Motivation and Mini-Goals Monday

Hello and Happy Monday! This week is jam packed full of exciting stuff – including a trip to Boston wlEmoticon smile47 Motivation and Mini Goals Monday

Since it’s been colder than usual here in SoCal I’ve been more reluctant to get out of bed. So, last night I threw my running clothes on the floor near the heater (not too close as I didn’t want to have to jump out of bed and out of my house because of a fire!). And this morning I woke up to toasty running gear! It was a lot easier to put it on warm <3

IMG 9216 thumb Motivation and Mini Goals Monday

Run: My hamstrings are really sore. I think it’s more from Friday’s boot-camp than running. I decided to take it easy and do a slow and steady 4.75 miles this morning instead of a tempo run.

During my run I had one thing on my mind = breakfast. I couldn’t decide what I wanted today and after a few miles of debate, decided to make French Toast since I need to eat up some of my bread stash before I go out of town this weekend.IMG 9218 thumb Motivation and Mini Goals Monday

French toast made with Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel bread, topped with Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Butter.

IMG 9223 thumb Motivation and Mini Goals Monday

I grilled up a banana to go with it. I have convinced myself naners help with muscle soreness, whether or not that may be scientifically true – it works for me wlEmoticon winkingsmile24 Motivation and Mini Goals Monday IMG 9230 thumb Motivation and Mini Goals MondayOh, and they taste good.
banana split har dee har Motivation and Mini Goals Monday
www.nataliedee.com
Monday Mini-Goals for 2/28/11:

1. Go to KB and Spinning 1x each. Long run Thursday.

2. Clean house top to bottom – I want to come home to a neat house after my trip.

3. Review last 4 chapters for the Personal Training exam.

I am going to Boston to visit Tina and run a 10 mile race this weekend! I have a red eye flight Thursday night and a pretty long To Do list until then.

See ya later!

Question: What are your workout goals for this week?

pin it button Motivation and Mini Goals Monday

Comments

It’s been freezing–literally!–in San Francisco, too, and that warmed running clothes idea is pure genious. I hope you have a wonderful trip to Boston this weekend! Good luck tackling your to-do list. My workout goals for this week are:
    –run 15-20 miles (with a 4-5 mile speed workout included)
    –box, spin, and swim 1x each
    –take a day of rest (very hard for me!)

Enjoy your Monday!

I wake up to the sound of a baby screaming, so I don’t have time for thoughts like “I don’t feel like putting on cold clothes” but it would be pretty awesome if they were warm. Or if the kid could wake me up gently. That would be nice too.

toasty running gear is the best. why didn’t i think of that?! it would have helped me get out of bed for many of the chilly mornings this winter!

I love the idea of warming your workout clothes! Too bad I don’t have a space heater!

I have three main runs this week – an “easy” 5 miler, 9×400 repeat sprints, and an 11 miler this weekend. I also want to strength train 1-2 times!

5. Jess says

My goal is to follow my half marathon training, foam roll and stretch when I’m at home!!! (I only stretch when I teach dance….such a bad role model)

Ok, you’re right. Actually writing down a goal is probably the best idea.

Considering my stupid, stress-fractured food (I know I sound, like, 80 or something), I have to take it easy but sitting for the last 4 days is KILLING ME.

My goal: adapt this week’s BodyRock workouts to my embarrassing foot issue and get at least 20 minutes of exercise each day.

I have a 10 miler this weekend, and I really want to get 3 sessions of strength training in this week! I always slack on my leg days because I feel like running should be enough of a leg workout, but I know doing leg exercises will make my running better!

I didnt know you were coming to Boston! Are you guys planning some sort of blog meet-up?! I live pretty close to there! Either way–good luck on the race, Ive never done a 10 mile one before

Oh, I need one of those heaters! That’s such a good idea.

I am with you on the clean house before going on a trip. It’s so nice to come back to a clean place!

10. Michelle says

I saw on Tina’s blog that you guys are running the Black Cat race! I’ll be there too! It will be my longest race to date. I’m so excited!

My workout goals are to complete all my training runs this week and to sneak in at least one hot yoga and at least one strength training session. Good luck on your goals!