Back On The Bike

It’s been almost a year since I rode my bike! I think the last time I went was in March when we were in Maryland. (I love that I can look back on things I’ve done via the blog.)

Honestly, I’ve always been really bad at bike riding. I’m shaky and paranoid and just not good overall. So, I was scared that I forgot how to ride my bike wlEmoticon sadsmile10 Back On The BikeIMG 7550 thumb Back On The Bike

Luckily, Ben was patient and we started off really slow so I could get the hang of it again.

IMG 7546 thumb Back On The Bike

We rode a really good path near our place and I showed Ben where I run. Since a girl got attacked nearby I am showing him my usual routes so he knows where I am when I run.

He also realized that I’m not lying when I say that it’s all uphill on the way out and downhill back! I barely had to pedal at all on the way home!

IMG 7547 thumb Back On The Bike

It was fun to get back on my bike, but I’m still very rusty. I need a lesson in changing gears too. I’m a mess. IMG 7548 thumb Back On The BikeBut at least I didn’t fall this time. I remember one time with my ex-BF I totally ate it in front of a bunch of people at a park. Tragic.

I would invite you guys to come with us next time, but I figured you wouldn’t want to come…bicycle Back On The Bike
www.marriedtothesea.com

Maybe next time?
IMG 7551 thumb Back On The Bike

When we got home I started making Pancake Sunday breakfast while Ben got a newspaper. This is my favorite breakfast of the week!

IMG 7554 thumb Back On The Bike

I made a batch of oat bran pancakes for myself and topped them with syrup and Naturally More Peanut Butter.

Oat Brancakes:

1/3 c oat bran

1/2 c egg beaters or 2 eggs

1/4 c cottage cheese

1/8 tsp each: baking soda and baking powder

dash each: cinnamon, salt  & vanilla extract

1 packet sugar or sugar substitute

Directions: Combine in blender or mix with whisk. Cook on a hot, well greased pan.

Eat with jelly or syrup. I prefer syrup.

IMG 7556 thumb Back On The Bike

The only time I drink hot coffee is when my hands need to be warmed. I would be happier if I just bought gloves and drank iced coffee since I like it sooo much more!

IMG 7567 thumb Back On The Bike

Happy Sunday wlEmoticon smile50 Back On The Bike

pin it button Back On The Bike

Comments

I am NOT a natural bike rider either. My husband is though… The worst part for me is the bike seat. Ouch! I need to seriously invest in some padded bike shorts. I’m lacking in that area anyways…

I love bike riding! My family does it all the time in the summer, sadly it’s almost impossible in the winter because our trails are never shovelled!

Thanks for the brancake recipe! Do you know if wheat bran would work or is it a totally different thing? :-)

I hate bike riding so much. I also hate roller blading and skiing too. I think I basically hate going fast (unless it’s on a horse).

At least if I trip when I run, I’ll lose less skin that if I were biking :)

I haven’t been on a bike I think in over a year. I want to get a bike though (or bring it from my mom’s house in Arizona) so that way I can go to and from school, or the market, if I get a job, or just go somewhere random etcetera, since it’d be faster than walking…however I live in East LA, so my Mom and Grandma aren’t too keen on that XP.

Gosh I haven’t been out on the bike in months either. The weather here isn’t exactly biking weather but I’m definitely looking forward to getting out in the spring again.

Yay for Pancake Sunday!!! We celebrate properly as well. :)

No pancakes for me today, but I loved reading about yours! :) They look delicious and good for you getting back on the bike. I’m thinking about starting swimming again. There are just so many treadmill and stairmaster workouts one can do in winter.

awesome ride! good for you for going out and tackling it even though it is not in your comfort zone :) I rode on saturday too…….have a great day!

Glad you’re back on the bike! Biking has become one of my all-time favorite activities. Since Billy and I share a car, I use my bike for transportation a couple times/week and it’s amazing how quickly I can get somewhere. I’d come ride bikes with you and Ben! I’ll bring Billy and the 4 of us can ride that bike. Then eat refried beans and guacamole!

This whole thing about the attacked runner is so scary. I live in aprx. 1 square mile bubble of “safeness,” and it’s really frustrating that besides worrying about increasing mileage, improving speeds, and monitoring sore body parts, we all have to worry about out-and-about crazies. Good call showing Ben where you run- I always text my husband when I leave and come back if he’s at work.