Eat Your Oatmeal

Okay, okay… I’ll give oatmeal another shot. I keep saying that I’m not the biggest fan of this breakfast, but I made Ben a batch yesterday and I was really good!

IMG 8887 thumb Eat Your Oatmeal

So, today I listened to this man and made some for myself. eat the oats thumb Eat Your Oatmeal

The good news is, if I don’t like oats – my cat will help me out.

Cat face in my oats…

IMG 8888 thumb Eat Your Oatmeal

Cat feet in my food…

IMG 8889 thumb Eat Your Oatmeal

In my defense, it is very cold in Southern California today and I needed a warm breakfast!image thumb6 Eat Your Oatmeal

You guys know I can’t handle the C word. So my brain was partly frozen and I needed something to thaw it.

IMG 8890 thumb Eat Your Oatmealoatmeal Eat Your Oatmeal
www.toothpastefordinner.com

I’m running with a group tonight, so no run this morning. I hope it’s not freezing by then!

Question: Who’s ready for Spring or Summer or some kind of warmth?!

Comments

1. Angie says

Umm.. that’s cold for you? It’s currently 17 degrees where I am (Boston). I would give my future first-born child to be in that warm Cali weather right now. Ok, maybe that’s too extreme. But this weather is driving me a bit crazy! ;)

I am dreaming of 56 :) and also of summer and spring. Can’t wait until I can put away the big puffy north face coat. I am with you, not an oatmeal fan. Want to like it because it’s healthy and pretty, but it doesn’t work for me

We’ve had some warm weather in Texas recently – I love it! But it’s am adjustment for me to get back into warm weather running shape. More water! I have a group run tonight, too – this is a 1st for me…

It’s been so cold at night lately!

I hate when SoCal is all pretty and sunny, and then you step outside and BOOM COLD. It’s like the weather is messing with us.

That is short sleeves weather, not oatmeal weather!

I used to like oatmeal. Now my baby LOVES oatmeal and she loves it so much and eats it with such gusto that I usually get it in my hair. Then I get to smell oatmeal all day. Now I hate oatmeal. :)

I think it’s warmer outside there than it is here in my Mom’s house. It’s like a freakin’ ice box here. Oh, and your low is higher than our high temps today. Gross. I hate winter.

I used to think that oatmeal was disgusting. What I figured out was that I don’t like piping hot oatmeal. The warm milk just turns me off. So I make my oatmeal before I hop in the shower, therefore it’s closer to room temperature. Much better!

Ugh it’s freezing here today! I resorted to running indoors and the news forecast said it was 15-20* with the windchill. Joy. I ate breakfast after my run so I had yogurt though lol. I was immediately cold again. Nice right! lol

Seriously, after not getting a summer last year, I feel like I forget what it is like to sit on the beach in warm weather. I need summer here now!!!

UGh…we got more snow last night…it is only going to reach a high of 35 degrees here today..I am so ready for spring and summer..not to much the humidity but i’ll take it for higher temps:)

I like this weather in L.A. right now. It’s kinda cold in the mornings (the news says 44 when I leave, but I don’t believe it..), but once I start running I feel fine. (I go out at 5:30 in the morning with just a wick wear shirt and shorts-and recently a beanie, it keeps my ears from feeling weird and my hair from getting crazy, lol) I HATE running in the heat. (which is why I started running so early in the Summer) or even mild warmth, at least at first. Once I get into it I’m fine, but I also try to wear as little as possible, lol. One thing I did notice on Sunday though- I got wind burn on my legs from the cold! Hehe, weird >.>

I was running in Pasadena this morning and was utterly freezing (it was teetering between 39 and 40 on my thermostat)!! We So Cal people are NOT used to temps below 60. The wind made it worse. But then again, it could be 90 right now, which I am NOT cool with. You can say I can’t deal with the H-word. =)

Laughed when I saw your post title…Read it while eating my daily batch of overnight oats~ I am addicted to these!! I cannot do dry oats mixed with stuff, or cooked into stuff. Some PB, Choco PB2 powder, SF syrup and Chocolate Soy milk mixed into my Overnight Oats is always a yummy treat! We are supposed to finally warm up here in Okinawa, so it will be a nice way to enjoy the outdoor runs more :)

I’m so ready for warm weather. I’m from Idaho and keep threatening everyone in my life that I’m moving someplace warm! I can’t believe I’ve lived here all my life–the cold puts me in such a cranky mood. Today the sun was shining and it was snowing, bleh!!!