No Excuses

This morning I woke up and checked my training schedule – it’s a gym day! I had to eat right away so I didn’t have any excuses to not go.

IMG 5179 thumb No Excuses

I have “America’s Favorite Pumpkin” in my pantry, so there are no excuses to use another, lesser pumpkin wlEmoticon smile24 No Excuses

IMG 5176 thumb No Excuses

I was wavering between PB&J toast versus oatmeal and decided oatmeal. Since we all know I like toast better than oats I have to admit it was just an excuse to use my cute new spoon. IMG 5180 thumb No ExcusesI got it yesterday when I was supposed to be Christmas shopping for other people.

IMG 5182 thumb No Excuses

This guy made iced coffee…

IMG 5185 thumb No Excuses

so I had no excuse not to partake wlEmoticon winkingsmile5 No Excuses

IMG 5183 thumb No Excuses

And I’m already in my gym clothes so I don’t have an excuse for being late. Well, unless you count blogging instead of leaving for my 8am gym class…

IMG 5190 thumb No Excuses

Question: How do you prevent excuses from getting in the way of exercising?

pin it button No Excuses

Comments

I struggle with getting up for a morning workout. I have the flexibility to work out at night so “now or never” doesn’t work for me, but when I do get it together to work out in the morning I’m always so happy and energized for the rest of the day!

that is an adorable cute little spoon! i love it. as far as excuses i just kind of guilt myself into working out by telling myself that it’s going to suck if i don’t get that pr i’m chasing. probably a bad game to play though haha!

My best thing to stop the excuses is to just go outside, once I start my way to the gym there’s no turning back. Especially since it’s walking distance from my job ;)

When I am lying in bed and don’t want to get up to run or workout I just try to think about how I want to feel later on – a sense of accomplishment or guilt and lack of energy? It usually works.

The only surefire way I’ve found to force exercise into every week, is to hire a personal trainer. That, and my weight lifting form is AWFUL. But, having scheduled, twice a week, every week, there are no excuses. It doesn’t matter how tired I am, how lazy I feel, I HAVE to be there.

I wish I could find a running buddy who inspired the same. My running friends all live too far away, or are flakier than I am.

Luckily my workout routine is so ingrained in my schedule now it’s like brushing my teeth or showering. It’s just part of my schedule!

Hey lady! I still eat pumpkin oats allllll the time. I don’t care if it’s not fall anymore and there’s tons of snow on the ground ;)

To prevent skipping out on the gym I try to schedule it at a time when I’m less likely to bail. Also going to a gym class rather than using machines also keeps me motivated.

Have a great day girl!

I almost never have to talk myself into going to the gym. I just love it. I have to get up and out the door every morning, anyway, to take my daughter to school, so it’s just as easy to head straight to the gym.

I’ve actually SLEPT in running clothes before, when I’ve have to get up waaaaaaaaaay too early for races, and it’s been too cold.

It eliminates a step in the morning, and they’re pre-warmed. hahahahha.

9. Maren says

I had pumpkin protein pancakes for breakfast this morning and yesterday morning! pumpkin never gets old! When I’m not feeling motivated, I either call a friend for motivation or I try and remind myself how much better my mood is after my workout!

10. Beki says

Hey, love your blog.

I just tell myself that if i don’t go out for a run/gym sesh at that moment i will have to do double the amount the next day, and the thought of that normally motivates me! Or I make sure I fit exercise in around my days off so i know that’s the only chance i have to go, since I never have time after work.

Those oats look yummy! x

Sadly, sometimes I do not. Like when I rode the elevator all the way down to my condo’s gym, then pushed the button to go back up so I could get back in bed. :( fail.

If I think about it too hard, I just won’t go sometimes. Less thinking and more moving gets me there.