Totally Worth It

Ben and I went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner tonight. It’s kind of like our special place because Ben was thisclose to proposing here on a date, but got cold feet! (He ended up asking me the next day.) I think it’s where it should have happened though wlEmoticon smile36 Totally Worth It

IMG 6967 thumb Totally Worth It

We went to the one at the Irvine Spectrum. Right now the ice rink is open, the ferris wheel is running and the palm trees are full of lights. Orange County is good icon smile Totally Worth ItIMG 6988 thumb Totally Worth It

IMG 6989 thumb Totally Worth ItTonight I was pleasantly surprised that they gave us a Nutritional Guide with our menus.

IMG 6968 thumb Totally Worth It

Well, I was pleasantly surprised until I actually opened it up and saw the numbers. OUCH! I made the tragic mistake of looking at the Cheesecake calorie information. OUCH x100.

IMG 6970 thumb Totally Worth It

Unfortunately those facts didn’t keep me from ordering a piece to go. If you’re at a factory for something (i.e. Cheesecake) you should get one. I’m glad I’m at least an informed consumer wlEmoticon smile36 Totally Worth ItIMG 6996 thumb Totally Worth It

Our meal started off the with usual and amazing bread. I am a sucker for bread.

IMG 6972 thumb Totally Worth It

We ordered a pizzette to start. This was amazing – I’m glad it’s small wlEmoticon smile36 Totally Worth It

IMG 6977 thumb Totally Worth It

And for the main event I got the Carlton salad. It had greens, feta, pecans, oranges, avocado (barely), raisins and pears. I LOVE salads ordering salads that have toppings I don’t usually have around the house!

IMG 6981 thumb Totally Worth It

We ordered our dessert to go and headed home to watch a movie. But, first I offered to go on the ferris wheel with my date…IMG 6993 thumb Totally Worth It

IMG 6986 thumb Totally Worth It

He said it was too cold! We are wimps with cold weather wlEmoticon sadsmile8 Totally Worth It

IMG 6990 thumb Totally Worth It

Maybe next time – I really want to ride it now!

IMG 6992 thumb Totally Worth It

We ordered the 30th Anniversary Cheesecake for dessert.

Layers of Our Original Cheesecake, Fudge Cake and Chocolate Truffle Cream.

Ben knew I read the nutritionals and asked me approximately how many calories this has. When I answered he thought I was talking about the whole cake!

IMG 7009 thumb Totally Worth It

Totally.worth.it.

Comments

1. Susan says

still have not eaten at cheesecake factory ( hey I live in BFE) but I have to say that cheesecake in any form is totally worth the insane calorie count. Sounds like a fun evening out.

2. Valerie @ Love N Running says

I love the cheesecake factory :) their cheesecake is so yummy. I like to think they are calorie free :)

3. griselda says

I love the Irvine Spectrum…I especially LOVE cheesecake! :) What a great date, too bad you didnt get to go on the ferris wheel. Its always a treat! I do have a question, and I bet its a simple answer…..how did you get to be so comfortable with taking pictures of your food in a restaurant? Does Ben think its odd, or is he used to it? Hope thats not too personal! :D Thanks!

I love the cheesecake factory and have eaten there probably about 2 times. I shocked by their calories and the 2nd time my hubby and I ate here we ended up spliting a meal and cheesecake.

It looks like you guys had a great time! The lights outside are beautiful and the cheesecake inside looks fabulous. We have a New Orleans Cheesecake Bistro and it is TO DIE for. My fave cheesecake is the pralines and cream :)

Oh yeah, that looks totally worth it.
    I don’t like plain cheesecake, but when it has fudge cake and chocolate truffle cream, I’d be all over it.

I had no idea they started giving out a separate menu for nutrition. That’s a great idea! Well, actually, not sure how good of an idea that is at The Cheesecake Factory but I’m with you. It wouldn’t stop me from eating the cheesecake. Nothing would stop me! ;)

Every time you have a post that shows pictures of how pretty (and snow-free) it is there, I feel like you’re just rubbing it in my face and trying to convince me more & more to move. :) I LOVE LIGHTS ON PALM TREES!! lol

so love the irvine spectrum! my parents live in orange county and when i go visit my hubs and i must go to pinkberrys at the spectrum! i bet it looks beautiful there with all the lights. how fun :)

I want that cheesecake. It looks amazing.

I love the Irvine Spectrum. Whenever we drive to San Diego, we stop there to eat or shop. I really want to try that Veggie Grill place over there.

I love the side braid, very cute!

I think the nutritional info at Cheesecake is depressing, even for the salads. In that case, I think a certain level of ignorance is bliss, especially considering how infrequently I dine there :)

my fiance and i LURVE cheesecake factory! i always order the cobb salad – it hits the spot every time. their 30th anniversary cheesecake is one of our faves – also the red velvet cheesecake. my mouth is watering just thinking about it.!

brown bread is crack. i have a soft spot in my heart for the irvine spectrum b/c my movie “white on rice” played there and the audience was so sweet! that place is a monster – i haven’t been back since!