Wok This Way

One of my favorite wedding gifts was our wok. I always always wanted one! Especially since a stir-fry is my favorite dinner (at least among the ones I can cook). It’s the easiest way to make tofu (in my opinion) and you get a bunch of veggies with the meal too.

IMG 4060 thumb Wok This Way

This sucker is heavy though! It was empty and I could barely hold it with one hand. IMG 4059 thumb Wok This Way

I got this sample at the Malibu Half Marathon this weekend. Stir frys require embarrassing amounts of brown rice and soy sauce. I could have eaten both packages myself, but I shared.

IMG 4053 thumb Wok This Way

The stir-fry contains: Tofu cooked in coconut oil, veggie mix, TJ’s teriyaki and TJ’s peanut sauce and sriacha on top. IMG 4058 thumb Wok This Way

My favorite dessert is ice cream. This is a night of faves! Love it wlEmoticon smile10 Wok This Way

IMG 4061 thumb Wok This Way

Mid afternoon I had pumpkin yogurt with cereals. I may turn orange soon, my hair already is… IMG 4050 thumb Wok This Way

Question: What’s the best dinner you know how to make?

pin it button Wok This Way

Comments

I just failed a stir fry the other day. I added too much peanut sauce and it was gross. I was so bummed because stir-fry is one of my favorite things!

2. Valerie C. says

I love stir frys!!! they are one of my all time go-to recepies…if you can even call it that. It seems like most of my dinners/lunches are toss in pan, add this and that and stir…sooo stir fry! :)
    I have been eating some sort of cottage cheese/cereal/peanut flour mess/combo at night for the past week…don’t worry we all get repetitive. I mean, if it ain’t broken…don’t fix it.

I once made this WONDERFUL baked macaroni and cheese that was absolutely delicious. The boyfriend loved it and brings it up every once in awhile. I haven’t made it since, because it used an obscene amount of cream and cheese (this was before my HLB days). Maybe one day I’ll attempt a healthy version!

I need a wok!! I make stir fry in a dutch oven b/c we don’t have a lot of kitchen pans……… :)
    Pumpkin ice cream is phenomenal. I’m telling you, ice cream is one of the best inventions ever (that and dri-fit)!

I love stir fry, but I actually don’t do a good job making it at home. Maybe I need a wok?
    I’ve kind of lost my cooking mojo lately, but in the past I used to make some really good meals. I think one of our favorites is roasted pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and homemade apple sauce. But, we don’t eat much meat anymore, so I haven’t made that in a LONG time.

Hmmm tough question, I’m kind of an awesome cook haha! JK, one of my family’s most requested meals is a greek bolognese sauce (beef, diced tomatoes, lemon juice, greek seasoning, onion, and feta) over whole wheat spaghetti…. it’s yummy!

7. Meredith says

Pizza is definitely my best meal. I love coming up with crazy topping ideas! Just this weekend i tried to recreate a pizza I had at a restaurant here in Boston, complete with fig compote, gorgonzola, proscuitto, and scallions. Delish!

in my pre-marriage and pre-blogging days, I was known for my banana chocolate chip pancakes. Obviously I’ve expanded my horizons big-time since them…but pancakes (and microwaved nachos) used to be my two main foods haha.

Lasagna Roll Ups are probably my best dinner. A lot quicker than Lasagna and easier to control portions for myself lol!

I also make a pretty tasty Thai Stir Fry and my Fiance loves this Hamburger dish I make. It’s almost like Sheperds Pie but it has a lot more Veggies and it’s served on top of Mashed Potatoes instead of backed in the oven underneath. Quicker and just as yummy. I usually go over board with it though eating like 2-3 servings :$!