A Kitten, A Burrito and Some Pancakes

Listen, I can’t make all my titles winners. Sorry.

My Nina found a cat a few weeks ago. He was corned by her dog in the backyard. And unfortunately, he was starving to death and too weak to run away. She wasn’t sure what to do with him so my mom volunteered to keep him until we found him a home.

IMG 6123 thumb A Kitten, A Burrito and Some Pancakes

I think he was seriously malnourished because he’s practically doubled in size already!

IMG 6121 thumb A Kitten, A Burrito and Some Pancakes

But, we think he was a feral cat all of his life because he is extremely skittish and doesn’t like being held. IMG 6109 thumb A Kitten, A Burrito and Some Pancakes

We’re trying to get him to come around since he’s still a baby. He’s nice, just wary of people.

IMG 6111 thumb A Kitten, A Burrito and Some Pancakes

If we can’t find him a home my mom will keep him. But, if someone is in serious need of a cat let me know. IMG 6118 thumb A Kitten, A Burrito and Some Pancakes

We headed to my mom’s for a visit yesterday afternoon. As soon as I got there I raided her fridge. I made a big salad topped with crumbled corn bread casserole and a quesadilla. Other’s people’s food is yummier.

IMG 6108 thumb A Kitten, A Burrito and Some Pancakes

Then, Ben and Matt went on an adventure and my mom and I took the dogs for a long walk.

Dinner was a massive burrito from a local joint – Pepe’s. I’m sure Glenn Jones is very familiar wlEmoticon smile11 A Kitten, A Burrito and Some Pancakes (He grew up in the same town as I did and went to high school the same high school as my mom. Small world!)

I got a vegetarian burrito.

IMG 6124 thumb A Kitten, A Burrito and Some Pancakes

It’s funny to me when people are shocked at how big the burritos are from Chipotle. I’ve been eating burritos like this since I was 10 months old (give or take).

IMG 6125 thumb A Kitten, A Burrito and Some Pancakes

This thing is stuffed with beans, cheese, lettuce, tomato and most importantly – guacamole! I only meant to eat half of it, but ended up going back for the other half because it tasted so good. Then, I felt like I had a little burrito baby named Pepe in my belly. No bueno.IMG 6129 thumb A Kitten, A Burrito and Some Pancakes

We hung out with my brother and Heather for a while and didn’t get home until late. I was way too tired to blog, so that’s why I’m just catching up with you now.

This morning Ben and I decided to do breakfast and then a walk. I whipped up some pancakes with a side of fruit.

IMG 6143 thumb A Kitten, A Burrito and Some Pancakes

I used the same recipe I made on Friday – Protein Packed PB Pancakes, but used oatmeal instead of peanut flour and added a dollop of pumpkin to the batter. It works.

IMG 6138 thumb A Kitten, A Burrito and Some Pancakes

Now I must get in a nice walk with my roommate wlEmoticon winkingsmile2 A Kitten, A Burrito and Some Pancakes

Comments

I made your pancakes this morning and they were great! (I added sliced banana in them to make them pb banana – yum!) I’m planning to make a bigger batch tonight to use as a quick breakfast/snack throughout this week!

And now I want a burrito from Chipotle. Thanks a lot. ;P

Aw, I love hearing stories about people being compassionate toward animals in need of TLC! If your mom ends up keeping the cutie, there are resources online with tips on how to socialize the cat and take some of the “feral” out of it.

That burrito looks awesome, I would totally eat a whole one of those just for the chance to have a burrito baby, but I’d name my Javier. Just to be different :)

Kitten!!! Oh, wow. So. Precious. I want a cat, but you can’t take cats camping…that’s a problem.

Pepe and Javier are good names, but I think I’d name my burrito baby Eugene. And he wouldn’t be a burrito baby, he’s most likely be a taco baby. Because that’s the way I roll.

Aww such a cute kitty! I don’t really like cats, but I have a soft spot for all helpless animals. One time I rescued this adorable little kitten and I brought it home…my husband was NOT happy but decided to give it a try. That was a Monday… on Friday I came home to find that he had taken the kitten to the humane society and bought be a Vera Bradley purse to replace it. I could live with that–Vera’s don’t use litter boxes.

But it really was cute!

That is a really cute kitten for sure. Growing up, we would pick up all sorts of random homeless animals including 2 cats even though I was so allergic. I practically lived with hives for 3 years straight! It was worth it though. ;)

I love Chipotle. There are so many options on what to eat that I can usually find something gf there.

6. Susan says

ahh that kitty is darling- virtually all my animals have been rescue animals.
    Your pancake sounds really good-and I don’t much like pancakes. Actually all the food looks good- I think it’s time for lunch!

It’s funny to me how people act like eating a whole chipotle burrito is an incomprehensible act and I’ve done it numerous times. Often without even a stomachache.

I’m not a pancakes girl but I need to try those…I need to figure out how to wake up at the same time as my husband so we can do things like eat breakfast and take walks together….any suggestions?

We only wake up at the same time and eat breakfast together on Sundays. I usually wake up first, but instead of bouncing out of bed (like I normally do) I lay around and “nicely” wake him up. I didn’t used to like lazy mornings, but it’s turned into a really special little tradition for us :)

I absolutely love that kitten! I wish I could take her. But I don’t think my 1 year old Boxer would adore her as much as i would.!! I hope you find her a nice home!

That burrito is massive and looks so delicious!!!!!!!! I’ve eaten burritos like that since I was 10 months old too….my fiance was astonished the first time we ate at a mexican restaurant because I ate more than him! I think it just comes with being mexican ;)

Your pancakes look delicious! I love pancakes!!!!

I love that you have breakfast together with your husband in the mornings :) so cute!

xoxo

Ohhh that kitty is precious!!! I vote you keep her. (But, I also spontaneously just recently rescued a dog (named her Happy!) from the shelter… so I think something may be off with my reasoning…)

Also, Pepe the food baby, has a ring to it…ha!

I really have to make protein pancakes this week after seeing yours and janetha’s on her post tonight ! Im craving them now!

Those burritos are huge at pepes! I bet they are cheaper than chipotle too! Yum! Love guac! Load it up on those too!

Have a great night! The cat is too cute!

What a sweet kitty! I’m pretty sure that one of our cats was feral. We got her from the animal shelter I used to work at when she was about a year old. She has always been really sweet, and she loves petting and attention, but after 5 years she still hates to be held!

My dad actually mentioned el Tepeyac when I brought these home! He was like, “We’ve got to get a Manuel’s special on the blog!”. It’s on my places to go next :)

I have been to el Tepeyac and loved it. The owner, Manuel, will walk around and ask if you want a shot of Tequila. He is this cute old man…I took a picture with him.

As a Canadian I need to ask- What is this Chipotle???!!! My niece goes to college in Louisiana and mentioned it the other day. Apparently there is one in Toronto but as that is an hour and a half drive I will need to wait till I go there to get some! Was the veggie one good??? I am so craving one after the pic!!