Morning Glory!

Morning! How are you guys today? I started off the day with a 2 mile walk/run with Ben. I am running tonight with my new group, so I voted for more walking then running and he agreed wlEmoticon smile1 Morning Glory!

I woke up hungry today and the few handfuls of cereal I had pre-walk didn’t make a dent in my belly. So, I wanted something super filling for breakfast.  I have come to terms with the fact that I’m not a fan of oats for breakfast – but I still have a MASSIVE stash of them (read: someone shouldn’t buy everything from Costco). I definitely will not eat them when it’s hot out, so I better try and do something now before Spring!

IMG 9281 thumb Morning Glory!

Paired with iced coffee wlEmoticon smile1 Morning Glory!

IMG 9278 thumb Morning Glory!

Inside: Oats, chia seeds, naner, cinnamon, almond milk

Topped with: crunchy PB and Raisins…

IMG 9282 thumb Morning Glory!

Plans for today:

- KB

- Writing project

- Call with RD at noon

- Studying for Personal Training certification (just came across some much needed resources)

- Run with group this afternoon

cheerful as hell Morning Glory!
www.nataliedee.com

Question:  What time of day are you best?

I am totally 100% a morning person. I prefer to run, eat, repeat, talk, scratch, everything else in the morning!

Comments

I’m best at night I think. I have been forcing myself to do morning workouts which I love because I’m still sleeping for most of it and I come-to and its almost over, but the nights are the time where I really shine. Ha. If I really shine.

I am totally a morning person. I am my most productive, happy self in the morning and I always spring out of bed. I tend to start to fade around 9:00 at night. I wish I could be more of a night person, but my body just likes the daytime!

I am not a morning person at all–which sucks because I’d love to be able to workout in the morning. I’m a zombie before 8am though!

I’m best at mid morning. First thing I’m not too friendly and I’m worthless at night. My crankiest part of the day is the late afternoon because I’m exhausted. I’d blame it on the baby, but that was also true before. That doesn’t stop me from blaming it on the baby :)

What do you plan on doing with your certification?

I used to be certified by NCSF and trained in gyms for a few years.

I didnt like the whole sales aspect of it. I wasnt confident enough to sell myself to people in an economy that people couldnt spend money.

I also was not truly interested in the exercise aspect of health.

Im obsessed with the food aspect and am currently persuing my passion :)

Let us know how everything works out!

I’m definitely a morning person. I always have been. When I’m home anyway. When I’m at work I get more things done in the afternoon. That could just be because I’m done surfing the internet at that point. Priorities.

7. Michele says

Have you tried the Fitnessista’s breakfast cookies? It uses oats and is SO much better than oatmeal.

8. Laura H. says

Definitely morning. I wish it was possible to work out in the mornings because that’s when I have the most energy and put forth the best effort. ::sigh:: Guess I’ll just have to put all that energy towards my job. :)

Monica, I can’t believe you’re not a fan of oats, haha. They are my absolute favorite healthy breakfast (haha, eggs bennedict/ a bagel with cream cheese and lox are my favorite unhealthy breakfasts). I like the peanut butter addition though–I’ve found it really makes the oats more filling.

on work days i peak in the AM. but on days off, i sleep in and lolly-gag (how do you spell that word?) the morning away – so im def a later afternoon person.

happy peanut butter lovers day :)

I am definitely a morning person. I may not be the most productive in the morning (I’m working on that) but I love the idea of the morning because in the morning there are still so many hours left in the day to work.
    I know what you mean about buying things at Costco. I have to keep myself from trying new things at Costco because if I don’t like them, or think they’re just so-so, they end up sitting in my house forever or I suffer through eating them because I hate to waste things.

I am definitely a morning person. My mind is sharper then. You should definitely check out my recipe page and look for the different varieties of baked oatmeal I’ve made. My husband likes baked oatmeal waaaay better than regular oatmeal. I bet you could even make it in the microwave although I’ve never tried.

Thanks Kelly :)
      I think I’m pretty much stuck on toast with PB even though oats with PB is a similar concept. But since I have so much to use up I’ve gotta start getting creative!

I am 100% a morning person, too! I have no problem waking up super early to get things done. Plus, I like that time in the morning that I have before anybody needs anything from me. It’s me time!

I have the most energy in the late afternoon/early evening. But I think it’s because I have to make sure to get my workouts done in the morning. If I don’t do it first thing, they don’t happen!

I still need a bunch of pre-req science courses before I can apply to a program, so right now my focus is on the PT certification so I can make some money while going to school :)