfood, and hopefully i’ll be feeling good as new by halloween weekend! oh, and to strength train atleast twice this week. my arms are looking scrawny!

I couldn’t agree with you more. I think it’s good to eat what you want and enjoy it. In fact, you’ve inspired me to finish a blog post that has been sitting in my draft folder for weeks.

Mini goals:

Finish setting up our new apartment
    Get 7-8 hrs of sleep each night before long weekend in NYC
    Make our Halloween costumes for as cheap as possible
    Bike, run, rollerblade, run – stick to half marathon training :)

4. Kianni says

Totally know what you mean. I like the mental satiety that comes with eating exactly what I want and what I feel is good and okay and (I hate using this word, but..)nourishing to me XP.
    Mini Goals…focus on school more! Focus on getting a job! Focus on figuring out on what I want to do in my life…oh wait, that’s kinda big huh? >.<""

I agree with your philosophy too. If I don’t love what I eat many times I’ll end up scrounging for more because my mind isn’t satisfied…even though my stomach is full!

My mini-goals for the week are:

1. Straighten the house for 10 minutes before going to bed.
    2. Walk the dog for 20 minutes each day this week.
    3. Stretch during the commercials of any TV shows I watch this week.

Oh do I ever need goals this week.

1. Visit the Met. It’s like a mile away from my new apartment, but it seems like such a long mile.
    2. Exercise. It’s a bad sign when a mile is daunting.
    3. Go to bed earlier! It will probably make all that walking less exhausting.
    4. Read a book. Any book!

I had stomach issues on my last run too, only I was at the gym and I had to rush to the bathroom to throw up. Gross, I know, but I’ve never thrown up on a run before and it was also pretty alarming. At least I made it to the toilet though.

8. iamgriselda says

mmm! your egg scrambles always look delish!!!! :) i have to agree with you…eating exactly what you crave is always worth it! you end up eating it either way!