Feeling Fast

Some mornings I wake up feeling fat. Today I woke up feeling fast wlEmoticon smile52 Feeling Fast I was going to do a tempo run tomorrow, but decided to do it today since I felt good. I’m glad I did –my last tempo mile was 7:54! I don’t think I’ve ever ran a mile that fast before!!

Yesterday I stopped at the store for juice. I feel like  I’m getting sick and OJ and extra sleep always help me shake it. I also picked up Cinnamon Burst Cheerios. Earlier this week, I mentioned that I avoided them the other day because I knew I wasn’t in a good place to have it. But, I worked it into my day and just decided to have it for dessert or second dinner (I ate the tortilla soup early). I gave myself permission to eat as much as I wanted and just enjoy it.

It’s delicious! It may not be something that makes me full, but at 110 cals for a cup I can eat a lot without a lot of damage.

IMG 7627 thumb Feeling Fast

This morning I incorporated it into my yogurt bowl.

IMG 7631 thumb Feeling Fast

The rest of the bowl included heated pumpkin, yogurt, chia seeds, a Vitatop and PB.

IMG 7634 thumb Feeling Fast

With my less than photogenic iced coffee on the side…

IMG 7637 thumb Feeling Fast

Monday Mini-Goals!

I’ve written out my Monday Mini-Goals for the next 10 weeks based on my weight  loss and running goals. Each week for the next 2 1/2 months I’m going to add a mini-goal and build on them. Some weeks they’re pretty easy, but they’re realistic and will get me where I want to go wlEmoticon smile52 Feeling Fast

Week 1 Monday Jan. 31 Mini-Goals:

1. Eat a healthy breakfast by 8am (I keep pushing this back and it’s throwing off my day.)

2. Based on goal #1 – In bed by 10pm so I can be up by 6 and exercise early.

pin it button Feeling Fast

Comments

great mini-goals. i try and do that stuff too. and yay for feeling fast. i was feeling semi-fast today and should have moved my tempo up as well

Congrats on the speedy tempo run! Some days I just feel like running fast so I go with it, even if it means changing up my training schedule. I haven’t had those Cinnamon Cheerios, but I love the Kashi Cinnamon Heart to Heart. I’m with you on goal #1 – I’ve been eating breakfast as late at 9:30 or even 10:00 lately and it’s throwing off my day as well.

I’d trade waking up feeling fast to waking up feeling like P Diddy any day :)

I really thought that Vita Top was a meatless breakfast sausage at first. Now I can’t decide if that would have been awesome or gross.

ALMOST bought those Cheerios at the store this morning. I am a creature of habit though, and so I thought, “I don’t know if I’ll like them, so I better stick with the regular cereal.” I am definitely picking up a box next time I am there!

Congratulations on such an awesome tempo run! It’s also great that you took stock of how you were feeling when you woke up and changed your running plan accordingly. Hmmmm…listening to your body, doing what feels best at the time, honoring the type of activity you feel like doing…can you call that “intuitive running?!” I love your Monday mini-goals–they’re such a great way to get organized and ready for the week. Enjoy your day!

I am beginning to feel taunted by the Vita Tops and Muffins that I can NOT get in any way shape or form over here!! AUGH!!!!! Love your goals, I post mine weekly on my BLOG and love to accomplish them, or OUT DO them!!!! :)