Sore Loser

I am sore from Bootcamp on Friday. But I loved it. I don’t think it fits in with my schedule long term, but I will try to catch it again at some point wlEmoticon smile21 Sore Loser

I am a loser because I ranted about how I refuse to refrigerate my condiments on Tuesday.

And today when I grabbed the maple syrup for Pancake Sunday I noticed something weird…IMG 8449 thumb Sore Loser

It had mold inside! Boo. IMG 8451 thumb Sore Loser

I normally use the chemical syrup and Ben uses the real stuff. He obviously doesn’t eat it fast enough or this wouldn’t have happened. All the condiments I eat are consumed before mold ever has a chance wlEmoticon winkingsmile12 Sore Loser IMG 8452 thumb Sore Loser

Pancake Sunday!!!IMG 8442 thumb Sore Loser

Today’s batch included super ripe bananas. Who needs syrup when there is caramelized naner pancakes?IMG 8443 thumb Sore Loser

Okay, well I do. But it still makes them a lot better wlEmoticon smile21 Sore Loser

IMG 8447 thumb Sore Loser

Valentine’s Day / Tomorrow is my mom’s birthday! I’m cooking family dinner tonight and have grand plans for a pineapple upside down birthday cake for her!

Oh, and if you’re wondering – I’m still going to keep my condiments out of the fridge. I’d rather deal with a little mold once a while rather than cold toppings!

Comments

Aww, sorry to hear of your mold! I’ve never had the sugar free chemical laden stuff, but real maple syrup is bomb! You’re missin’ out girl:)

aw, boo! at least it was ALMOST gone… my maple syrup is in the fridge, but I take it out before I start making pancakes or whatever it is going on, and if needed I run it under warm water :)

my ketchup.. I LOVE that room temperature. and I figure if restaurants do it, so can I! :)

those pancakes look YUM!

I always keep syrup in the pantry. Everyone thinks I’m weird for not putting it in the fridge but I hate how it gets too thick to pour. PS- I always use the SF too! I know how completely fake it is, but I can’t help it, it’s my one vice when it comes to chemical infused condiments.

4. Cassie says

Maple Grove Farms is made in the town where my parents live! As for me, I like all my condiments COLD. I don’t mind room temp ketchup if I’m out at a restaurant, but I keep it in the fridge at home. Same with hot sauce, mustard, etc.

i think it depends on the condiment for me. i usually like cold syrup on top of hot pancakes. or cold mustard on a hot burger. the hot/cold combo is gooooooooooooood.

I like the chemical syrup too. It’s really one of the few chemical laden things that I actually like. And I don’t refrigerate my peanut butter. Is that a condiment?

7. Whitney says

Syrup, peanut butter, and mustard in the pantry – everything else in the fridge. Hey, a little mold every now and then won’t hurt ya. ;)